Close

Banned User

Default Newbies please Click Here! + Best Threads

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hello,

We are glad to see you made it to the Love-Scent Forum. Here you will find a wide range of pheromone users and some true pheromone experts.

For all your questions about customer service, and other operations at Love-Scent.com, please use the "contact us" link at Love-Scent.com or post in the customers forum. Bruce is the man who runs this great site. :-)

There is a ton of information in the forums, but it can be difficult to understand because of all the abbreviations and strange words. A good place to start reading about pheromones is the Pherolibrary, which contains FAQs and basic guides on products and general use:

www.pherolibrary.com

You can find the abbreviations list here:

http://pherolibrary.com/reference/abbreviations.htm

A handy tool to find answers for your questions is the Search feature:

Forum Search

Franki

---------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a list with some of the most interesting threads from the forum. You can get loads of information from them.

All these testimonials are from posts to the L-S Forum.
    Testimonials

One of my personal favorites is Lake Powell Phero Experiment
    Lake Powell Phero Experiment
    Lake Powell Phero Experiment

A Pheromone Testing Story from A Newbie:
    Hungry.
    Hungry

The Ethics of Using Pheromones
    The Ethics of Using Pheromones

Information about Androstadienone aka A-1
    Information about Androstadienone aka A-1

One of my favorite threads that constitutes a bit of Forum and Pheromone history about the La Croy secret Ingredients:
    Petition
    Petition

Another Newbie Hit Story
    Got Rock and Rolls First Hit
    Got Rock and Rolls First Hit

The Minimalist Manifesto is well-worth the read:
    Less is More!
    Less is more!

Whitehall's first hit story,
    The Hits Just Kept Coming!
    The Hits Just Kept Coming!

A comical thread:
    DnB - Pheromone
    DnD - Pheromone

A thread with some useful mixes:
    WKM Thread
    WKM Thread

This is an interesting thread with lots of perfume/cologne recommendations:
    Le Male and other Colognes
    Le Male and other Colognes

--------------------------------------------

But first of all, before even thinking about pheromones we need to get one thing strait. There is no quick fix, no way to \"cheat\" and skip all the hard stuff and become good with girls, nothing can do this, not even pheromones. I dont mean to direct this at you in particular, but it\'s something every newbie should know, you cannot go through life looking for the quick fix, anything worth having is worth working for.

Most of the guys who want to try pheros fall into the 60-70% who fail with women, and then complain that pheromones dont work when they still fail with women. And the majority of people who come here are looking for a quick fix at first. However, this is the road to failure again, you may see some results, but you are not addressing the cause of the problem.

The two biggest problems men face are lacking confidence and fear of failure. THERE IS NO QUICK FIX TO EITHER OF THESE.

Confidence isnt something you can pretend, you either learn how to BE confident or not bother at all. If you are interested, do a forum search for \"confidence\", and set the search to look back a few months.

Fear has held the majority of men back from success with women, some learn to defeat this fear, others forge on regardless and ultimately fail. Fear of being yourself, fear of looking stupid in front of people (especially women), fear of not knowing what to say, fear of being the centre of attention, fear of not being accepted. These are things a lot of people reading this will have felt, like it or not. Part of the battle is facing up to it, but it is easier said than done.

Now that you acknowledge your fear, the key to defeating it is to understand it. So, why are you afraid? Does it really matter if a particular woman likes you? No. In fact, does it really matter what anyone thinks of you? Generally no, with some obvious exceptions. Hopefully you realise that there is no reason for your fear, but the problem is getting around it. All you can do is practice, and KNOW that what happens in a particular instance doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Bruce; 07-23-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Banned User

Default Re: Newbies please Click Here! + Best Threa

So the new Pmixcalc location is
    www.pherolibrary.com

Last edited by oscar; 07-17-2004 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Updating Link

Banned User

Default Re: Newbies please Click Here! + Best Threa

For those who still wonder , here is some very important and interesting data , measured + calculated by a former forum member , named \"Scientist\" :

---------------------------------------------------------
    Dab. This is where one wets the fingertip by holding it over the bottle mouth and tipping the bottle. This was hardest to measure, it comes down to being about 0.01 ml, and no more than 0.02 ml. Measured with a bottle of AE.

Drop. A full-size, free-falling drop from the fingertip measures 0.05 ml. Note that this leaves a partial dab on the fingertip after the drop falls. Measured with a bottle of APC.

Spray. OK, I\'m sure this varies widely, but I measured the spray from my bottle of The Edge into the plastic cap. It\'s 0.13 ml.

