Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: I demand proper acknowledgement, MONKEYS!!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hey, have you gotten the Double Your Dating advanced series?

the \"women are creatures of paradox\" is mentioned in it.

Phero Dude

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    DrS: Women do a lot of what they do for unconscious, or partly conscious reasons. (Of course, the women here understand exactly why they do everything , and are exceptions. They do know more about their behavior, as they are probably more experienced than the average.)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

We never claimed that we know the reason for every single thing we do. We\'re simply saying that, *being* women, we understand us better than you men do. There\'s nothing rude about that, nor is it an illogical statement. *Men* obviously understand each other better than we do, so cut us some slack here. When you start spouting all the ways you have relationships with women (or how many you\'ve \"laid\") as validation for your *opinion*, it only serves to reinforce what I just said up there. That\'s ridiculous. No matter how many women you know, you will not truly understand us until you stop *thinking* like a man...

FTR: This is why I think SV is guy-think imposed on girl behavior. It feels so right to the guys that it\'s hard to understand it\'s not how women operate.

Yes. Exactly.

DrS: SV is a factor. It legitimizes the man in a women\'s eyes. Lends trust. If people think it makes women want to lay you or cheat, that\'s different, But being taken is a different factor, as I said before.

FTR: Married men are more comfortable to be around because they know women better. They\'re not afraid of us, they act more natural, etc.

I think we\'re all in agreement on this. Married men, or men who are \"taken\" are *safe*. We feel that we can trust them, open up to them, without risking a come on or without risking getting personally involved with them. We can actually *be* FRIENDS with them. Now a lot of men take this attention, this comfort, to mean that we are socially validating them, and I agree that this may be the way it appears from a distance.

This stuff about, \"Oh I only am interested in men that will be caring, sensitive, nice, and good listeners.\" Umm Hmm... I went on that assumption beginning as a junior in high school, through my early 20\'s, before I started hooking up. You can believe that about yourselves, and about other women. You don\'t have to try and pick them up. I\'ll go with the good listener one to a degree, but it\'s far better to listen under the words you hear than just to a women\'s words.

Hey, sometimes we\'re just looking for a good f*ck too. But I think what you said up there is misleading to the other men who may be reading this. It implied that caring, sensitive, nice, good listeners aren\'t *really* what we want- obviously we always want the player right? The one who\'s always surrounded by a cloud of women and has 100 notches in his bedpost? *Sometimes*, yes, that\'s what we want. No strings attached. Experience. So in that respect, SV is applicable. But you can\'t make that a blanket statement. You cannot say that because SV seems to apply under those circumstances, it applies all the time. We *do* want the nice guys, and not to just stand around and look at. But that\'s where it becomes a matter of trust. We can *trust* the \"nice\" guy not to hurt us a whole lot more than we can trust the player. Trust is the foundation of a good relationship, so why would we ever go into something like that without it??

The bottom line is, we\'re talking about two different things here. Men often say, there are women you date and then there are women you marry. Well reverse that and think about how it applies to us. We\'ll f*ck the player, but the man we really want is the one we trust. So when you\'re talking about SV, let\'s try not to make it a general statement. Give us a little more credit than that. Yes, PLEASE, *do* listen under the words you hear. Think with your brain and not with your dick. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Women and Men are never supposed to understand eachother, we know this world only by what we see and feel, what neurological signals are sent to us we see as normal. Even in this argument I doubt a middle ground will be reached, besides that\'s what keeps procreation up and non-attraction down.

**DONOTDELETE**

\"No matter how many women you know, you will not truly understand us until you stop *thinking* like a man...\"

Yes.
    But we\'re asking too much.

And it\'s SO clear they know everything about us, more than we could ever know about ourselves. Whitehall\'s laid 100 whole women. My gosh, that alone makes him an expert.

C\'mon, DVK, let\'s go get a drink. TGIF and f*ck \'em.

SOCIAL VALIDATE DAT!!!

P.S. I nominate DrSmellThis for my new Soup Boy.

BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG

Banned User

No matter how many women you know, you will not truly understand us until you stop *thinking* like a man...

Yes.
    But we\'re asking too much.

