Close

Phero Pro

Default MOBLEY: Supp\'s & workout regimen

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve been spending a lot of time over at bodybuilding.com I took Mobley\'s advice & went on a shopping spree over at DPSNutrition.com, this is what I got:

NitroTech - 4lbs
    Muscle Milk - Chocolate & Choc/Peanut Butter - 2 lbs. each
    Multi Pro32x - Multi-V (got this off the boards, one of the better Multi-V\'s for lifters)
    Tribex 500 - for Tribulus Terrestris!
    DiMaxx - Liquid Creatine

I get a lot of flack for getting the DiMaxx, but I like to experiment with the new stuff, I will say one thing, it\'s a lot different then the MMUSA crap. This stuff is almost in a gelatin form when you extract the liquid with the oral syringe. So I think it can stay stable in liquid form. Worst case it only gives me an energy boost for my workouts & the protein I\'m taking in will help the muscles develop.

From what I read in order to get big & still cut then this the regime I\'m following:

- When you work out work hard with little \"downtime\" keep reps in ONLY the 4-6 range and the goal is to reach failure (I think that means whereby I cannot even complete the rep - I have no problem with that so far!), I make sure I use that machine that locks evey 6 inches so I don\'t have 200+ lbs landing on my chest [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Lift every other day, but my workouts are only lasting between 30-45 minutes & then I am spent, is that long enough? Typical routine is:

Pre-workout Supps: (as soon as I wakeup) Multi-V, Tribex, bowl of cereal with 1% Milk, DiMaxx - 5mL

Incline Bench - 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps
    Squats - 3 sets (same reps through out)
    Shoulder Press - 3-4 sets
    Back - I use the pull down but I don\'t use the long bar, I use the hand grips that you would use for seated row - 4-5 sets
    Tricep \"rope\" standing pull down - 3 sets

Post-workout Supps: 16 ounces Skim Milk mixed with: 2 scoops Muscle Milk, 1 scoop NitroTech

Nighttime, Multi-V & Tribexx, I\'m afraid to take Muscle Milk before bed, but that is recommended? I can\'t see how taking it with Skim Milk for 470 calories & 18g of Fat before bedtime is going to help me get cut? What is the reasoning??

On off workout days, 20 minutes of 90%+ Maximum Heartrate Cardio (need to do this now, been procrastinating). Take same supp\'s on non-workout days.

Make sense? Suggestions?

Default Re: MOBLEY: Supp\'s & workout regimen

I\'m no expert but here are some things I\'ve gathered from places like that site:

- A lot of ppl say it\'s not possible to get big and cut at the same time. Whether it is or not, I think it\'s easiest to first get big and then cut.

- Your diet is essential to both, and that\'s why I think it\'s so difficult for both to happen at the same time. It\'s hard to create a big/cut diet.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Lift every other day, but my workouts are only lasting between 30-45 minutes &amp; then I am spent, is that long enough? Typical routine is:

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

- You\'re not working on the same muscles every other day are you? You want your split to address a different muscles each day, and leave about a week in between. So if you work on biceps and chest on monday, you don\'t work on them again until the next monday. Your muscles need to recover and then grow.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Post-workout Supps: 16 ounces Skim Milk mixed with: 2 scoops Muscle Milk, 1 scoop NitroTech

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

- I\'m not familiar with those supps, but I think water is a better base for post workout supps because absorption will be faster. Milk is better for other times of the day, as you want the absorption to be slower then.

\"You\'re not working on the same muscles every other day are you? You want your split to address a different muscles each day, and leave about a week in between.\"

I agree, it\'s not when you lift that you grow (You\'re tearing down muscle)it\'s when you rest.

Phero Pro

Yeah fortunately I just started to get back into the routine. for a 3 day workout per week, what are good muscle groups to work on for each of the given days? I\'m going later tonight, I\'m think of working just legs, back &amp; shoulders. Then on Wednesday I\'ll work chest, bi\'s &amp; tri\'s (need to look good for my b-day). And Friday...what\'s left? Or is tonight\'s workout working too many major muscles? Save back for Friday &amp; work it with what other muscles?