-the pheromone content per ml :

Here\'s the \"consensus\" dosing I uncovered for several products:

The Edge (TE): 0.12mg/ml. one or two sprays.
    Alter-Ego (AE): 0.45mg/ml. two to four dabs.
    Primal Instinct (PI): 0.5mg/ml. 4 dabs, 1 drop, 2 drops.
    Andro 4.2: .14mg/ml. two sprays.

Using the unit measurements from above, and doing the math:

TE: One spray = 0.13ml * 0.12mg/ml = 0.016mg/dose
    TE: Two sprays = 0.26ml * 0.12mg/ml = 0.031mg/dose

AE: Two dabs = 0.02ml * 0.45mg/ml = 0.009mg/dose
    AE: Four dabs = 0.04ml * 0.45mg/ml = 0.018mg/dose

PI: Four Dabs = 0.04ml * 0.5mg/ml = 0.02mg/dose
    PI: 1 drop = 0.05ml * 0.5mg/ml = 0.025mg/dose
    PI: 2 drops = 0.1ml * 0.5mg/ml = 0.05mg/dose

What\'s this all mean? Notice that we\'ve got a range from 0.009mg to 0.05mg, and that it appears the \"preferred\" or recommended dosages are around the 0.02mg range, +/- a few mg, regardless of the products used.

I did more math and message reading, and the overdose range appears to start around 0.04mg/dose. While there\'s some reported major hits at 0.05mg, I think they\'re the exception. There\'s more reported negative hits above 0.04mg than positive 0.05mg hits. Note this is in keeping with the warnings about not using more than one drop of PI.

Note that two sprays of jambat\'s 70/30 APC/NPA mix was reported to be hit-producing, and works out to about .032mg/dose, so this math works well for predicting success with mixes, too. A combinations such as two dabs of AE and a spray of TE puts us at 0.028mg/dose, the high side of the \"hit\" range (but maybe not if we deduct the \'stenol as a different pheromone.)

In summary, it looks like the target range for delivered dose of pheromones is about 0.02 mg, with a top end around 0.032 mg, and past 0.04mg, you\'re probably OD.
    Note that as the stuff wears off, a 0.05mg OD could drop into the high-end hit range.
    Last edited by franki; 05-30-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Default Re: Newbies please Click Here! + Best Threads

Hey Franki, nice to see you credited me for that post!

Anyway, I have a suggestion of

sorts (maybe I should have gone to the suggestion box, but I\'m here now).

Because we get inundated with

repetitive questions from less experienced members, why dont we create a new sticky for Newbie Questions. Then all

the usual questions would be in one place, and other members could respond on an on-topic ONLY basis.

Wadduhya

think?

Stranger

Default Re: Newbies please Click Here! + Best Threads

Hey Franki, kick ass thread. And I am honered u placed my Lake Mead Experiment on it. I know

my nick/ID name is wrong but i have big fingers and the keyboard is small...ha ha. But Kudos to ya,
    TCO

Mods,

Having noticed

continuing repetition in thread topics, some of which have been discussed many times, I'm gona re-suggest my

previous suggestion. I think there should be a newbie FAQ section somewhere (possibly in the Pherolibrary). All it

would take is for people to copy and paste some current and past newbie questions and responces, perhaps with links

to good threads. I started doing this, and got as far as one question

Thoughts?
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

CptKipling,

I think the problem

is, that no matter how many things we can put anywhere, whether that be here in the newbie thread, in a Newbie FAQ,

or in the Reference Library, there are going to be people who are not willing to read anything!
    That's a big part

of the problem. The people who are coming in and expecting us to start rewriting the whole forum just for them,

simply aren't WILLING to go back and read ANY of what is already available. And the more information that we make

available, the more we are wasting our time!

Of course there are different aspects of this problem. It is

obvious sometimes that the people posting these redundant threads are simply trying to accumulate points. In that

case there is a solution that every forum member can exercise; that is, giving the thread poster a negative

reputation hit.
    If the poster is in fact whoring for points, he'll soon realize that the points that are

subtracted by his receiving a negative reputation hit will FAR outweigh any points he may have hoped to gain by

posting the thread.
    This is one solution that the moderators have discussed.

But in the case of someone

innocently postng something that has been discussed, even many times before, this can be an unduly harsh

punishment.

We would also like to avoid the possibility of recipients of negative reputation hits trying to

retaliate against those who dealt them those hits by giving negative hits in return. Such behavior would be dealt

with even more harshly. Anyone who receives a negative reputation hit that they feel they didn't deserve should

contact a moderator.