And it\'s SO clear they know everything about us, more than we could ever know about ourselves. Whitehall\'s laid 100 whole women. My gosh, that alone makes him an expert.

C\'mon, DVK, let\'s go get a drink. TGIF and [bad word] \'em.

SOCIAL VALIDATE DAT!!!
    ==================

Ahhh come on... women make assumptions on guys everyday, they (women) think they got us down too. No one every wants to feel that someone has them figured out, but with what is usually posted by many of the more aware and intelligent guys comes out to be true. Most do not make these things up because they are thinking like a man....it\'s observed and practiced. If someone says something like most girls like this or that, and a girl comes out and says No, not me... you don\'t know what you are talking about etc... It doesn\'t take away from the theory and at the same time it doesn\'t pertain to all women.

Many women are at different stages of their lives, different mindsets, different sex drives and not everything is going to hit dead on but I assume on the guys part being more specific on what type of girls and such would be a good thing.

Default Correction

Whitehall\'s laid 100 whole women. That alone makes him an expert. - FTR

The number DST offered is valid only if we count the female quad amputees as \"whole women.\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The fact is that the hunter HAS to know his prey\'s behavior better than the prey knows itself, otherwise the hunter goes hungry.

The real education has come from living with women, as I have for 32 of the last 35 years. (BTW- DST\'s estimate is about twice mine.) While women\'s good qualities make the difference between civilization and chaos, they are creatures of illusion and delusion. Their rational minds are very enslaved to their emotional needs and a smart woman who is well-integrated and well balanced between reason and emotion is difficult to find.

I suggest one test for the women who object to our observations about female behavior: do you believe that observant women will often know more about how men really behave than most men would? So if a woman said \"men act so-and-so,\" I\'d give them more credence than the women participants in this thread seem willing to allow men observing female behavior.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Correction

Do you believe that observant women will often know more about how men really behave than most men would?
    So if a woman said \"men act so-and-so,\" I\'d give them more credence than the women participants in this thread seem willing to allow men observing female behavior.

I do believe that and I have in many cases predicted EXACTLY what a man will do in a given situation. Goddess can tell you that. To a degree that was uncanny, like I was prescient.

Men are easy to figure out.

But you really don\'t think like us at all. Your remarks about the way our minds work reveal that -- plus condescension and misogyny. You consistently speak of women as intellectually inferior. THAT in itself, I believe, leads you to errors in judgment regarding how you interact with women. You\'re training up yourself a Whitehall, Jr., too, in Tallmacky, and I don\'t like to see that.

But whatever. Look, Whitehall. You\'re not bad looking, you appear to be fairly affluent, you dress well, you smell good, you drive a decent car, you speak good English and can carry on a conversation. Women go out to bars to ... play chess? No, get laid. I would probably let you take me home for the night. I would imagine you score pretty well in a bar.

As far as long term happiness in relationships ... well ... you tell me. How\'s that going?

Social validation - yeah, if I see a guy who appears to have some friends including females, I am more likely to relax around him than if I see a guy out by himself or hanging with a group of other guys. I am more likely to be comfortable trying to be friends with a married guy than with a single guy, because, ostensibly at least, he\'s not hitting on me so I can relax.

But to go from that to \"wearing copulins makes you attractive to women *because women only like you if other women like you* and I know this because I\'ve [bad word] a bunch of women* is a LEAP, and not in the right direction.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(are we having fun yet?)

P.S., and this really astounds me. DVK\'s not stupid, I\'m not stupid, Elana\'s not stupid, Lucky\'s not stupid ... there are all these women on the forum who are not stupid -- what a coincidence ... how did that come about, when the female mind is so weak and easily overcome by emotion?

Maybe you just pick stupid women because it pleases you to be smarter than.

That does not mean the rap you\'re laying down about what women are is correct. Or a good example for the young guys.

Phero Dude

Well, Whitehall, you *obviously* know women. I\'ll just take my illusional, emotionally enslaved little brain out of this discussion and leave it to you, oh master of the female mind, to educate the other men on the perils of trying to have a civilized conversation with a lowly woman. Gee, I sure hope *I* can be one of those smart women some day! &lt;swooning&gt; Now you must excuse me, while I prepare for afternoon tea.

