Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Default Re: More Girlie Stuff

visit-red-300x50PNG
    w00T W00T

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    w00T W00T

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Want me to give you the Playboy hairstyle?

w00T W00T

Want me to give you the Playboy hairstyle?

Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Preparation H is for BAGS under your eyes, because it reduces swelling.

It doesn\'t do anything for dark circles.

I have both [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?!

Why not? I certainly don\'t need them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Depends...Can I borrow a push-up bra?!

Why not? I certainly don\'t need them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I knew that.....I was just testing you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Enticing, do you have any problems with frizz in humidity? I\'ve been looking like the bride of Frankenstein - it has rained here every single day but one for a month, we\'re all going nuts - bad for temperament but worse for hair, and I can\'t find anything that keeps it from bushing when it\'s humid. Do you think the noodle stuff would work?

Oh, the emu oil is at skinbiology, too. CP Serum and Emu oil is his sort of default recommendation, like we say PCC and PI/w for newbies.

Renee- I have a bad problem with humitity. It is about as humid in South Florida as it can get now. This hair style (because of the products) is holding up beautifully. When I am not out, I keep it up ontop of my head, so the curls stay scrunched.

**DONOTDELETE**

Tell me again what you\'re using?

No lazy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Read my reply to Enticing a few posts up.

**DONOTDELETE**

Will do - sorry, just woke up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Enticing, do you have any problems with frizz in humidity? I\'ve been looking like the bride of Frankenstein - it has rained here every single day but one for a month, we\'re all going nuts - bad for temperament but worse for hair, and I can\'t find anything that keeps it from bushing when it\'s humid. Do you think the noodle stuff would work?

Oh, the emu oil is at skinbiology, too. CP Serum and Emu oil is his sort of default recommendation, like we say PCC and PI/w for newbies.

Here\'s my secret formula for frizzy reduction. Ready, are you paying attention. Here it comes. Pantene pro vitamin formula conditioner.

I know what you\'re saying...\"That won\'t work!..What a dumbass\"!!! But wait, the secret is: ssssh, this is just between us girls. It\'s not a leave in conditioner, but I leave it in anyway. (I discussed this with my hair babe and she says it\'s ok). Leaves my hair soft and manageable. (the girls can\'t keep their hands off of it)(my hair that is) I laugh at humidity. I have to be careful how much I use cause it can go limp.(my hair that is).

Well, That\'s my secret. Don\'t hate me because I\'m beautiful!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, That\'s my secret. Don\'t hate me because I\'m beautiful!!!

I try not too, but I just can\'t help it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I use Pantene conditioner by the handfuls. I\'ll try that. Thanks.

I used to use Exit\'s trick with Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner. I remember it worked OK.

King of the coupons!

Preparation H is for BAGS under your eyes, because it reduces swelling.

It doesn\'t do anything for dark circles.

I have both [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Doesn\'t the dark ring have something to do with blood? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I\'ve seen a lot of people with the dark ring around the eyes look...seems like the Exit is just stuck. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Got toe nail clippers I can borrow? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] You gellin? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

There´s two different types of emu oil at skinbio.

Ok. Today I used the root lifter (Power Lift), maybe a little too much, like in 5-6 sections, because looked a bit greasy at the roots. Didn\'t feel greasy, just looked like it was wet all day. Then used about a dime or more of Frizz Control gel, applied to the ends, scruched and dried. I love how together and soft the ends feel, but was unhappy with the roots. I tried to do one of those rasta curl things, Elana, but used a real thin section of hair, will try to do a bigger chunk next time.

FTR I think the Noodle thing might help with humidity problems, but doesn\'t the frizz control product also do that? My tube of Noolde Head was $4.99, maybe it\'s worth a try for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Elana I am glad to mentioned the \'managability factor\' when talking about products in your hair. I mean, who can\'t use a sh1tload of mousse in your hair, and have it be curly... but the minute you guy touches it, tries to run his hands thru it - ack! It\'s like crispy critter hair. (I don\'t like that)

And speaking of conditioner tricks, occasionally I have applied the conditioner first and THEN shampoo lightly. It seems to work somehow for me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That\'s strange about the Power Life making your roots look greasy. I have used so much of the stuff at once, and never had any sign of greasiness. Did you air dry it or use your blow drier? I never air dry my hair. I always dry with a diffuser. I just want to know what you did differently that I do.

