Close

Banned User

Default A very bad day indeed.

visit-red-300x50PNG
    So you think you\'re having a bad day. The following is taken
    from a Florida newspaper:

A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the house in the kitchen. The man was racing the engine on the motorcycle and somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear.
    The man, still holding the handlebars, was dragged through a
    glass patio door and the motorcycle dumped onto the floor inside the house.

The wife, hearing the crash, ran into the dining room, and found her husband laying on the floor, cut and bleeding, the
    motorcycle laying next to him and the patio door shattered. The wife ran to the phone and summoned an ambulance.

Because they lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the several flights of long steps to the street to direct the paramedics to her husband. After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital, the wife uprighted the motorcycle and pushed it outside. Seeing that gas had spilled on the floor, the wife obtained some papers towels, blotted up the gasoline, and threw the towels in the toilet.

The husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home. After arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the damage done to his motorcycle. He became despondent,went into the bathroom, sat on the toilet and smoked a cigarette. After finishing the cigarette, he flipped it between his legs into the toilet bowl while still seated.

The wife, who was in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband screaming. She ran into the bathroom and found her husband laying on the floor. His trousers had been blown away and he was suffering burns on the buttocks, the back of his legs and his groin. The wife again ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.

The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at the street. The paramedics loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him to the street. While they were going down the stairs to the street accompanied by the wife, one of the paramedics asked the wife how the husband had burned himself.She told them and the paramedics started laughing so hard, one of them mistakenly tipped the stretcher and dumped the husband out. He fell down the remaining steps and broke his ankle!

Default Re: A very bad day indeed.

This guy won a Darwin award about6-7 years ago for that.

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    This guy won a Darwin award about6-7 years ago for that.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

What do you mean? Was this a true story?

I\'m pretty sure it\'s true. Most Darwin awards are given for actual events, IIRC.

I think it was in CA though, not FL.

Phero Pro

Darwin Awards are only granted to people that helped to strenghten the gene pool. They have to either kill themselves or k-line their fertility at least. That\'s the way it was handled in the past. I am not sure, but anything else doesn\'t make sense to me because it\'s a \"Darwin!\" Award.

There are exceptions every year, for the extremely-stupid-and-will-probably-kill-themselves-off-eventually crowd. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Ok .. I think he deserves his nomination. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Ok .. I think he deserves his nomination.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I second that nomination [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I think the wife deserves a nomination as well in this case [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here, here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

upsidedown

This story appears to be an urban legend, and not a true story.

http://www.snopes.com/spoons/legends/toilet.htm

I also just got through seeing a story about this on The Learning Channel\'s \"Mostly True Stories: Urban Legends.\" They also shot down the story.

Sorry to burst so many people\'s bubbles! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

Upsidedown

Why are you spoiling other people\'s fun? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They were all distributing nominations, even I got one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thread Information