Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Default Re: CV job application etc

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Mmmm... Tahiti...
    I don’t think humans were designed for much work in the first place. But since it’s a dog-eat-dog world...

Here’s a phero trick that seems to work for me (two good jobs in the past three years) but it requires more effort than simply spraying your application:

Hand deliver your resumes/applications while wearing pheromones and chat up the secretaries. They rule whatever office your application has to go through; so your best chance of getting in the door is to make a big impression and become their friend.
    My resumes always end with “References upon request.”. But after the application deadline has arrived I go back and hand deliver the references without waiting to be asked. This a)gives me a chance to work on the secretaries a bit more, b) gives them a chance to identify my resume, c) identifies me as an aggressive candidate (without getting pesky) and d) puts my resume right back on top of the pile.

Another tip, if you work for a rather large company:
    Forget about phone calls, e-mails, work orders etc.. Apply some pheromones and walk to whatever office handles the job you need done. Be nice to the receptionist, but be extra chummy with the secretary (remember, they rule). This cuts through a lot of bureaucracy and gets things done quicker than using all the technology that’s supposed to make things run more efficiently.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Banned User

Wow, some excellent

methodologies there! I have to try that!

Journeyman

FWIW I agree with a.k.a.. I have

done things similar to this most of my career. The old adage "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is

an old adage for a reason. The "senior executive assistants" and other women in similar type positions have a GREAT

deal of influence whether subtle or overt, on their bosses, male or female, much like the wife of a senior executive

has at least some influence over his professional decisions but probably more so.
    Even without 'mones I have

always made a point to be friendly w/ people in these positions primarily because I am a friendly person but also

because that friendliness can make things happen when you need it to. But do not abuse it, they are not stupid and

they know when they are doing you a favor.
    I travel and know the "heads" of the reservations offices and front

desks in the places where I routinely stay out of town. To the point I know their voices over the telephone and they

know my name. I tend to get "upgrades" into nice suites when one is empty and I have had other people's

reservations "juggled" to accomodate reservation errors clerks have made with mine. No - I am not a "hunk" nor a

millionaire, very friendly and polite without being overly familiar. Where people share details, I remember and

remember to ask in follow-on contact, ie. "Did your daughter have her baby? How are they doing?"

JB#2 was always good for me NPA +

SPMO.

-The Bat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information