I used to subscribe to the theory that, "There are no stupid questions.....", and I still

do to some extent. But when I see this same question being asked two or three times in the course of a one or two

week period, I come to realize that the people asking these questions must not know how to use the search function.

I was never much for answering a question with "Try doing a search!", but I'm becoming more inclined to go that

route.

But there are some questions that I don't feel deserve to be answered AT ALL, because they are just

such obvious examples of laziness or points whoring!
    So another one of the options that has been discussed is to

simply delete these threads! And then, after keeping track of who has been posting frivolous threads, banning or

otherwise punishing the offender if the behavior persists.

It's a safe bet that there will always be green

newbies coming in and asking questions that have been asked hundreds of times before. I think that the large

majority of these questions can be answered by using the search function or reading the various reference sources

that SHOULD be obvious to anyone.
    We've just always tended to be nice to newbies, and haven't said things like,

"Use the *&$%#$%@ SEARCH ENGINE YOU &%$#$& !!!!!

Maybe that doesn't have to change. Perhaps we can still be

nice to the TRULY green newbies. But the guys who have been around here for a few weeks, or a month or more, who

STILL seem to be posting redundant or frivolous crap, deserve to be b!tch-slapped.
    And if that doesn't stop them,

harsher measures can be taken.

Believe me, I read each and every post, and if I see a member who is posting

frivolous or redundant garbage AFTER being warned, whether that warning came from a member or a moderator, I will

not hesitate to bring the hammer down!

Oscar
    Last edited by oscar; 12-25-2004 at 05:02 AM.

Oscar always does a better job

expressing it than the rest of us. It does get pretty old answering, for the 132nd time, "how much should I use?".

More irritating than that are posts like "I know this doesn't belong in this forum but I wanted it to get lots

of attention" or "I posted this in a couple other places already and nobody answered me so I am posting it here too"

Then the poster gets bent out of shape when we delete the post!

Like Oscar, I read every post. He's a bit more

inclined to make public announcements about problems, I have a habit of just deleting it if I think the poster has

been around long enough to know better. IMO, anybody smart enough to be here and playing with mones should be smart

enough to follow a few basic rules and use a simple search engine. But, like Oscar, I don't hesitate to come down

on anybody either. It isn't a lot of fun and they don't really pay me enough for the grief we all have gotten over

our actions but I for one don't intend to let the forum go back to the way it used to be.

Hey! Come to think of

it, they don't pay me to do this. Damn!
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Man of La Pancha

Quote Originally Posted by CptKipling
    Mods,

Having noticed continuing repetition in thread topics, some of which have been discussed many times, I'm gona

re-suggest my previous suggestion. I think there should be a newbie FAQ section somewhere (possibly in the

Pherolibrary). All it would take is for people to copy and paste some current and past newbie questions and

responces, perhaps with links to good threads. I started doing this, and got as far as one question

Thoughts?
    Cap'n,

(Not that I'm a moderator or anything...)

I think we do need to have some

sort of centralized system for important posts. My idea was to have a forum specifically for

hits/testimonials/products/whatever, while having one thread for each product. I see the 'posting rules' section,

so I know you could make a product forum and have a moderator or forum vet 'specializing' in that product post a

thread for every L-S product and then close the forum from posting new threads. That way, you could simply direct

people to the main thread if they have a question about a particular product. That might cut down on a lot of

'lazy' posts.

Another suggestion would be to centralize basic information such as "How much do I use?" and

"What's the best product for ______?" or whatever. Then, veterans who are tired of answering simple questions

could just post a link to that section for their reference. Coincidentally, I actually do this for a living

(research questions that have been asked before and provide links to the solutions).

Anyway, that's just my 2

cents. You'd never have to really write "do a search" if you could just copy and paste a link to general questions

and save yourself and others the trouble.

Maybe it should be, "there are

no stupid questions, only ones that have been discussed to death and are now boring".

Despite the frustration

being caused by laziness/point whoring, it is too crude a judgement to frown upon every rubbish thread,

simply because it could end up being bad for Bruce when we are unduely harsh to newbies. In my opinion, we should

make sure there is no excuse not to notice the newbie information, and make the forum very newbie friendly by trying

to cater as much as possible to the unimformed. I like Pancho's idea about having as much per product information

as possible, but perhaps such things should be in the pherolibrary. I have some pretty good information on a few of

the products already copy/pasted away, maybe we should do this for all of them and update the newbie material. Also,

whether it comes to anything or not, I'll start logging basic newbie questions.

