Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Creatine

Default Re: Creatine

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Has creatine been shown to have adverse effects on the liver/kidneys?

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yes, on people with existing liver/kidneys problems.

I agree 100% on supplements being your last choice. First comes nutrition, then your workout/routine. Supplements should be used as a way to give an extra edge in the gym.

Creatine works, period. I have used several times and I do gain water weight, however, I can workout harder and longer. What that does is, since you workout harder, on the long run you\'ll be able to gain more muscle mass. I have been able to add a rep or two on lifts I had normally done for 10 rep max. I had people thinking that after taking creatine they\'ll get huge, it won\'t happen. Nutrition is key.

If you can\'t gain weight then eat more. Need to lose weight? eat less and do more cardio.

Btw, liquid creatine is a waste. Its been proven (in actual research) that stuff is just water.

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=90

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=139NEW UPDATE

***AST writes article that mainly promote their products but this one is a good read on the update on this liquid creatine crap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I agree 100% on supplements being your last choice. First comes nutrition, then your workout/routine. Supplements should be used as a way to give an extra edge in the gym.

Thanks Papi. My sentiments exactly. Like I said, when I worked out last (it\'s been a year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), I used Cell Tech and EAS Betagen. Both really seemed to help. One thing though: people here have talked about facial puffiness/bloating. I never really noticed it, but if it does happen, does it lessen over time? Or do you have to stop the supp intake for it to go away?

Holmes

Holmes, I forgot to mention that Creatine has not been long enough to know of any possible long term side effects. There have some research from a French source that Creatine caused cancer in animals, but, It was not legit. However, just like everything in life we take risks in everything we do, Every food we eat, every beer we drink, taking a walk aroudn the corner, flying, ect..everything around us has its risks. Just be smart about taking creatine.

About your question, I pissed off all of the water right after I stopped my creatine cycle. I never really noticed my face bloated but people told me I was thicker 1 month into my 2 month cycle.

My advice to you is to drink plenty of water and eat right plus train smart. Just keep taking the recommended dosage.
    You should consider taking ALA w/ biotin.

You want supplements? Sure, take your mult. vit.. thats the start [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks Papi!

Holmes

Phero Pro

About your question, I pissed off all of the water right after I stopped my creatine cycle. I never really noticed my face bloated but people told me I was thicker 1 month into my 2 month cycle.

Define \"face bloated\"... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

\"Face Bloated\" is Agatha Christie\'s long-awaited follow-up to \"Mirror Crack\'d.\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] And supplements are involved.

Holmes

Phero Enthusiast

Buy some NO2 from GNC, that sh*t is awesome. It keeps you perpetually pumped. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information