I worked the root lifter through the roots and then applied reg straight blowdryer for about 5 min. (Aiming at the roots). I was pinched for time and let it air dry the rest of the way. It wasn\'t so much greasy, as it was you know - looked like I\'d gopped on a bunch of mousse. Ya know - like dirty hair. Maybe I didn\'t give it enough blowdryer time.

I guess I need to get a diffuser. I don\'t usually dry my hair all the way dry with a blowdryer. Do you have a diffuser adapter, or a whole separate diffuser-dryer?

Phero Dude

Default Playboy hair

Ha! Let\'s see how many guys *that* brings over here! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey Elana, would you mind explaining your technique for the playboy hair? I\'d really like to try that, but after going to the Sally\'s site and seeing that the Demented Stylin\' Goo comes in a little pot, I have no idea how to work with this stuff!

Thanks!!

Default Re: Playboy hair

I applied the root lifter to my roots, then some Styling Sauce with a tiny bit of the Frizz Zapper. Then I scrunched and dried as usual. When my hair was dry, I took strips of hair, applied the goo and rolled up sections. I just hung out with the thingies in my hair for a few hours, when I took them out it was SUPER curly, but it was so easy to manipulate. The curl lasts so beautifully.

This is what I wrote to Enticing a few posts back. I think that the Frizz zapper and power lifter (the root lifter) are optional.

Last night I used way too much Sexy Sauce, Frizz Zapper and Goo. While it came out looking beautiful, it feels a bit odd. I think that mixing some Noodle Head and Sexy Styling Sauce and applying before blow drying would be the perfect combo. The Noodle head to make it even curlier and the Sauce to give the sexy second day look.

You only need a teeny bit of goo. Experiment with how little you can use to get away with. I love how the curl will last for days. I went an extra day the other day to see how it would look. The weather has been horrible. It\'s been raining and obviously very humid. My hair is still looking amazing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW the rollers I am using are those bendable, thin, rollers. I am brand new to the rollers scene so I don\'t know what they are called. If you don\'t know what I am talking about let me know and I\'ll post a link.

DVK- If I am not answering what you are looking for, keep asking. I want you all to get what I am getting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Alright! I give in! Y\'all make this stuff sound way too cool. I\'m going by a Sally store (I think) next weekend, and I\'m gonna pick up some stuff while I\'m there. Dammit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It\'s a really fun line of products and it is so inexpensive for such quality. I have used use a bunch of their stuff. Just join in the BTZ fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] It\'s so versatile.

You can read reviews for Beyond the Zone on makeupalley.com

The reviews are listed under TiGi

**DONOTDELETE**

Pfffft. I\'m thinking about Japanese straightening. I go for a slightly touseled Breck Girl look, actually. It\'s got to have touch appeal, look and feel soft, and he has to be able to run his fingers through it repeatedly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But ... got pics?

That look will require my buying not only styling products but a diffuser and noodly curlers...

That look will require my buying not only styling products but a diffuser and noodly curlers...

The diffuser wouldn\'t matter, because the hair really gets its curl from the goo/noodly curlers. The noodly curlers are only like $7.00 for a pack of 10 and that\'s all I used.

What is this Japanese straightening? If it is what I think it is, I have a relative that got it done. What is another name for it? If it is the same product, I\'ll tell you her review.

Wait. The BTZ products make your hair really stiff? I dunno about that then. I also like a guy (and me) to be able to run his fingers through it. I like lots of loose curls, but my hair is heavy, and they come out during the day if I don\'t use something.

So far I\'ve been using Matrix Essentials Styling Glaze (that bottle has lasted 6 months) and Physique Curl Creator gel. I just put on after I towel-dry my hair, and scrunch. I don\'t like a dryer--makes my hair too dry after a while. But if you continue to scrunch occasionally for an hour or two after you put it in, your hair won\'t be crunchy anymore--just feel bouncy and soft. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have naturally wavy hair. I have to work to keep curls in all day (although it will be wavy all day), or dry it with a blowdryer to get it straight.

The Stuff doesn\'t make my hair crunchy at all.
    The salt spray and sex wax did make it too matte and stiff for my taste. The other stuff, you can\'t use too much or it could give you a strange, waxy feeling. I made that mistake last night. I really over did the products and today it looks great but feels....I guess waxy is a good work to describe it.

Hmmmm, what exactly does \"Playboy Hair\" look like? I\'ve got an idea, but I\'m not sure it\'s right.

Anybody got a pic? Or somewhere I could go look?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information