Slightly off topic, I think

the current use of the rep system is way out of balance. Hardly anyone gives bad rep; it seems to be the case that

people give good rep in the hope of getting it returned. Case in point: all of the newbies with very high reps, some

of them with only a couple of posts! There are people who deserve good rep, but so many poeple have such high rep

it's a bit silly.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

http://digilander.libero.it/linguaggiodelcorpo/biblio/

Good resource on pheromones, dating and

flirting and non-verbal

stuff.

http://evolution.anthro.univie.ac.at...ect/links.html

[ur

l]http://www3.usal.es/~nonverbal/introduction.htm[/url]

I personally found the forum overwhelming when I first discovered it. I wondered how I would ever read

all the treads and post. I have not even scratched the surface. I feel as a newbie, but seasoned by 2 months of

being here that consolidating the information and centralizing it or simplifying it is a good suggestion. I have

been guilty of posting questions that were already answered or featured in the library. Just yesterday or the day

before I started to reread the cook book and some other stuff to find I had read it and did not understand what I

read previously. There for, I asked questions that were already answered and I had already read before. I am still

not very phero educated but am learning. I was a manager for many years. The biggest thing I would have to deal with

was customer service. I had to explain to my employees that a customer does not know the question he/she asked you

have been asked a million times already today. It would not be nice to go into Mc Donald’s and say “What comes on a

Big Mack?” To receive a response from a Mc Donald’s employee where in which he/she yelled “You stooped dumb a$$ what

the #@$#! It is in the commercial, do you not watch TV?” “Or what kind of drinks do you have and where is the

condiment counter, straws and napkins?” To hear “You idiot can’t you see! I have answered that question already

today don’t you know what kind of drinks we serve? What are you stooped, you ignorant fool turn around and look for

your self!” Every customer no matter how stooped, is entitled to good service. Once showed proper procedures and

orientated to the system then some times you still have to baby them along. This is good service and you know it

when you get it. Go somewhere you have not been before, and if the staff treats you like a King, you’ll remember it.

They make you feel like your questions are important even though they have answered the same question for 300 people

in the last 5 hours. They act like it was the first time they heard that question and that they are happy to have

the opportunity to answer it for you. They talk you through the steps the first 5 times you patronize their

facility, while instilling in you a complete sense of dignity and worth. They do not condescend or act as if to be

patronizing. You are their world and every thing revolves around your experience. You know their feeling of

satisfaction dignity and self worth is in providing you with the optimal experience. We all want to be treated well

and like we are important. None of us want to be dealt with harshly. It must be hard for the Moderators. It must be

hard to be fair with people when so many want to scam people and systems for their own gain. I personally like all

others want to get ahead in life. But, I will never understand why people would want to use unethical and unjust

means to justify their ends. Therefore I do not envy you moderators. I empathize with your frustrations. I believe

this is the source of the appreciation many of us have felt and stated in DST thread “Seed of Gratitude.”

HK45Mark23
    Last edited by HK45Mark23; 11-02-2004 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling correction

Cool

I also am confused about what a discussion forum is about. When I first arrived I was so

enthused. I looked forward to posting about things I experienced after my first pheromone experiment. After a

month or so of reading others experiences and at the point where I had made my first purchase, and first experienced

pheromones, I was disappointed to get no or little discussion from my post. I also admit once I found

out about the point system I wanted to be point rich. I don’t understand the forum store. What are the

things you can do to enhance your username and what is a custom title? None of the actions seem like anything other

than an inhibitor to receiving a discount. Now that I have seen the same questions pop up over and over from newbie

who are wetter behind the ears than I am I can understand how frustrating it is for the experts. Maybe

there should be a special discussion forum for “newbie’s” hosted by an “expert” and an “intermediate” level zone

followed by the “expert / doctorate / scientist / manufacturer level.” This way if you are into deep intellectual

discussion philosophizing about the many chemical compounds and social interactions related to such compounds as

well as the nature and stability of the chemical etc… it can be done with out interruption. This is not to

say others can’t join in but the non experts would find their best opportunity to learn in a class of discussion

that would be on their current knowledge and understanding level. As they would learn more they could then be

comfortable in discussions on a higher skill level. Also having volunteers to help the people under their level

gain the knowledge and understanding to enable them to succeed in their pheromone education and jump to a new level

of understanding. This followed by reinforcing the new found knowledge by volunteer community service in the

aforementioned procedure of teaching a newer or lesser experienced pheromone enthusiast. It is in the teaching

process through watching others that we learn the most and become masters. It is through their mistakes that

we experience the learning. It is as if we made the same mistake. If you don’t make mistakes you can’t learn. So

through partners and groups the knowledge and experience can be better organized and passed on. Also people who

have learned a skill will be more enthused to teach it to another than one who is already taught it to hundreds.

