After years of putting it off, I finally get around to read those dreadful books. Having decided that they most assuredly won\'t live up to the high standards I had set myself with \"The Lord of the Rings\", I thought \"aww, [bad word] it, everybody\'s doing it; if I\'m going to rant about them, I should\'ve at least read them!\"

So I read Book 1 yesterday.

Book 1: The Philosopher\'s Stone
Having seen the movie when it came out (=years ago), I wasn\'t allowed the luxury of engaging my own imagination. In my mind, everybody and everything looks like they did in the movie. Potter is that guy, Hermione is hot hot Emma Watson, Hagrid is that cool guy from \"Coltrane\'s Planes and Automobiles\" and Nearly Headless Nick is John Cleese (woohoo!).

Not to be thwarted, I read on, and found the book rather engaging. The time flew by, and before I knew it, I was on page 150.

I\'m pretty convinced that there are hidden subliminal Satanic messages everywhere, because somebody said so, and because you can\'t reach such a level of fame without help from the Dark Lord, or at least L. Ron Hubbard.

Maybe the beginning letters of words in sentences spell some kind of dark commands, like \"Haill Satan!\" in \"Harry And Ingrid Looked at Snape And Thought, \'Aaah! Nasty!\'\". Well, that\'s the best I could think of.
At 425 Million in the bank, I\'m sure Mrs. Rowling lets some kind of secret government super computer do that kind of work ...

But I\'m not really convinced about it just yet, and once I start walking around in black robes, eating people\'s faces, I\'ll be sure to notify you about it.

The movie pretty much spoiled the experience, because I couldn\'t think \"Oh no, Snape is the evil d00d and that stuttering weakling is such a nice guy blah blah!\"

Thank god I haven\'t seen the second one yet, so Book 2 will be more of an experience.

I\'ll keep you posted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

In a few days: The Chamber of Secrets