Close

Default Learning to Dance... women, your help is needed!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Okay, I\'m trying to learn to dance better...

Not salsa or anything (that comes later), but regular stuff you see in clubs. I\'m learning to breakdance and will learn glowsticking, but I don\'t know any good videos to learn HIP HOP for guys or just club dancing for guys. Can anybody suggest a good how-to video?

Phero Dude

Default Re: Learning to Dance... women, your help is needed!

Oooo, that\'s a tough one. Club type dancing is completely unstructured and mostly consists of bump&grind or just shakin\' it. I think the big thing there is just to be confident and \"lead\" when you\'re up close with someone. You know, get your groove going and then put a hand on her hip to get her moving with you, use your body to flirt with her, etc. Just don\'t try to feel her up or anything too quickly or it\'ll be over before it starts. I think more than anything, that kind of dancing is just about feeling the beat- listen for it and move your hips with it. The more you do it, the more comfortable you\'ll be with it. Do it in front of a mirror in private first if you think you look like an idiot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] IMO, Salsa or some other type of latin dance is a good way to start if you have no concept of rhythm. You\'ll be forced to \"feel\" the beat and you\'ll get a crash course in leading (which is oh so important, in nearly any form of couple dancing). Breakdance and glowsticking are cool, but they\'re mostly individual, so they\'re more practiced than normal club dancing- just do what you feel (and watch the guys around you who look like they\'re doing well with the ladies). As far as videos, I have no clue! I always just learn new forms of dance by observation and repetition. Good luck!

Phero Pro

Default Re: Learning to Dance... women, your help is neede

xxxPantero,

I agree with DK. A lot of that club dancing is unstructured bump & grind. As for instructional Hip-Hop videos try this: www.ericfenn.com/video.html

I was introduced to Eric Fenn last September when he came up from the Bay area for a workshop. He is very good at breaking down movement. The video has some basic exercises as well as routines plus the breakdown of the routines.

--------------------
    <font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

Phero Dude

DVK,
    Would you suggest some specific CDs? I love this kind of dance, but I\'m too old to do it publicly!

Here ya go Jon.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.zefrank.com/indexdance.html

A friend of mine recently picked up this Michael Jackson how-to video which teaches all those vintage Thriller/Billie Jean moves. I don\'t think they included the dangling-the-baby-out-the-window move, though... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cool video link, Swinger. I might check that one out. Believe it or not, there also are a couple good videos available on Amazon, breaking, hip-hop, etc...

Totally agree with DK\'s advice, though. That\'s pretty much how to do it. I would also second that learning Salsa is a really good idea. Also highly recommend learning Samba, Forro, or any style of Brazilian dancing.

Holmes

Hey Jon,
    I can honestly say I learned all my dance moves from that site Elana gave you, and I get all kinds of attention on the dance floor! Give it a try! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes! The chicks dig those moves. Try them out! Trust SRH and myself. Would we ever lead you down a wrong path?

That \"Seinfeld\" dance is awesome. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    That \"Seinfeld\" dance is awesome. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">The Elaine dance is OUTSTANDING [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

Just grind her leg and ass, and dance like you have a very large penis, like it\'s the center of your gravitational movement.

When I see a man doing the \"basic twirl\" I get so wet!

Phero Pro

Hey Jason ... such an advice is quite unfair if given by you or me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Hehe ... Elana, wetting yourself while laughing tears doesn\'t count.

Phero Dude

Lucky, what type of music/dance are you interested in? I can make some recommendations for club-type dancing or country dancing, but as far as swing and latin, I might have to pass the ball. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] LMK what you like and I\'ll see what I can dig up for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    The Elaine dance is OUTSTANDING [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

A classic! Has me ROFLMAO every time I see! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hell, just thinking about it now has me LMAO! Don\'t we all know somebody like that, though? They\'re everywhere! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Lucky, I can recommend a couple swing cd\'s if you\'re interested. PM me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information