By the way after I walk elmo

You\'re missing abs and possibly forearms. I say possibly because forearms get worked out in a lot of other excercises so it depends on if you want to address them specifically.

I do a:
    - back, legs, abs
    - chest, sholders
    - bis, tris, forearms

Another option is to group those into 2 days and leave the third for cardio. But again you need to work out the whole cutting/bulking paradigm. Apparently if you\'re a new at lifting it actually is possible, but I\'m not sure what the exact formula is. Oh and it\'s also possible if you take steroids [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    Finally 30-45 mins of workout is just right. You really shouldn\'t go over that.

BV,

A very smart man once said: \"Start with the end in mind\".

Figure out what exactly you are trying to get out of your excercise endeavors &amp; we can help tailor something that suits your needs.

B2C

hey guy,

Yes, out of mine expiriences i can say a 3 day work out / week\'s best.

Combine how you like:
    Monday:Chest / back
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wedneysday: Bi and Tri / shoulders
    Thursday: complete legs including: Leg bi, quaddriceps, and lower back part(s) of the leg.

I got good results last 2 years by doing nearby this plan.

ATM my plan is so ( want to try the plan of some guys of me.)
    Chest / bi
    Back / tri
    No legs - cause when i m going to train them, they re get to big [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] just cardio etc.

About stuff you want to take... seems to be a lot.
    Tribulus sure bring best results combined with much protein.
    The other supps i don t know very well, nery tried.

Crea.supps burden / implicate your kidney (watch out kreatinin value.)

Write something about you: weight, height, bodyfat, years of train etc. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

King of the coupons!

Mobley\'s thoughts in all caps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I\'ve been spending a lot of time over at bodybuilding.com I took Mobley\'s advice &amp; went on a shopping spree over at DPS Nutrition.com, this is what I got: SHOULD BE A LOT CHEAPER THAN MOST COMPANIES. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

NitroTech - 4lbs
    Muscle Milk - Chocolate &amp; Choc/Peanut Butter - 2 lbs. each
    Multi Pro32x - Multi-V (got this off the boards, one of the better Multi-V\'s for lifters)
    Tribex 500 - for Tribulus Terrestris!
    DiMaxx - Liquid Creatine

NICE SHOPPING LIST! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] THE ONLY THING YOU’RE MISSING IS GLUTAMINE...A MUST IN \"\"\"MOBLEY\'S\"\"\" OPINION! DIMAXX, TO ME, IS A GOOD DEAL, UNLIKE THE POWDER, IT DOESN’T CRYSTALIZE IN THE TUMMY. MAKE SURE YOU SHAKE IT WELL BEFORE TAKING IT, AND KEEP IT OUT OF THE SUN LIGHT.

LIKE MONES....YOU HAVE TO EXPERIMENT!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] BEFORE YOU START ANYTHING NEW...STEP ON THE SCALE AND WRITE IT DOWN. 30 DAYS SHOULD SHOW YOU SOMETHING. YOU MAY NOT NOTICE IT, BUT THE SCALE NEVER LIES! IT TAKES THE BODY 90 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR NATURAL TESTOSTERONE DROPS, AFTER THAT, UNLESS YOU’RE RISKING YOUR LIFE BY JUICING, IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME. IT’S LIKE PEOPLE WALKING FOR 35 MINUTES THINKING THAT THEY’RE DOING SOMETHING, NOT KNOWING THAT IT TAKES THE BODY 45 MINUTES TO KICK INTO ITS FAT RESERVES.

