Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Phero Dude

Default Any way to speed up healing of Black/Blue marks ?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    &lt;&lt;&lt;Black and blue marks can be caused by a lot of things, most of which are totally accidental, like, for example, bumping your knee against the corner of a coffee table or stubbing your toe on a bedpost.

But no matter where or how you get the black and blue marks, the first thing you should do is start applying ice immediately - and I really do mean immediately.

A bruise develops when blood vessels break under the skin. Then, blood starts seeping into surrounding tissue and causes skin discoloration. But by applying ice as quickly as possible, you can slow the discoloration process down.

How? Well, ice helps to minimize a bruise by constricting the blood vessels. This, in turn, helps to cut down the bleeding under the skin.

The less bleeding there is, the smaller the bruise - and the quicker it heals!&gt;&gt;&gt;

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Well , \"the first thing you should do is start applying ice immediately - and I really do mean immediately.\"

Its definetly too late for this part (Don*t ask why , long story) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , thus my question : is there any lotion/creme/stuff that would speed up the healing of a big \'ol black eye ??? (Actually 2 of them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
    I know it would heal of by itself , after a nasty process of skin discoloration going from <font color=\"black\"> BLACK </font> to <font color=\"blue\"> BLUE </font> to <font color=\"green\"> GREEN </font> to <font color=\"yellow\">YELLOW </font> to <font color=\"orange\"> NORMAL </font> !
    That shizznit woulda take weeks!!!...Is there ANYTHING I could do to enhance healing ? Right now , I\'m applying cold water , (Ice would freeze of the sensitive tissues around the eye) swelling is better now ,however discoloration is a pain in the ass.

Ok , plz No smartass advices like : Getchyaself sunglasses !

Help is really appriciated , thx in advance !

Banned User

Default Re: Any way to speed up healing of Black/Blue marks ?

TBird

I think you\'ll get more help in the health section, I\'m sure.

Also, try applying Aloe Vera on the marks.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Next time beat her with a rubber hose!

I\'m kidding!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

Look , I\'m really pissed/desperate about this, smartass comments don\'t help me much. Only way to lighten up my mood is to lighten up those damn eyes !!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    God ! What a f.uckin piece-o-[bad word]-play-on-words !
    See what I mean ? Arrrgs.
    There\'s got to be SOMETHING...I mean its not f.uckin stoneage , see how much modern medicine is really worth ? Can\'t heal a stupid black eye [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Well , anyways , I\'ll definetly try the ALOE VERA stuff tommorrow ! (as soon , as I can get my hands on it) From what I\'ve read , it has tons of useful vitamin/minerals in it , maybe it will help a bit.

Thx for the tip - + keep those tips coming , I need the real deal. Camouflage is not an option either !

Put a steak on it!

Phero Dude

whoa great , the third smartass comment ... somehow I don\'t see myself laughin !

Put a steak on it = WOULD HAVE been the first thing to do , directly after the accident. I don*t think there\'s anything magical about a raw steak out of the fridge , besides its coldness/cooling feautres.

Well , I think I thought up some goofy $hit myself. I\'m trying to create a pumping sensation within the skin , by :
    Cooling the area with cold water so everything contracts , and then heating the area up again , so everything expands and the blood gets flowin again. Doing this over and over. This should be good for circulation and transport of accumulated blood ! Damn , don\'t we have any docs on this board ?

King of the coupons!

First 24 - 48 hours...Keep ice on it to keep the swelling down, and to constrict the blood vessels to help decrease the internal bleeding, which is what causes the black-and-blue color.

TBird my friend - once the eye bruises, there\'s not too much you can do except control the swelling. You\'re gonna have to suffer for about a week and some change my friend. Sorry. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Avoid aspirin - limits blood clots
    Try Acetaminophen - if you need to take a pain reliever
    Don\'t blow your snotter (nose) - it could cause your face to blow up like a ballon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Think I better let\'er go...Looks like another love TKO. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Banned User

Just use the Aloe Vera!!

Try to get the plant itself, cut it into half and from the raw side apply it freely on those marks and bruises.

It helps me a lot, no reason that it won\'t help you.

