Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    **DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Playboy hair

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Japanese straightening is a salon process, chemical straightening, that is forever, and your hair turns out straight like a Japanese woman\'s. The thought of the luxury of that near swoons me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It just seems like it would be so much less upkeep.

Although I\'ve heard it\'s hell on maintenance, because, of course, your hair\'s still growing back out curly, so you look kind of like a demented poodle dog, with those curly roots. ...

Does anyone here have any experience with any kind of chemical straightening?

Does you look good with your hair straight like that?

It would be really bad if you got it done and it didn\'t suit you.

**DONOTDELETE**

No, actually. It would be great for summer, though - you could do just a low ponytail at the nape of the neck with a nice wrap ... and I was thinking it might be easier to go from straight to curly, i.e., put a couple of rollers in at the crown -- I don\'t look good with my hair flat on the top of my head.

I dunno. I\'m beginning to think Sinead had the right idea. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m gonna try the noodle rollars and goop. I\'ve got another year yet before the top layers grow out enough to let me do much in the way of restraining it without bobbypins and barettes, and I can\'t STAND hardware in my head. Can you? I do pretty stuff with it and then by noon I\'ve ripped it all out.

I have a close relative that got that done. She liked it at first (liked not loved) but then went back to her natural hair. It works NOTHING like the pictures show. Her hairdresser told her after the fact that many clients are very unhappy with the results because they expect so much more. The online pictures and videos apparently are not a true representation of what you should expect. She paid over $500.00 to have it done.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    No, actually. It would be great for summer, though - you could do just a low ponytail at the nape of the neck with a nice wrap ... and I was thinking it might be easier to go from straight to curly, i.e., put a couple of rollars in at the crown -- I don\'t look good with my hair flat on the top of my head.

I dunno. I\'m beginning to think Sinead had the right idea. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m gonna try the noodle rollars and goop. I\'ve got another year yet before the top layers grow out enough to let me do much in the way of restraining it without bobbypins and barettes, and I can\'t STAND hardware in my head. Can you? I do pretty stuff with it and then by noon I\'ve ripped it all out.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I don\'t look good with a \"flat top\" either.
    I\'m wondering if you CAN roll your hair after you get the Japanese straightening. If it makes it permanently straight, would it hold curl still?
    No, I don\'t like a lot of mechanics in my hair. They feel funny. And most of the time I\'ve got so much damned hair that I either have to use 100 pins, or the barrettes won\'t hold it all and slip down after a while--and out it all comes.
    I braid my hair, put it back with a clip, put it up in a ponytail, or just curl it a little around the ends. I don\'t like spending a lot of time on it, because I know I\'ll just mess it up eventually. It doesn\'t mind me anyway. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Straight hair is so not me. It doesn\'t suit my personality. I love big bouncy loose curls. I never wear stuff in my hair.

Mine grows forward a bit, so it\'s always in my face if I don\'t put it back or behind my ears.

**DONOTDELETE**

I love big bouncy curls, too, and that\'s how I wear my hair - but that requires straightening it on 2.5 - 3 inch rollers if not with the blowdryer and a paddle brush. My hair is almost as curly as a black woman\'s. It falls in tight ringlets when I don\'t straighten it and there\'s so much of it it\'s nearly an afro.

how bout a little afro-sheen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nah, Afro-Sheen if actually tanning lotion. Didn\'t you know? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s practically what \"Frizz Buster\" is. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

Well, I certainly had an interesting experience today at Sally\'s. Think I got my first obvious hit there, but I\'ll start a new thread for that in a minute. Okay, so I bought the Demented Goo, Super Sexy Sauce, and the Beach Head spray. Next trip I\'ll probably get a no-frizz product, the root lifter, and the shine spray. This stuff is too much fun! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Alright, now before I try this look (playboy hair), I want to make sure I have a clear picture of the procedure. So you seperate the hair into strips, apply the goo, then curl and wait. After a couple hours, you take out the rollers, and manipulate the curl with your fingers. I have relatively long, naturally wavy/curly (wavy in places and curly in places) hair, so would it be a good idea to straighten it before using the goo and rollers or does it matter? Once the rollers are out- I assume it\'s going to be really curly at that point- how much can you relax the curl with your fingers? You don\'t have any problems seperating the curls? If you used 10 rollers for your entire head, then you probably didn\'t have little tiny sections, I\'m guessing. I\'m wondering how much section size will affect the tightness of the resulting curl (bigger sections resulting in looser curls, etc).

