Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Default Re: Question on Birth Control ladies...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    STD-Sexually transmitted disease

LTR-Long term relationship

Banned User

Ta.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Elana was faster.

I think if you\'re able to fvck, you\'re able to life with the consequences. I wouldn\'t mind becoming daddy anymore. It\'s time anyway and I\'ve thrown any illusions of a happy familie\'s live over board already. Like I just told someone, the society is changing and married couples that make it gold will be less and less common.

Banned User

You two look like each other and sound like each other.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Yeah ... but I already edited my answer ;P

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    It\'s time anyway and I\'ve thrown any illusions of a happy familie\'s live over board already. Like I just told someone, the society is changing and married couples that make it gold will be less and less common.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Buddy I discovered \"America\" a long time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

I\'ll stick to condoms, if you don\'t mind, especially because I travel a lot [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just use condoms and stop fussing around.It is effective both as a contraceptive and prevents disease.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My youngest daughter is the result of a broken condom. NOTHING is foolproof! Any wise person who is not prepared to raise a kid should protect themselves as completely as possible. Use two methods every time.

Banned User

My youngest daughter is the result of a broken condom

A puncture. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Children are super. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My youngest daughter is the result of a broken condom

A puncture. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Children are super. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Children are great and she is one of the best. But, condoms are not 100%. Do not trust them as if they are.

Phero Pro

A native and his son are sittin\' on top of a hill in Utah watching the sky. Suddenly the son asked \"Father, tell me, why did you call my sister Plum Blossom\". The father replied \"Because the blossom of a plum tree felt on the belly of your mother after we made your sister\". \"Uhum\" said the son. They sat for about another hour on top of the hill while meditating, and again the son started to speak \"And father, why did you call my little brother Roaring Thunder?\" The father said \"Because a storm raged at the time we made him and the thunder was roaring like he liked to welcome him, but ... why are you asking such strange things Damrippitcondom?\"

Phero Dude

TBird,

There\'s a lot of good information about the different types of birth control out there on the internet, but I\'ll paste a few links here so you have a place to start. First off, I wanted to say that I love LOVE *LOVE* my Depo shot. It is extremely effective and I find one of the side effects rather pleasant (loss of the period). According to the Planned Parenthood site, the longer a woman uses it, the more likely she is to stop having periods, and roughly half of Depo users will have no period after a year. Some women do not like this- they like the assurance that they are *not* pregnant month after month, and there seems to be this stigma attached to not having one that signals bad health. I have researched this thoroughly, and I have found nothing that substantiates that. With Depo she *will* have to go in every 3 months for a new shot, but I think this is actually a good thing. It will give her the opportunity to ask questions frequently and she\'ll get a check-up everytime she goes (basic- not an exam) so that the doctors can keep a record of her progress. Here\'s the link to the Depo page on the PP site...
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/depoforyou.htm

Norplant (implant) is even more effective than Depo and it lasts for 5 years (I\'m not sure that it isn\'t visible though- knew a girl in HS who had this and she had little bumps on her arm where the vials sat). I don\'t know nearly as much about this method since I\'ve never used it. Here\'s the link to Norplant on the PP site (I read on another site that Norplant was discontinued, but I\'m not sure if that\'s true, so you\'ll want to check on that if you\'re interested in it)...
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/norplant.htm

I know that you are looking for something to replace condoms, so it\'s pretty unlikely that you\'ll be using them as a backup method once your girl takes up another method. SO, there are some other things you can use as a secondary method if you feel the need. The VCF is one and it\'s pretty easy to use, but it *does* have to be used within a reasonable period before sex so it sort of cuts down on spontanaeity. Check it out here...
    http://www.emory.edu/WHSC/MED/FAMPLAN/film.html

In any case, it\'s best for you and your girl to go and see a physician about this. If she doesn\'t already have yearly gynecological exams then they\'ll require one before they will prescribe her anything. PP gets a lot of flack, but they are extremely well informed and are more likely to be honest with you (IMHO) than a traditional doctor b/c they are government funded and not as influenced by pharmaceutical companies. You should know that with any method of BC involving hormones, there will be side effects, usually to the tune of *possible* decreased sex drive and weight gain. With Depo, she\'ll need to take calcium supplements daily (the little chocolate chews, Viactiv, are what I take- plus lots of milk, which I love anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) b/c the shot can cause a deficiency and puts her at higher risk for osteoperosis. Anyway, I\'m not sure if that was the information you were wanting, but I HTH in some fashion. Bottom line- see a doctor and you can discuss the options and get your questions answered. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hated my depo shots. I gained a few pounds when I was on it. The pill never did that to me. My friend Jen gained a ton of weight when she was on it, and it took her years after she got off it, to get her period back to normal. Do a search on the forum for depo. FTR has a really bad story about a friend of hers that was on it.

Phero Dude

That\'s a good thread. It\'s good that people realize that there\'s always risk involved. I guess in the end, it\'s up to the woman and what she feels is best for her. I have a few friends who think I\'m crazy for taking Depo (from all the horror stories they\'ve heard), but I\'ve had nothing but good experiences with it (I did gain a little weight, but I could have easily stopped that with regular exercise and good eating habits- both of which I was neglecting at that time in my life). Some women are going to be more prone to complications than others. Just one more reason to speak to a doctor about it! Knowledge is power. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

@DaVinciKittie thx alot for all the quality info.

Unfortunatly , I did some further investigation myself...

seems like \"depo\" causes WAY more troubles/sideeffects for a MAJORITY of people , than it does GOOD !

-so I dropped it from my list of possible replacements for condoms.

-I asked her about depo too (on the phone) and she was a little mad at me. She said , she would never do injections or implants - and SHE believes + trusts in the pill 100%. All her friends used it for years without problems and she discussed every detail with her gyn-doc.

Well I guess we will use the pill...and condoms on the dangerous days. That shoulda do the trick !

Thx for everybody input though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information