Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Permanent French Manicure

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'m ecstatic.

Last time we had a Girl\'s Stuff thread, I asked for and got a lot of recommendations about how to grow strong nails, all of which I followed to a T, and sure enough, weeks later, had perfect nails ... HOWEVER ... I did heavy seasonal housecleaning Memorial Day weekend and ruined my hands again and was back to square one and just really sick of it.

So I got acrylic tips and a permanent French manicure and let me tell you, it\'s beautiful. I don\'t have to worry about polish except a coat of clear, so no more worries on that score (I hate chipped polish...). They just look very clean and perfectly groomed and absolutely natural.

I couldn\'t be happier. I highly recommend it. I can wear rings and bracelets again and don\'t have to sit on my hands or be embarassed of them anymore - the confidence boost is amazing ... and there\'s NO daily maintenance, just a salon visit every two weeks for fills. Piece of cake and so worth every cent. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

Default Re: Permanent French Manicure

FTR,
    What\'s a *permanent French manicure*? Sounds great.

Is it not regular polish on top of the acrylic?

**DONOTDELETE**

I don\'t know the names for everything, so I\'ll just tell you what she did.

First she buffed my nails. Then she put on acrylic tips and trimmed them down. Then she got out two colors of powder, one pink and one white, and a little jar of some clear, bluish liquid. She dipped her brush in the liquid and then in the white powder, which instantly formed a gel, and she put a glob of that white gel on the end of my nail and over the tip, and shaped it. Then she dipped her brush in the liquid again, but this time picked up the pink powder, which formed a gel on contact, and she put the pink powder on the middle of my nail and spread it with the brush to fill in the rest of the space between the white tip and the bottom of my cuticle. (This powder, is that acrylic or is it gel? They don\'t say on the list of services - it\'s just called Permanent French Manicure, but they also had silk wraps, gel nails, and acrylic nails.) She went over the whole thing with the brush dipped in liquid a couple of times to make an absolutely even surface. Then she buffed it all out so it would not be too thick and to ensure smoothness. Then she did the final shaping and filing. Then she put on one coat of clear nail polish. Voila!

So the nails are actually constructed of pink and white substance, it\'s not polish - you never have to polish it, the color won\'t chip or wear. It\'s an always 100% perfect French manicure. The most you ever do is put on another coat of clear when the shine from the clear polish wears down.

It\'s the most amazing thing I\'ve ever seen, I\'m just tickled to death. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wish they had it for toenails.

Phero Dude

That sounds great!!!

I hate to get a regular french manicure because it only lasts a day before chipping. I\'m looking into this technique today!

Thanks for the tip.

I have found that the Essential Oils dissolves my nail polish! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Is this normal?

**DONOTDELETE**

Sure. Some hair stuff will, too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information