Close

Phero Dude

Default Question about being arrested, and bailing out...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quick question guys.

A friend I know got arrested earlier today for shoplifting in a local store. She was taken down to the station, booked, and stuck in a cell. She is only 17, and her mom wont bail her out (her stepmom really. The lady is CRAZY and hates this girl). Can anyone over 18 bail her out? I want to get her out, and she doesn\'t really have anyone else she can turn to right now to do it.

If I say I\'m like her fionce or boyfriend or something, would they let me take responsibility for her and bail her or what would I have to do? Anyone know?

Thanks,
    Jon

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Question about being arrested, and bailing out

Where are you?

Phero Dude

Florida, Orlando area

[EDIT]

Hence... Orlando, FL in my location... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Here\'s a place to start - call a bail bondsman and ask them. Here are two numbers I got from a google search.

Chelsa\'s Bail Bond
    407-254-5004
    Advertises Free Bond Info

407-423-2000
    24 hour bail service

Default Re: Question about being arrested, and bailing out...

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Quick question guys.

A friend I know got arrested earlier today for shoplifting in a local store. She was taken down to the station, booked, and stuck in a cell. She is only 17, and her mom wont bail her out (her stepmom really. The lady is CRAZY and hates this girl). Can anyone over 18 bail her out? I want to get her out, and she doesn\'t really have anyone else she can turn to right now to do it.

If I say I\'m like her fionce or boyfriend or something, would they let me take responsibility for her and bail her or what would I have to do? Anyone know?

Thanks,
    Jon

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Good for the stepmother! If she got arrested for shoplifting, it\'s a good bet she did it. Let her stew for a few days, it may do her some good. Maybe she\'ll learn to not break the law. You\'d be wrong to bail her out even if you can. First you put yourself into the role of rescuer and every time she does something dumb you\'ll be called on to get her out of it again. Second, she\'ll learn nothing from the experience except that somebody else will get her out of trouble she caused. Third, you\'ll be interfering between a parent and a child and have no right to do so. Forth, once she is bailed out do you think she can go home and tell her parents that somebody else bailed her out? SO, where is she going to live until her day in court? With you?

Phero Guru

I don\'t know Belgareth: innocent until proven guilty? unconditional love? one night in jail may be as effective as many nights, I was in for one night for DWI many years ago and it cured me quick. Pelotudo, you have a good heart, is she out yet?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I don\'t know Belgareth: innocent until proven guilty? unconditional love? one night in jail may be as effective as many nights, I was in for one night for DWI many years ago and it cured me quick. Pelotudo, you have a good heart, is she out yet?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Maybe. But it still doesn\'t address the rest of the issues. Where is she going to stay? My answer wasn\'t totally against the girl.

Phero Guru

geez, if she were just a year older.

Phero Guru

she could earn her keep by doing our shopping for us. We need more shrimp here.

Phero Dude

The girls stepmother hates her. The woman is seriously not right in the head, and wont let her dad bail her out either. This is her first time ever being arrested too. She has a place to stay, with another friend, but the other friend can\'t bail her out cuz she\'s only 16.

Phero Guru

the old evil stepmother thing. How about her real Mom, can she get her out of the pokey?

Phero Dude

She passed away when the girl was 5

Phero Guru

you might try FTR\'s advice. Your friend is probably feeling pretty badly right now.

Thread Information