I WORK OUT MONDAY - TUESDAY, REST WEDNESDAY, TRAIN THURSDAY - FRIDAY, REST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THIS HAS GOTTEN ME BIGGER THAN I’VE EVER BEEN, ANNNNNND I’M ONLY TAKING PROTEIN, GLUTAMINE. GO FIGURE!! I TAKE 20 GRAMS OF PROTEIN + 5 GRAMS OF GLUTAMINE AT BREAKFAST, AN HOUR BEFORE TRAINING, 45 GRAMS IMMEDIATELY AFTER TRAINING, 20 GRAMS AND 5 GRAMS OF GLUTAMINE 45 MINUTES AFTER TRAINING, AND 20 GRAMS + 5 GRAMS OF GLUTAMINE AT BEDTIME.....ANNNNNND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER! AND I MEAN LOTS....NO LESS THAN A GALLON A DAY!!

Lift every other day, but my workouts are only lasting between 30-45 minutes &amp; then I am spent, is that long enough? DEPENDS ON YOUR TRAINING. Typical routine is:

Pre-workout Supps: (as soon as I wakeup) Multi-V, Tribex, bowl of cereal with 1% Milk, DiMaxx - 5mL

DO THAT FOR A MONTH (EXPERIMENTING), AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I WOULD TAKE MY VITAMINS AT BREAKFAST OR WITH MY LAST MEAL OF THE NIGHT. I TOOK MY DIMAXX AND TRIBULUS TOGETHER (WHEN I WAS TAKING TRIBEX) AS MY PREWORKOUT SUPPS.

Incline Bench - 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps YOU ONLY STIMULATED THE UPPER PECS. FLAT BENCH STIMULATES THE ENTIRE PEC.
    Squats - 3 sets (same reps through out)
    Shoulder Press - 3-4 sets
    Back - I use the pull down but I don\'t use the long bar, I use the hand grips that you would use for seated row - 4-5 sets
    Tricep \"rope\" standing pull down - 3 sets CHANGE
    ADD BARBELL CURLS

SEEMS LIKE YOU’RE DOING A FULL BODY WORKOUT. THAT TYPE OF WORKOUT SHOULD BE BUILT AROUND BASIC MOVEMENTS...BENCH PRESS, MILITARY PRESSES, SQUATS, PULLUPS OR PULL DOWNS (PULL UPS ARE BETTER) WITH LONG BAR!, BARBELL CURLS, AND FRENCH PRESSES (SKULLS CRUSHES).

Post-workout Supps: 16 ounces Skim Milk mixed with: 2 scoops Muscle Milk, 1 scoop NitroTech. POST WORKOUT SUPP IS THE ONLY TIME I LET THE EXTRA CALORIES COME IN TO PLAY (MUSCLE MILK), BUT WHAT I WOULD DO, SINCE THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PROTEIN WINDOW, IS.....YOUR 2 SCOOPS OF MMILK, AND 1 SCOOP OF NTECH IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR LAST REP, AND 45 MINUTES LATER, ANOTHER SCOOP OF NT.

Nighttime, Multi-V &amp; Tribexx, I\'m afraid to take Muscle Milk before bed, but that is recommended? BACK TO THE IMPORTANT PROTEIN WINDOWS...MORNING, POST WORKOUT, ANNNNNND BED TIME. I can\'t see how taking it with Skim Milk for 470 calories &amp; 18g of Fat before bedtime is going to help me get cut? What is the reasoning?? PROTEIN IN YOUR SYSTEM WHILE YOU SLEEP...FEEDING YOUR MUSCLE GROWTH.

On off workout days, 20 minutes of 90%+ Maximum Heartrate Cardio (need to do this now, been procrastinating). Take same supp\'s on non-workout days.

Make sense? Suggestions? KEEP A LOG OF YOUR WORKS! IF NOTHING CHANGES IN 30-60 DAYS...YOU NEED A TUNE UP CAUSE YOU\'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] IT AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE GO TO THE GYM FOR YEARS, AND DOESN\'T GROW ANY, NOR DO THEY BOTHER TO CHANGE THEIR ROUTINE. DUHHHHHH!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ANYWHO, HOPE SOMETHING HERE I\'VE TYPED HELPS. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] CHEERS! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Got a quarter on a bottle of wine I can borrow? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thread Information