Banned User

Well, Whitehall, you *obviously* know women. I\'ll just take my illusional, emotionally enslaved little brain out of this discussion and leave it to you, oh master of the female mind, to educate the other men on the perils of trying to have a civilized conversation with a lowly woman. Gee, I sure hope *I* can be one of those smart women some day! &lt;swooning&gt; Now you must excuse me, while I prepare for afternoon tea.

I think Whitehall deserves more respect than that, I have read Whitehall\'s post in the past and have loved them, not because he agrees with me(in some cases not all), but because he gives it to you straight without spinning the situation or trying to get ones own feelings out there just for the sake of it.

When the guys are talking about how and why a girl reacted to this and that I only see one maybe two women that object no matter what it is, it could be something very blunt and obvious and I will see a disagreement. If one wants to preseve this or that as a common truth (not absolute) then why not, if they read the situation and it seems that it fits. I don\'t think it matters what a guy says about women on here, he is always going to meet a wall.

It\'s not that we know \"how\" women think so much as we know how women behave. Personally, I, a brave man, shrink from the horrors of trying to \"think like a woman\" - really, it scares me!

A theory is only as good as the predictions it correctly makes. That showing up in a social situation with a woman on your arm who treats you like she respects and approves of you will increase the opinion that other women form of you is true has been clearly demonstrated to many men of experience. It meets the test.

Whether reeking of copulins will provide the same social evidence as having a solicitious female on you arm remains to be tested adequately. It\'s an hypothesis; trying it in the field is the experiment - the theory will stand or fall on the evidence.

It\'s called the scientific method.

Enlightened One

Do i dare wonder into this potential flamming discussion. Nope hold my fire, good boy watcher.

**DONOTDELETE**

\"I don\'t think it matters what a guy says about women on here, he is always going to meet a wall.\"

That\'s not true. There have been many times when we\'ve taught each other things about the opposite sex, and there\'s still good information to share.
    The guys get all touchy and bitchy if you make an argument against one of their pet theories though, and there are MANY men here who have a very low opinion of women, and Whitehall has proven over time to be one of them.

Women don\'t behave any worse than men do and I\'m tired of crying over how badly you\'ve been mistreated by the feminists and the pms-ing harridans and the whatever insult of the day you throw out there.

Your scientific method appears to me to be a case of the Scientist and the Jumping Frog. Scientist commands the frog to jump, and the frog jumps 1 foot, Scientist writes down \"Frog with four legs jumps 1 foot.\" He cuts off one leg and tells the frog to jump. The frog jumps a lesser distance and Scientist writes down, frog with three legs jumps 3/4 foot, etc., until the Scientist has cut off all the frog\'s legs. At which point he tells the frog to jump, and the frog just sits there. Whereupon Scientist writes down \"Frog with no legs can\'t hear.\"

A theory is only as good as the predictions it correctly makes. That showing up in a social situation with a woman on your arm who treats you like she respects and approves of you will increase the opinion that other women form of you is true has been clearly demonstrated to many men of experience. It meets the test.

THIS I agree with. If I see a woman with a man she seems to respect, I won\'t toss him in the \"sleazebag\" section of my mind automatically. However, the ONLY thing it does is say she thinks he\'s worthy of respect, or that she likes the guy, and that if given the opportunity, I *may* also like him/find him worthy of respect.
    It does NOT make me think I should be sexually attracted to him. But I\'m also not one to care what the world thinks about who I date. Maybe if I was out for social status due to who I was dating, I might care, but personally I\'d rather enjoy the guy than have a miserable time but be with a so-called \"great\" guy. Makes no sense to me.

My two cents.

**DONOTDELETE**

\"The fact is that the hunter HAS to know his prey\'s behavior better than the prey knows itself, otherwise the hunter goes hungry.\"

You think WE\'RE the prey??

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default You mis-quote me, Madam

FTR,

I do respect women, deeply, and I think you grossly mis-represent my position. I don\'t respect women who fantasize they are the same as men when we all agree that men and women think and act differently - that is the root of the feminist delusion. However, I don\'t respect ALL woman just as I don\'t respect all men.