Good Luck.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

ok ok guys , big thx. Seems like I have to live with it for a week or two. Whatelse can I do ? Put on sunglasses and beat myself with a frikkin rubber hose ?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What a mess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] makes me wonna sing the blues : I wear my sunglasses at night , so I can soooooo I can..... (wait this isn\'t blues , DOH ! )

Banned User

It\'s really not that bad, it\'s actually a gift. A small child who lives in Cambodia loses both his legs, he will never have those legs back so he is forever doomed to roll around this world wondering what could have been. You on the other hand will have back what you want in a week, which will make you cherish and love things that you may take for granted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Are you off to many public places and such? I doubt it will be a huge hassle. Is it about not looking tough, like someone beat the $hit out of you? Doctors? Ahhaha Doctors are great at treating things, but even in our time Doctors can\'t do much to solve a lot of medical problems, what was the last disease that was cured? Polio? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

\"A small child who lives in Cambodia loses both his legs\"

Wtf is this again ! You can ALWAYS compare yourself to someone who is in a much worse situation , in order to make U feel better. Thats cheap ! Thats pointless ! No legs = Fate ! Black eyes = Fate (or a lining up of coincidences - whatever u want to call it)
    I can\'t f.uck with fate ! I don\'t see myself shedding tears for all the poor/handicapped people out there , because I CAN\'t do ANYTHING ABOUT it ! Why should I turn into a crying whimp psycho freak or be \"oh-so-extra-happy\" that I still got both legs (actually 3 if you count the kickstand between them !!!) ? Doesn\'t make sense , does it ?

For now , my biggest problem (or current favourite obsession [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) ARE INDEED these damn black eyes ! Simple as that.

Banned User

I can\'t f.uck with fate ! I don\'t see myself shedding tears for all the poor/handicapped people out there , because I CAN\'t do ANYTHING ABOUT it ! Why should I turn into a crying whimp psycho freak or be \"oh-so-extra-happy\" that

Well heheh I guess you can see how we feel towards your problem, I think Exit was just being himself funny to some assholic to others? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I also don\'t think there is anything anyone can tell you, or some sort of tip. I doubt anyone\'s solutions are remarkably better than another person.

I use Nivea Silky Shimmer, I think it\'s for women ahhh who cares anyhow right? You should maybe buy a small makeup kit, that should help.

BTW: A kickstand? Jesus hahah.

Banned User

Yea TBird,

It\'s as simple as that, he he [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Next time you get beaten up you sooth yourself with Tallmacky\'s \"WTK, in Cambodia I would have lost both my legs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

harrharr [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] now THAT was funny indeed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

+ I did NOT get beat up. It was my fault + an accident !

Banned User

+ I did NOT get beat up. It was my fault + an accident !

Yea yea, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I say that to my mom all the time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So what sort of an accident? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Tbird, I happen to be an `expert´ when it comes to bruises and sprains etc. The usual products I have always used will be of no meaning to you because they´re probably not available where you are anyhow.

HOWEVER, I had read that emu oil works for this type of injury too. About one or two months ago I had managed to bruise my upper thigh on a leg which is already injured and running into the top corner of a cupboard door was pretty painful (even more) . I had this nasty bruise there for a few days, a week max until I remembered this emu oil thing.
    I´m telling you it really works! After like two days it was practically gone [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] brilliant [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] .

So get hold of some emu oil because this is the best/ quickest working thing I´ve ever tried for these injuries. I wish I´d had this stuff back at school - I was permently injured back then, from sports, stupidity and er, just being prone to those thing I guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I hope this helps
    CJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

WHOA GREAT NEWS !

THX DUDE ! I\'ll google for emu oil , because right now I don\'t have the slightest idea what the hell it could be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Classic Herbal Treatment

...is comfrey. Gets some hot water, add some confrey extract, mix, soak a towel in the solution and apply as a compress to the bruise.

Never tried it but will next time I get a bad bruise.

Sadhu

Default Re: Classic Herbal Treatment

whitehall, you are funny recommending a cure not knowing if it works or not [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Where did you hear about this method?

