Close

Thread: Athena 10x

Default Athena 10x

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Does anyone have experience with Athena 10x? I used it before I discovered Lovescent and I think it had a subtle effect but nothing like AE,PI or SOE. I\'m curious if anyone else used it.

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Athena 10x

I used it. \"Maximum results after 3 months!\" s**t in my opinion. They also dont telll the ingredients. Possibly a mixture but I say three months thing is a big lie. I used it until depleting and nothing happened.

Banned User

I know this is an old thread but I couldn\'t resist answering this question. I agree with CasanovaMan, you do get responses from 10x. It didn\'t take 3 months for to kick in either. While I do think that the testimonials on that site are exagerated bs., I do believe the product works. It does seem to make your partner feel more serene and at ease. It\'s not a kick ass product like AE or Primal is, but it does work. It is not worth the price they charge though.

Brian

Phero Pharaoh

While it might work, it seems very diluted to me. If it was of high quality, it would be sold here on love scent. Bruce only sells the best.

- Krish

Winnifred Cutler is not held in high regard by any of the olfactory researchers that I know (and I know many of them). Her initial claim (on TV)was that Athena 10:13 contained DHEA, but then she clammed up about the ingredients. She also said that a pheromone for men could not work because in nature it\'s always the male pursuing the female. Then, within a year, she had a product for men on the market. DHEA has been shown by researchers working for Human Pheromone Sciences to have no effect on the VNO (who cares?). The VNO is not required for pheromones to alter levels of luteinizing hormone and other hormones linked to sexual behavior. The biggest problem I have with DHEA is that levels are very similar in men and women, which means it is very unlikely to be a sex specific pheromone and also very unlikely to be any kind of pheromone at all. On the other hand, its primary metabolites are the most likely candidates for being human pheromones. That\'s why SOE contains androsterone (a primary metabolite of DHEA). Lots more rationale for my approach to this topic. Need I again mention my web site:

Phero Enthusiast

Yup. D*H*E*A

De-Hydro-Epi-Androsterone

Name says it all.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I have a bit different approach to DHEA than jvk (though we might not disagree), which can be found in the old \"DHEA need to knows\" thread. Do a search if you are interested.

I think DHEA is a pheromone, the effects of which are partially unisex, and partly \"indirectly sex-specific\" (in the way it metabolizes on the skin and mixes). It is analogous to a musk as a \"broad-band\" attractor. I have also noticed the comfort thing. It\'s not just the -rone.

But I suspect the Athena product is not an efficient buy, due to the strength. DHEA is cheap stuff.

Phero Enthusiast

There is so much hype on DHEA in the supplement industry. Ive read so called experts try and convince people it will do everything from regrow hair to cure epilepsy. No joke.

There are specific membrane receptors for DHEA, and we know it does some interesting things, but in my book, it needs more study.

Phero Enthusiast

Well it sure didnt work for me. Besides why would you want to buy 100$ hoax, instead of real reasonable pheros on this site?

Clive Jennings-White, the chemist for Erox/Realm/Pherin/Human Pheromone Science told me that DHEA has no associated odor, and no effect on the human VNO. However, he was using picogram amounts. I was so put off by Cutler\'s garbage science that I never experimented with it in a pheromone context. I did however take 50 mg/day as a supplement for several years. Didn\'t notice any change in my natural body odor. Have seen reports from people on this forum who say they do notice a change when they supplement with DHEA, but I still believe this is due to its breakdown into androsterone and etiocholanolone.

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Does anyone have experience with Athena 10x? I used it before I discovered

Lovescent and I think it had a subtle effect but nothing like AE,PI or SOE. I\'m curious if anyone else used it.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    Bumpus.

In the interest of science, I finally got around to an

experiment:

I ground up about 100 25mg tabs of DHEA in a mortar and soaked the resultant powder in 50ml of EtOH.

After a couple of weeks, I strained the mess into a bottle. For the past two weeks, I\'ve been dipping a finger

into the result every morning and rubbing it on my wrists.

Interesting. I\'m getting the same results as when I

take a fair amount of DHEA: my beard/eyebrows are getting darker and I\'ve grown a zit or two. This would indicate

that Athena 10x works through transdermal DHEA absorption. And that could explain why it is supposed to take several

weeks to have an effect...

I can\'t tell about its pheromonal qualities, as I\'m still wearing my normal mix.

But I thought I\'d dump some more findings into the pile...

-Bass

Thread Information