Close

Phero Dude

Default Pain in right side after drinking/sex, help!?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve been getting this pain since I was a kid. It\'s been diagnosed as so many things, ranging from dehydration to muscle spasms to a pulled muscle..but nobody knows what the hell it is exactly. I used to get it as a kid when I would go and push myself hard physically.

I didn\'t get it for a long time, but now I seem to be getting the pain more frequently. It\'s in my right side, and will last a day or so. It friggin feels like someone just grabbed a hold of my right side and is holding a knife in it. I think it might be caused by drinking...as a couple of months ago when I got totally wasted it came, but I also had sex that night..so I don\'t know. It also came last night, after drinking, and making out/getting head (in a friggin car last night, uncomfortable Honda seats).

Has anyone else experienced this, or has any idea what the hell it is? Nothing makes it go away. I\'ve tried heating pad, and it will subdue it for a little bit. Icing it only numbs it for a little bit but it\'s still there. Excedrin, Aleve, Tylenol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen..all do nothing. And I\'ve tried drinking like a 1/2 gallon of water when I feel it coming on...like last night right after I got home. But it\'s still here and wont go away.

-Jon

Phero Guru

Default Re: Pain in right side after drinking/sex, help!?

Hi Jon, I\'ve been getting the same thing (right side only) for about 4 years now. Are you right-handed? I\'ve jsut been more or less living with it - it only bothers me when I sleep though. I\'ve also been getting some problems with my right arm and it\'s definitely being caused by using a mouse all the time - perhaps it\'s related. I\'m on a computer a lot so it just keeps getting worse.

**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Hi Jon, I\'ve been getting the same thing (right side only) for about 4 years now. Are you right-handed? I\'ve jsut been more or less living with it - it only bothers me when I sleep though. I\'ve also been getting some problems with my right arm and it\'s definitely being caused by using a mouse all the time - perhaps it\'s related. I\'m on a computer a lot so it just keeps getting worse.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

If a doctor can\'t find out what\'s wrong and just keeps advising aspirin and heat, etc., go to a chiropractor. A good one can fix all kinds of stuff that doctors say they either can\'t find or can\'t fix.

upsidedown

Where exactly on your right side? Down low near the navel? Up high under the armpit? Or down around the lower end of your rib cage? Does it feel like it\'s in the muscles, in the ribs, or underneath the ribs?

The thing I was thinking is that the liver is located on the right side just towards the lower rib cage. There could be link between the liver and drinking. An enlarged liver can cause some pain in the lower rib cage area on the right side.

I\'m not a doctor though....just speculating and thinking out loud here.

Journeyman

I wonder if acupuncture could help in this case? Just a thought.

Phero Dude

kool, it sounds very similar.

I\'m thinking it might be either my liver or my right kidney. My friends dad used to get the same thing when he would drink, and it was his kidney.

It\'s down right above my wasteline, about an inch or two, and feels like it\'s deep, and more to the back. It\'s like on the backside of my side on the bottle, where my kidneys are.

Another thing I get from it when it happens, is I feel sick. My stomach feels empty, even if I just ate, and I feel nautious but will never throw up.

upsidedown

That sounds to me to be too low to be your kidney. The kidneys are higher than just above your waistline.

I\'m thinking large intestine or apendix.

Strange that so many doctors haven\'t been able to pinpoint the problem.

Phero Dude

I just thought of something else too. If we are thinking it might be the liver, then why would I have gotten these pains as a kit; since I didn\'t drink or wouldn\'t have strained it much w/ toxins. That\'s why I thought it might be the kidneys as they could have been infected as a kid along with now, and deyhdration would have an adverse effect on them no matter my age.

Phero Dude

I think wasteline cuz I wear my pants high. If I feel my ribcage and go down to the last rib, it\'s about an inch under that. I wear my pants up right below my belly button most of the time now, so that\'s right where my pantsline is.

upsidedown

Well, I suppose that could possibly be the kidney then.

Phero Dude

omfg this thing hurts like a bit*h. We\'re having the big party over there tonight (last night was just the preparty), and I don\'t even feel like going. I just want to go back to bed and lay there doing nothing for the rest of the day.

What other signs could I look for to determine what it might be; kidney, liver, etc?

upsidedown

I think you really need to go to the doctor now while it\'s hurting.

I\'m thinking maybe you might have a kidney stone. Those are supposed to be painful. Although that doesn\'t explain why you had this pain as a kid.

You can get kindney stones from all kinds of things, from too much Ca, too much sugar (Cokes, etc), to just not drinking enough water on a regular basis. Some people are just more prone to them than others. You might ought to get it checked out.

Journeyman

ooooh, passing kidney stones hurt like a bitch, the worst pain possible i hear. Definately see a doctor...

Phero Dude

Yeah, my boss passes them every couple of weeks. We feel so bad for him, b/c he\'s out for a couple days at a time. What kind of symptoms of them am I going to have?

webmd.com [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What about an MRI ?

Stranger

I had a gf once that would have sharp pain after a night of boozing.. it turned out that after numerous trips to the doctor that she was diagnosed with Chrones disease... or scar tissue on the intestines.. not serious and can be treated easily.. but in her case the scar tissue caused a hole in her blatter and intestine... it seemed to flare up after drinking for some reason.

Be careful about the pain after drinking! You really have to see a doctor.

For some reason that nobody really knows, pain in a lymph node after drinking is occasionally a symptom of Hodgkin\'s lymphoma, a kind of lymph node cancer which young people tend to get.

You do have lymph nodes in the body and torso, like you
    do in your neck and under your arms. Only a doctor could diagnose you for sure.

now Hodgkin\'s disease is pretty rare, and fortunatley it is curable when caught early. mind you, it very much probably is NOT this, just from raw probabilities, but it does happen.

Phero Dude

I haven\'t gotten it in a while guys. I drank hardcore 2 weeks ago w/ the GF, and it didn\'t come...so IDK what to do about it. I haven\'t drank since then, and have really been cutting back compared to what I was doing before, so that might be helping. If it starts to bother me again, I\'m going to go get it checked it out while it\'s still hurting.

-Jon

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

I wonder if acupuncture could help in

this case? Just a thought.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> Yeah, chances are a good acuptucturist

can help you more than a chiro in a case like this, they´re certainly the wrong one to approach.

pelotudo,
    One

of my first thoughts was also the liver.

What

other signs could I look for to determine what it might be; kidney, liver, etc?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
    Where exactly is this pain? ´the right side´ doesn´t tell me much

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    CJ

Hey, CJ

This post is from last April, the tumor has probably already finished him off~

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Banned User

Well my friend had the same problem, they found out he was suffering from chronic dehydration. He also

had bad breath all the time..... drink lots of water. (Alcohol dehydrates you and sex even more

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..)

Phero Dude

Heh, nope; hasn\'t finished me off yet guys :P

It hasn\'t come back either. I haven\'t drank

for a couple of months now. So I don\'t know if it was dehydration or what, but I\'ll make sure to drink plenty

of water next time I drink to see if that\'s it.

And Phantom, u said your friend had constant bad breath?

Dehydration causing that too or what? I don\'t get it, or the connection...

-Jon

\"And Phantom, u said your friend had constant bad breath? Dehydration causing that too or what? I

don\'t get it, or the connection...\"

My dentist told me that one of the causes of bad breath was a dry

mouth, and suggested drinking plenty of water.

Speaking of signatures, check out my new one!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If I´d known at the time I´d have come over and

kissed it better [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information