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to explaion this. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Some of that last part is speculation, so don\'t feel obligated to answer it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I didn\'t want anyone to think I was ignoring DVK. I answered her by PM.

Don\'t hate me because my hair looks amazing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I went boating today and my curls still looked beautiful. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok, I found something yesterday at the local WM. It\'s by all the tangerinetherapy stuff, and looks similar. It\'s called Green Tea Energy Moisturizing Body Spray by simplyme. It\'s a combo of mandarin orange, Japanese green teas, and freesia petals.
    It\'s a fresh, green smell. I really like it. I think it\'d be great for summer. Haven\'t asked for opinions on it, but I\'ll do that this week.

Just thought I\'d share. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    It\'s a combo of mandarin orange, Japanese green teas, and freesia petals.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That sounds yummy. I\'ll check it out.

Phero Dude

Alright, help me out here ladies- I know I\'m not the only one!...

I\'ve been wearing a lot of black lately (tanks), so whenever I have them on for over 5 minutes I end up with that white residue under the arms of the shirt. Anybody got any recommendations for good antipersperant deodorant that leaves no residue (goes on clear), has no scent (I don\'t like to use scented ones- they compete with my perfume and lotion), and works *WELL*? So far I\'ve used...

Sure Gel (New!), Unscented:
    Works ok as far as not leaving *too* much residue, but it\'s still noticeable. My main complaint with this one is that it doesn\'t work very well for controlling odor.

Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry:
    SAYS it leaves \"no white residue!\" but iot *DOES*. Worked ok for odors.

Dove Invisible Solid:
    \"Outstanding protection that goes on clear!\" but not so much. Leaves a residue. Although this one worked the best of the three as far as controlling odor.

Any and all suggestions welcome! I\'m taking a trip to nice hot Arizona next week (Sedona, Grand Canyon, etc), and I want a product that is going to keep me dry (without smelling like BO) and won\'t leave any white on my black tanks! TIA!! :-D

**DONOTDELETE**

I swear by Mitchum -- So Effective You Could Skip A Day tm Unscented Clear Gel. It really really does work, even on days when I\'m hefting files and running up and down halls and \"stinkin\' and sweatin\'\" as we say in the patent secretary business. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And no white residue. My mom discovered it when we lived in Puerto Rico and I\'ve used it since I was 13 - with occasional curiosity breaks to try new stuff that comes out - nothing else even begins to compare. The packaging is not sexy - I think they think that only men buy the unscented - but it WORKS.

Phero Dude

Hmmm... Sounds promising. I saw some of those at Target but they didn\'t have any unscented. I\'ll have to go on a hunt now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**

If you don\'t find it, let me know and I\'ll send you some at least so you\'ll have it for the trip. I get it at Giant.

Phero Dude

Hey, thanks FTR! I\'ll let you know if I can\'t find any! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

Mitchum... the best anti-perspirent I\'ve ever used.

The past few years though it started reacting with my glands or something. Weird. SO hardly use it now.
    The unscented is the one I\'ll occasionly use with pheros [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

www.drugstore.com has it too

**DONOTDELETE**

DOH!

That\'ll work. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

Default Re: More Girlie Stuff

Clinique has a good hair product: Healthy Shine Serum

Since blonde hair isn\'t reflective and doesn\'t shine much, I need help. I love this stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread Information