Close

Stranger

Default NPA application: Skin or Clothing?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi,

If I was going to apply a dab of NPA on its own, would it be better on skin or clothing?

Thanx

Banned User

Default Re: NPA application: Skin or Clothing?

Stranger

Well, since I apply SOE gel to skin (can\'t stain my clothes), I guess the best way is to apply NPA to clothes then.

Cheers

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Well, since I apply SOE gel to skin (can\'t stain my clothes), I guess the best way is to apply NPA to clothes then.

Cheers

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] why?

Banned User

Because at the end of the thread I linked to it was suggested to go half and half, or apply -mones to both skin and clothing.

I guess he thinks the soe will stain his clothes so he has decided to apply the NPA to clothes instead, and use the SOE on skin.

In my experience the gel doesn\'t really stain (takes a long time to dry and you have to rub it). I would put it on the inside of my collar and such. If you are wearing jeans its not too noticible either.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

My theory is -none/NPA/Edge on skin, as pheros tend to be broken down to -none and other simpler pheros anyway. I am assuming NPA is made of such pheros. I don\'t know that they dissapear altogether, at least within 36 hours. Mones on your skin convert in a variety of unknown ways, sometimes going back and forth.

Banned User

Hey DRST,

With the eventual breakdown, do you know if they break down to plain old -none, I know that sounds very stupid, but it seems kind of counterproductive for our bodies to produce and then in a short period of time to break down many of the pheromones it produced. I understand our body is producing these all the time, but in a natural setting out in the wild with out much showering and such it should start a pretty solid build up? Do these pheromones break down into -none but some how a bit different to inhibit different reactions from those around?

Skin app. is by far the best way to go, well in my experience.

RE conversions, there are definately other conversions involved, for example if you let SOE go rancid on your skin, it does not smell like just -none.

I like your question about natural build-up, but dont forget that natural pheromones get washed off by sweat, which perhaps serves as a mechanism to keep fresh mones on our skin. Also, we produce different amounts of mones in different situations, for example it has been shown that we produce a lot more -none in the presence of adrenalin, but we may not produce large quantities of -none otherwise.

CK-

We produce more none in response to increased adrenaline, huh. Maybe that would explain why I can be wearing a perfectly acceptable amount of mones, but have ppl move away from me all of a sudden if I start to get POed about something. I\'ve noticed that happen a few times. Hmmmm. Interesting. Hell, I think I may have noticed this happen even before pheros. Guess I never really thought about it.

Sag,

There is a thread early-ish in the archives about natural concentrations of mones on skin. The study that was linked to seemed to have very high quantities of mones involved, surprisingly high. But when you look carefully at the study, it says all the sweat samples were adrenaline induced.

This also brings up a very important point about phero usage. Adrenaline isnt just released when you are feeling aggressive, but also when you are affraid (flight or fight). So producing high -none may not signal high alpha-ness on it\'s own, so a good way to cement the alpha impression is by acting assertively etc, otherwise you may go unnoticed. And as is the case with all alpha\'s, people will challenge you when you are wearing -none, but they tend to back down a lot faster [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks CK-

I\'ve only been challenged a few times since I started using mones. With the exception of once when wearing pheros while I was sick, all the other times were wearing JB#1. That\'s why I don\'t use JB#1...I got some good hits, but it seemed to cause more problems than it was worth. Nothing personal, I know it works great for lots of ppl. Never had a problem w/ any of the mixes that I have used before or since...provided that I\'m in good health, that is.

You are so right about playing the part if you wanna go around smelling like an alpha!

Stranger

Well I tried both (skin and clothing) and I think the best way is apply to the skin for NPA.

Thread Information