Close

Banned User

Default Cover scents......technically impossible?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Many people say pheromones such as -none and copulins have a repulsive smell when in high concentration. I think an old school way of thinking is to be careful of an OD, you will smell sooo terrible(I don\'t totally agree). So we are told to use cover scents to help cover up the scent of these \"smelly -mones\".

Ok then -none smells because if in high concentration it produces a concious odor right. It is the concentration of -none that creates that bad smell right? Then how would using a cover scent help? You now have a high concentration of -none and a scent. Maybe it takes the attention off of the -none and such but it doesn\'t technically do anything.

It\'s like crapping your pants and spraying cologne on your butt. Does one cancel the other out? No it just smells like cologne and crap right?

Default Re: Cover scents......technically impossible?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

It\'s like crapping your pants and spraying cologne on your butt. Does on cancel the other out? No it just smells like cologne and crap right?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NPML (nearly pi$$ed myself laughing).

Holmes

Phero Enthusiast

That makes sense, like I always say: \"Putting pretty stuff on funky stuff, doesn\'t make it smell pretty, makes it smell pretty funky\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Ha-ha-ha!

Banned User

Why would -none in \"smaller\" amounts smell great to women, but in higher concentrations is supposed to smell so \"god awful\"?

I don\'t even think it is conciously smelled. I can see how wearing too much will send signals to the girl thus making you come off as irrating/annoying. I have seen this effect the get away from me. effect which may be interpreted as you smell.

ahhhhh confusing eh?

Phero Pro

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

Maybe it takes the attention off of the -none

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Banned User

TM, you know people talk about \"spiking a cologne with NPA\". After spiking it, it often smells better than before. That is the same with cover scents, when done right, -NONE and cologne enhance each other.

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

No technically it doesn\'t smell better. The added -none gives you the perception that it smells better through working through your VNO. It seems like it smells better. Maybe there is a concious smell to this.

I think the cologne and pheromones are working on two seperate areas and of course that\'s a good thing. So when a girl smells your cologne the NPA does not add anything to the scent of it just the way she perceives it. Just like wearing pheromones makes your face look cuter, your butt tighter and such (in her eyes).

Colognes/perfumes are very sensitive if it was a concious smell you couldn\'t just add it to every fragence or else it would be disasterous.

hope that makes sense.

Journeyman

It does help change the perception...... I\'ve had a 60/40 mix of Edge and Stetson that I\'ve used... that\'s been thought to be \"strong cologne\" by most people. Most people don\'t conciously smell the -none

Even if they don\'t conciously smell the none, the possibility of an OD is still there. The fact that you stink when you OD might be only part of it. There is still the theory of indifference or even repulsion with an OD. That theory nicely explains why you can wear mones one day and not get a reaction but without wearing them the next day you get hits. OD resulted in indifference or repulsion while wearing mones, residual mones provided a far lower dose the following day and resulted in attraction.

I know it is unproven but it also meshes well with the less is better philosophy. My own experience is that I get hits with very small doses of mones, I usually wear only a fraction of what I see others posting here. But the venue is different too and should probably be considered.

When we talk about subconscious detection of pheromones, we usually mean detection via the VNO. However, -none is said NOT to stimulate the VNO. Therefore, it is the bearly detectable whisp of the -none scent which stimulates regular olfaction sense organs (or at least something which isnt the VNO). Too much -none and concious detection of it\'s smell becomes very apparent.

If this theory is correct, then it is a little like cooking. You have certain ingredients that enhance the overall taste when in small amounts, but if the lid falls off the salt when your shaking it then it spoils the meal.

Regardless of the organ, the number of molecules needed to create a reponse and the number needed to create a negative response is the question. Consider the nose\'s reaction to any other scent, in small doses it can be pleasant but in larger doses, repellant. An in excessively high doses can utterly overwhelm the organ resulting in a temporary inability to react at all. The number of molecules required to produce a subconcious response very likely is well below the threshold of normal smell. By the time we can actually smell the stuff, we\'ve ODed.

Your right Bel, focusing on the organ in this instance isn\'t important. The crux of this is that people need to find out how much salt spoils the dish [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I\'ve just thought of another layer to my analogy, some people can tolerate much more salt, just as some people can tollerate more -none. As well as this, there is also a grey area of the amount of salt added where large doses are tollerable, especially with other ingredients, but you never can cover up too much salt [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CK - Pheromone Cordon Bleu [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CK,

That\'s why I keep mentioning the venue where I use mones as oppossed to others. In a bar with a lot of other young people who are all oozing their normal output of mones a larger dose would be appropriate. In a business environment or a library or some other less competitve environment, a smaller dose would be more effective.

That\'s a good comparison, using salt as an example.

Phero Enthusiast

So cologne isn\'t a good idea? This is a new idea.

Colognes are fine. The issue is covering the stink of too much none with a cologne, it doesn\'t work. The comment TM made early on in the thread explains it pretty clearly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thread Information