Your problem, if I may sink to your depths and bring personal issues into the discussion, is that I sometimes state truths and opinions that you find personally uncomfortable. Rather than looking at yourself realistically, or at least graciously sitting silent, you lash out with bitterness and vindictive at those who dare to remind you of your inadequacies, insecurities, and personal failures. I\'ve lost most of the respect I had for you, especially in the last few months.

Since you repeatedly insist on bringing my private life into the discussion, I will state that my dissatisfaction with my wife is largely because she acts like YOU in many ways - she\'s another bright, feminist Sagittarian - under-sexed where you are over-sexed - but just as self-deluding and self-involved.

And yes, I am very intelligent and reasonably successful, both in the wider world and with women. Most women I\'ve known hold me in high regard and I them. Women like you I\'ve learned to steer clear of and would recommend young men learn to do the same as soon as possible.

Women of sound mind and good character are the most valuable members of the human race, and you, Madam, are neither.

Default Re: You mis-quote me, Madam

Since you repeatedly insist on bringing my private life into the discussion, I will state that my dissatisfaction with my wife is largely because she acts like YOU in many ways - she\'s another bright, feminist Sagittarian - under-sexed where you are over-sexed - but just as self-deluding and self-involved.

How in the hell are we married to the same woman!?!?! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

B2C

**DONOTDELETE**

Whitehall, you\'re a pompous ass and you make woman after woman miserable, and yourself in the bargain.

I have not misquoted you - I have blocked and copied your exact language.

\"I sometimes state truths and opinions that you find personally uncomfortable\" - yes, because they\'re Victorian, not adaptive, insulting, and set a bad example.

There is nothing wrong with my mind and nothing wrong with my character.

You\'re mad at me because I don\'t agree with everything you say. I can\'t. So there\'s an end to it.

Banned User

masterful post whitehall, one delusion of feminism is trying to make us the same, very true I even see some girls try to act a certain way that even they know is unnatural, I don\'t want to go off subject, just saying good post. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

\"I don\'t respect women who fantasize they are the same as men when we all agree that men and women think and act differently - that is the root of the feminist delusion.\"

NO ONE here said that. None of the women here said that. We said, in fact, the opposite. We suggested that you are so biased in favor of the way men think, and so unable to adopt the perspective of a woman, that you superimpose guy-think on women\'s actions when it does not apply.

...case of the Scientist and the Jumping Frog. Scientist commands the frog to jump, and the frog jumps 1 foot, Scientist writes down \"Frog with four legs jumps 1 foot.\" He cuts off one leg and tells the frog to jump. The frog jumps a lesser distance and Scientist writes down, frog with three legs jumps 3/4 foot, etc., until the Scientist has cut off all the frog\'s legs. At which point he tells the frog to jump, and the frog just sits there. Whereupon Scientist writes down \"Frog with no legs can\'t hear.\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Hey FTR [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

How did you get a copy of my thesis? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s the one I was your research assistant on.

I had to cook up the frog legs, remember?

That\'s the one I was your research assistant on.

I had to cook up the frog legs, remember?

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh...research assistant...riiiiiigggggghhhhht...yeah, that\'s what we\'ll call it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Those were frog legs? I *thought* those were some [bad word] up, mutant chicken legs. That explains everything. Tastes like chicken, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

\"eat men like soup\", eh......Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good! Care for any Cream of Sum Yung Guy? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Chicken Legs

Phero Dude

THIS I agree with. If I see a woman with a man she seems to respect, I won\'t toss him in the \"sleazebag\" section of my mind automatically.

So therefore from this we can conclude that if you do see a single unaccompanied man you will automatically toss him into the sleazebag section of your mind. This is exactly the point we are trying to make.

THIS I agree with. If I see a woman with a man she seems to respect, I won\'t toss him in the \"sleazebag\" section of my mind automatically.

So therefore from this we can conclude that if you do see a single unaccompanied man you will automatically toss him into the sleazebag section of your mind. This is exactly the point we are trying to make.

Ahhhh, I love a man who jumps to conclusions. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Don\'t read things into what I say.

