Close

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Default More Girlie Stuff

visit-red-300x50PNG
    FTR started one of these threads a while back and some of us got some really great tips from it. I think we can all thank CJ for telling us about CP Serum. That stuff is fantastic. What are some of the hair care/cosmetics/skin care products you are using now that you can\'t live without?

Default Re: More Girlie Stuff

I have fallen in love with a line of hair care products called \"Beyond the Zone.\" They are a cheap knock off of the TiGi Bedhead line, but for about 1/4 of the price. This is such a fun line of products.

I have created some of the sexiest hair styles with some of this crap. The demented goo is great for twisting rasta like curls into your hair which when loosened up make you look like you are ready to shoot a playboy centerfold. I call this hair style \"playboy\" hair. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have long, naturally curly hair, and I always wear it the same way. Now that I have started playing around with these products, I can create so many looks with my hair. The beach salt spray gives it a matte , wind swept look. The Sexy Styling Sauce gives you that day old, bed head look. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That\'s my tip of the day. These products can only be purchased at Sally\'s Beauty Supply Store. Do a search for \"Beyond the zone\" to see what products they have. http://www.sallybeauty.com/

**DONOTDELETE**

None of those products costs more than $5.00, unlike the original Tigi line, which is salon priced ... and these work just as well. I like the way they smell, too. At those prices, you can afford to experiment a little. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

The Sexy Styling Sauce gives you that day old, bed head look. >>> A beauty product to make you look like you haven\'t used a beauty product? Ok, now things have gotten out of hand....

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, gosh, we\'ve been doing that forever. It takes more work and more makeup to do a \"natural\" look than it does to do a glamourous one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

so it is kinda like \"heroin chic\", huh?

**DONOTDELETE**

One way to look at it.

Banned User

i was kidding about that. i know what you mean (look like you aren\'t wearing makeup type of deal). That i understand. It is the irony of a hair product that makes it look like your hair hasn\'t been washed that i was pointing out.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, yeah, I got that.

Is there a beauty product you\'re currently enthusiastic about?

Banned User

well i like \"back to basics\" holding paste. I dont know if you have heard of back to basics becuase i think they just make men\'s products, but it is the only thing i have ever found that can thicken my hair and give it hold without making it feel or look greesy, shiney or whatever. No one can tell that i have anything in it. People think i actualyl have great hair, when it is too thin.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    well i like \"back to basics\" holding paste. I dont know if you have heard of back to basics becuase i think they just make men\'s products

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Back to Basics is a very popular line for women. I didn\'t even know that they made products for guys.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Hair care products - I like Lóreal. I´ve started using that new one, even though it´s not aimed at my `age groups´ and I really like KMS products.
    Skinbios haircare prods aren´t bad either btw.

Elana thanks for posting this! I just spent about $50 at Sally\'s because I want to try so many of those Beyond the Zone products. The two I am most excited about are the Noodle Head (curling product) and Last Call (hair repair masque). I also bought Strip Search (de-gooing shampoo) and Busted (hemp hair conditioner)! Great names, btw. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I will let cha know how they work for me.

I tried and really liked the L\'Oreal Couleur Experte - the new double size red box L\'Oreal. It\'s basically hair color and highlights in one box (two processes). I think I used the Caramel Truffle one, or some name like that, and it came out great, without excessive drying. I have used other highlighters that fried my hair, so this was good. And you apply the highlighter with something that looks like a large mascara wand, none of those turbans-with-holes-in-them crap. The only drawback, they\'re selling it for like $18-21 a box. Dayum, am I worth that? LOL Well, it\'s still beats $120 at the salon (or whatever).

Oh PS I also like the Neutrogena Instant Bronzer for the Face - light colored, it goes on even and looks very natural, you\'re not looking like George Hamilton or anything, just a little brighter and healthier. $10 a 2 oz tube.

Let\'s keep this going! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am a sunless tanning junkie. My two favorites are Clinique Dark and Paula\'s Choice. The best bronzer that I have discovered is Ben Nye. This is found at costume shops and online. It is very inexpensive and looks so natural on.

Enticing- Did you get the goo?
    The two I am most excited about are the Noodle Head (curling product)

Noodle Head is a new product. Please give us a review as soon as you try it

**DONOTDELETE**

I am almost through a bottle of \"Busted\" shampoo and have been using \"Stoked\" conditioner after, with \"Split Decision\" for styling and \"Frizz Zapper\" for finishing. I\'ve been using \"Last Call\" for deep conditioning once a week. I\'m really happy with all those products, and I bought the whole lot for about $20.00. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Can\'t beat that.