Tbird, I got my emu oil from skinbio. It´s about 15 $ I think. If you find another source to buy this stuff from please let me know won´t you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    CJ

Phero Dude

Default finally .)

taaadaaaa...found the holy grail !!!

Visited the local medicine shop , explained the problem and bought the best thing out there for my prob :

HEPARIN-POS (working ingredient heparin-natrium)

that stuff comes in familiar 10ml dropper bottle and is supposed to be droped directly on the eyes/eyelids , where it quickly soaks in and aids in dissolving/detransporting the blood jams / trombosis + hinders further blod jamming.

So I guess , I was wrong about modern medicine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sorry !

Anyways thx for your help and suggestions , I\'ll let you know if that stuff DOES what it claims to do in a few days .)

~peace out !

The comfrey suggestion is in several of my books on herbal healing and is something I remember as folk wisdom. It was something that I have confidence in and I did qualify my lack of direct experience and confirmation. Some American towns were named \"Comfrey\" by the pioneers as a symbol of comfort from the herb.

Just trying to help.

I dont bruse much, but wouldn\'t a gentile skin massage help, makes sense?

Sadhu

ouch,no that´s not so good I wouldn´t do that.

Sadhu

Default Re: finally .)

Sounds good Tbird, I hope it works well enough.

So this comfrey stuff is a sort of local (USA / american) thing. Interesting, thanks I like learning new stuff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I dont bruse much, but wouldn\'t a gentile skin massage help, makes sense?

My brother just broke his ankle sliding into second base (He plays softball. Good thing he broke it after our vacation). Anyhow, he doesn\'t have to have a cast (has to wear a boot whenever he goes somewhere) so I could see some nasty black and blue marks on his foot (also pretty swollen too). Anyhow just yesturday he was soaking his foot repeatedly in warm then cold water on someone\'s suggestion to get the blood flowing and speed up the healing process.

--------------------

<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>

If I wasn\'t so late in this discussion, I would suggest leeches (no joke). They are making a comeback after disappearing for a while. A bruise is a pooling of blood under the skin and the leeches would suck it out.

Phero Dude

hmm , maybe if I tell my girl to suck REALLY REALLY REALLY hard this time , the blood would finally/completely leave my troubled face - Something worth trying isn\'t it ?!?!?!

Here Kitty kitty , I need medical atention [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Yes dear , thats what the doctor said : A 2 hour non-stop BJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ! Yes , of course daily [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]! For how long ? DOn\'t really remember [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] , think he said half a year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]something....

Anyhow just yesturday he was soaking his foot repeatedly in warm then cold water on someone\'s suggestion to get the blood flowing and speed up the healing process.

SwingerMD,

Are you suggesting TBiRD should go and soak his head repeatedly? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I\'ll second this suggestion! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hungry

Phero Dude

Well , I\'ve been using those drops every hour yesterday , dropping some directly into my eye , and using 5-6 drops on a q-tip , smearing all over the eyelids. Already at bed time , I felt a significant relief (swelling wise).
    Today I woke up , looked in the mirror aaaaaand : Hooraaay for boobies lol !

Some minor discolorations disappeared completely ! (the light yellow and light green ones) The big blue spots on the left eye turned red now , and the spot on the right eye , that used to be dark red is a brighter (healthier looking) red now. I can\'t complain !
    Maybe with a little luck , I\'ll be more or less \"acceptable\" looking @ the weekend when My girl comes to stay over !

Damn she is a bit pissed @ me, I didn\'t allow her (nor any friends or family) to visit me , eversince the accident that messed up my eyes ,occured.

I\'m a proud man goddammit ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

lol , she told me on the phone , that she DOENS\'T care at all if I temporarily look totally messed up , she just wanted to come over , take care of me / hug me /kiss me /cook something tasty... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I was like : AHA [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]! How the hell can u NOT care bout my looks !!! (Not a nice move , but I was just teasing her a bit on purpose - I do realize , it was a very sweet thing of her to tell me = She loves me with and without nice eyes)

Anyways , I\'m loading up on arginine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This weekend will be OFF DA HOOKIZZLE , FOSHIZZLE ! A one week timeout isn\'t that bad afterall, unforseeable accidents a day keep the routine away lol wtf....

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information