They are the ones who can monitor the system and interject corrections and coach the ones who are learning or

enforcing knowledge through conveying it to another. This also can be an avenue to weed out any myths and miss or

disinformation right from the beginning. I really don’t expect to get this to happen but thought I would interject

it into the discussion.

HK45Mark23

Man of La Pancha

Default The Pheromone Help List

When

asking for assistance with pheromone usage on the forum, it would be beneficial to other members if you could answer

the list of questions below in your initial post. By providing this information with your query, experienced users

are able to discuss your current situation more easily:

The Pheromone Help List

1. What are your

current biological/psychological/chronological stats (gender, age, height, weight, race, sexual preference,

etc.)
    2. What were your expectations when purchasing -mones?
    3. What are your current goals for -mone use?

What product did you use?
    5. What dosage did you use?
    6. Where did you apply?
    7. Are you using a cover scent?

What location are you attending with your -mone use (home, club, grocery store, friend's basement)?
    9. What

actions did you observe?
    10. Are you actively attempting to be sociable, approachable, and friendly?
    11. Are you

presenting yourself in a confident, attractive manner (putting your best foot forward, so to speak)?
    12. Is there

anything we can do to assist you in your success with pheromones?

We would be happy to provide any assistance!

Receiving answers to the above questions allows us to help you in a more efficient manner!

King of the coupons!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho1188
    The

Pheromone Help List

1. What are your current biological/psychological/chronological stats (gender, age,

height, weight, race, sexual preference, etc.)
    2. What were your expectations when purchasing -mones?
    3. What are

your current goals for -mone use?
    4. What product did you use?
    6. Where did you

apply?
    7. Are you using a cover scent?
    8. What location are you attending with your -mone use (home, club, grocery

store, friend's basement)?
    9. What actions did you observe?
    10. Are you actively attempting to be sociable,

approachable, and friendly?
    11. Are you presenting yourself in a confident, attractive manner (putting your best

foot forward, so to speak)?
    12. Is there anything we can do to assist you in your success with pheromones?

We

would be happy to provide any assistance! Receiving answers to the above questions allows us to help you in a more

efficient manner!

5A. Did you mix the mones before

applying, or applied them separately.

13. The age rage of those you think was affected by your

mix.

Good thought Pancho ... I was going to ask this of everyone a couple of weeks ago, I thought that

would be asking too much, but still, it just seems right.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Default Gel Pack Applications

I see SO many

rookies who start out getting the gel packs, and use way too much, that I thought I'd put this in the sticky

thread.

Here are some guidelines:

SOE Gels (old .13mg.) - 1/4 to 1/3 pack per

application
    SOE Gels (new .08mg.) - 1/3

to 5/8 pack per application
    AE Gels - 1/4

to 1/3 pack per application.
    TE Gels -

1/5 to 1/4 pack per application
    Perception

Gels
    - 1/2 to 1 pack per application
    Chikara Gels (old .13mg.) - 1/3 to 1/2 pack per

application
    Chikara Gels (new .08mg.) -

1/2 to 1 full pack per application

To avoid waste start experimenting at the lower end application amount.

Oscar
    Last edited by oscar; 02-17-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Updating for new sizes

a few

links:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/
    dabbing
    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15248
    mesurments

/applying
    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.

php?t=15248

Nioxin
    http://www.love-scent.com/fo

rum/showthread.php?t=8785

my comments:
    since im in the computer bisness would recomend: a knowledge base

(kida faq+search thingny)
    witch can enable a larger faq (more questions Asked/awnsered )
    in diffrent fields,with

diffrent products
    also be nice to have a section for newbe treads {that way you can actualy see what the newbe are

asking in general }

I'm flattered that two of my

threads are included.

The most important concept to get is that to be attractive to women, first, be a

man.

Pheromones do help break the ice and reduce inhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehall View Post
    The most

important concept to get is that to be attractive to women, first, be a man.

Pheromones do help break the ice

and reduce inhibitions.
    Here here to that. So many newbies expect far too much from pheromones. They

aren't magic. You still gotta do the grunt work before you can get to the "grunting" work...

Learning

to do careful observation, taking your time, experimenting over time, not going overboard with the dosages or with

starting with complex confused mixes... all important aspects leading to success.

Patience, young

grasshopper...
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Thread Information