No, I wouldn\'t necessarily lump a single guy (or a guy with a woman on his arm) into the sleazebag section, unless he looked/acted like a sleaze.

What I SAID, Metro darlin\', is that while having a woman on his arm that obviously likes and respects him may make me think he MIGHT be a respectable guy, it wouldn\'t make me want to jump him then and there.

-------------
    Remember fallacies, anyone?

I like you.
    I like carrots.
    Therefore you must be a carrot.

Some of this thread reminds me of that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

Ahhhh, I love a man who jumps to conclusions. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Don\'t read things into what I say.

No, I wouldn\'t necessarily lump a single guy (or a guy with a woman on his arm) into the sleazebag section, unless he looked/acted like a sleaze.

What I SAID, Metro darlin\', is that while having a woman on his arm that obviously likes and respects him may make me think he MIGHT be a respectable guy, it wouldn\'t make me want to jump him then and there.

Sweetiekins, I\'m not talking about jumping him. I\'m talking about the fact that because the guy is seen with a woman on his arm seems to have some relevance to you i.e he\'s socially validated in your eyes by being accompanied by a woman. You\'re basically advancing the whole point the men on here have been trying to make.

No, I\'m not. The point of this thread was whether or not a woman would find a man sexually attractive because he either a) is with a woman, or b) smells like copulins, and therefore seems to have been with a woman recently.

I disagreed with that. Just because a woman who is well-dressed and looks respectable is with a man she appears to like and respect, doesn\'t mean that man will automatically become sexually attractive to me because she is with him. If the guy\'s hot, he\'s hot--woman or no woman. The point I agreed with is that the woman may make him seem respectable, but she has nothing to do with how attractive I find him.

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, help me put this together.

Single women like smelly men.
    Partnered women like men who smell clean.

AND

Partnered men have lower testosterone and a domesticated pheromone signature.

(synopsizing DrST, and please correct me if I\'m wrong)

IF those things are true

Then why would you go for single women by smelling like a guy who has a partner?

This stuff all contradicts itself.

I also really don\'t understand how copulins work on each sex. They appear to increase estrogen in women when women wear them. That produces increased testosterone in men reacting to those women.

But it\'s also being put forth that men can use copulins ON THEMSELVES to increase their testosterone levels.

How is that possible?

Banned User

Then why would you go for single men smelling like a guy who has a partner?

This stuff all contradicts itself.

That\'s just it, outside of a relationship before an interested girl gets involved with a guy she wants to know that, this guy has worth he is adored by other women, he is accepted and liked by other women. That basically meaning many other women see this man\'s worth so he must have some sort of great worth. When this interested girl gets involved with this \"party guy\" she wants to now know that he is completely commited to her, this is all instinctual. Girls who smell cops on guys pick up on this, but it\'s usually not a concious decision the same with -none.

**DONOTDELETE**

DrSmellThis, would you kick this around with me a minute?

That\'s just it, outside of a relationship before an interested girl gets involved with a guy she wants to know that, this guy has worth he is adored by other women, he is accepted and like by other women. That basically meaning many other women see this man\'s worth so he must have some sort of great worth. When this interested girl gets involved with this party guy she wants to now know that he is completely commited to her, this is all instinctual. Girls who smell cops on guys pick up on this, but it\'s usually not a concious decision the same with -none.

I dunno. I want my female friends to like a guy I\'m dating/about to date because if I start dating him, they\'re gonna start seeing him around a lot more. It\'s not that I have to have the approval of lots of women to date the guy. I may ask what they think of him (if they know him and I don\'t) to get an idea of what kind of guy he is. That is not social validation, however. Social validation would be \"he\'s dated her and her and her and her and her... so he must be a great guy\". That doesn\'t necessarily make him a great guy. That could mean he\'s a jerk and you just can\'t see it on first impression, or that he dates a lot of women he can\'t get along with for long, etc.
    Again, I\'m not one who cares what women think of my guy, other than for the reason I mentioned above. And if they don\'t like him, that probably means I won\'t be doing a lot of activities that involve both of them at the same time. It\'s how I feel when I\'m with him that matters, when I first meet him, and afterward.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information