Gettin Creamed is great to run through your hair when you are finished styling. Try everything. It\'s so cheap! They often have buy this get this free with BTZ products.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

`getting creamed´ which type of hair is this meant to be used for ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJ

I have thick hair. I think it would work on any hair, but I don\'t think this line of products is available for you, my foreign, bi wanna be friend. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

&lt;&lt;&lt;getting creamed&gt;&gt;&gt; Women will actually buy that? Or is my mind just in the gutter?

Most of the product names have sexual connotations. Why wouldn\'t we buy it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

I could think of quite a few women that I know that wouldn\'t like the name \"getting creamed\". Just figured products for females would use more empowering sexual ineuendos. something more empowering. I would think you wouldn\'t like that theme -- i.e. sex involves a man imposing will, woman being passive. After all, you yelled at me for using that one term.....well I know a feminist would see my point.

After all, you yelled at me for using that one term.....well I know a feminist would see my point.

They won\'t sell this product to feminists. They post a huge sign by the products that warns people of that.

Banned User

lol...oh is this in just one shop or something. I thought it was like in CVS [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lol...oh is this in just one shop or something. I thought it was like in CVS [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yes, even CVS has the sign posted

Yup, Elana got the goo, and sample sizes of both the Super Sexy Styling Sauce and the Frizz Zapper. The only buy this get that free offer today was some beach thing to bleach your hair like you\'ve been in the sun then you get one of those wild gel colors free, like blue or green. (That\'s a little more radical than I need. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

I just love the Super Sexy Styling Sauce.
    I hope you love this junk as much as I do. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Flasher spray is really great for instant shine.

Phero Dude

Default Bare Escentuals

I don\'t know if you guys have heard of mineral makeup, but I use a line called Bare Escentuals. There are no added chemicals (to keep it \"pressed\" or colored), and many dermatologists are now recommending mineral makeup to women with rosacea or sensitive skin because of this. It\'s incredibly versatile as far as color and coverage- it covers like a liquid but it doesn\'t *feel* like a liquid (more like a nekkid face [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and you can mix the foundation shades (BE has about 10 to choose from) if none of them suit you exactly, and since all the eye and face colors are \"loose\" they last forever and can be used wet or dry. The foundations have a natural SPF of 15, and all the colors can be used for pretty much any purpose you choose (i.e. an \"eyeshadow\" can be a blush or a lip color if you dip a chapstick in it, same for the \"face\" and \"cheek\" colors). BE has a huge color selection too, and *those* can also be mixed to get whatever shade you desire. I could go on and on, but the best part is how it looks on your face. It gives you that dewy \"glow\" (I\'d almost say like the J.Lo glow, but it doesn\'t have to be that intense if you don\'t want it to be), and works wonders on controlling oiliness.

I\'ve been using BE for about 9 months now and I\'ve seen a dramatic improvement in my skin (and my makeup application techniques! LOL! It sort of forces you to get good at applying makeup). I will never go back to traditional makeup. This stuff is rather expensive to start out, but it takes a long time to run out of it (1 pot costs $25 but lasts anywhere from 3-9 months, sometimes longer, depending on how much coverage you want). Bare Escentuals does not sell their products in department stores, but they do have boutiques (mostly in California) and they sell it online at places like QVC and dermstore.com. If you\'re familiar with QVC, here\'s a statistic for you... BE\'s May TSV sold more units *PRE-SHOW* than any other TSV in the history of QVC- this line has a *huge* following. If you\'re interested in samples, you can get them for the cost of shipping from the boutiques ($6.20), and they\'ll send you up to 6.

Anyway, that\'s my spiel! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If you\'re interested, I\'ll be glad to tell you more. You can check it out online at...

http://www.bareescentuals.com/
    and
    http://www.bareminerals.com/

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Bare Escentuals

I have seen that on QVC and wondered about it. Maybe I\'ll check that out next. I am still on the quest for the perfect foundation. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Can it go matte, or is it all toward dewy ... does all the makeup have mica in it so there\'s sheen?

Default More Girlie Stuff

I have never tried Bare Essentials, but read great reviews from www.Makeupalley.com

I am intrigued. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information