Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    upsidedown

Default Re: MONES ADVERSELY AFFECTS EXAM PERFORMANCE?!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I believe it is 135 and up, does anyone know a free IQ test, internet wise?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

This one is free. It is the only IQ test I\'ve ever taken.

Banned User

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

This one is free. It is the only IQ test I\'ve ever taken.

I just did the test and scored 126 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (but I am not a native english speaker .....)

Phero Pharaoh

The SAT IMHO doesen\'t test how smart you are. Rather, it tests your ability to test.

- Krish

Oh no, I\'m dumber than Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 126 and I am a native English speaker. I hate those shapes! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

The SAT IMHO doesen\'t test how smart you are. Rather, it tests your ability to test.

I agree. I *HATE* standardized tests. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

hey i just took the Iq on emode in a hurry and i still got a 129. Lol it called me a word warrior

Enlightened One

My result is 148. However i have in the past had proper testing done and my IQ is 152 - which is good enough to get into mensa, other free tests i have taken on the internet range from 128 to 145. So go figure.

Banned User

The best way is to just go get tested by a professional at a local univeristy.

Banned User

umm is everyone a genius?

Enlightened One

Hey im not quite genius, but im smart and actually used accelerated learning techniques to make myself smarter over the years, i actively make myself a semi-expert in many different types of topics, pheromones for one, economics for another, ive taught myself technical anaysis to read stock markets. Have investigated the science behind the SETI project. And many other things, ive even contributed to game programming in open source and freeware projects. Im just someone who gets into everything, including the female mind to get myself laid.

Banned User

Like I said..need a professional to test you to be accurate vs. an online made up iq test.

Enlightened One

The professionals have the advantage in that they are accurate.

Journeyman

the fact that we\'re even using mones is a possible sign of high intelligence, as we are thus more receptive and creative to take on different ideas, in this case mones.

with regards to the mensa organisation, its entrance requirement is an IQ of 130, which is quite low, and , although being the most well known, by far not the most \"elite\" group. this year i hope to qualify for Sigma V which has an entrance requirement of an IQ of 180. however, that may be in startling contrast to the exams i just sat! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i\'ve forgotten about it now though but mones, never again.

also, i dont agree with watcher\'s analysis. professional intelligence tests are flawed as they are still and will always be within the development process, as our knowledge of the mind continues to increase. in which case, the whole concept of iq will change acccordingly. look out for my book on the topic coming soon...

Banned User

with regards to the mensa organisation, its entrance requirement is an IQ of 130, which is quite low

130 a bit low????? average IQ score is like 100. I think anything above 110 is good.

with regards to the mensa organisation, its entrance requirement is an IQ of 130, which is quite low

130 a bit low????? average IQ score is like 100. I think anything above 110 is good.

An IQ of 100 is average. An IQ of 115 is one standard deviation above average and only about 16% of the population fall within the range above 115 IQ. The next standard deviation is at 130 IQ and only 2.5% of the population fall above this level. There can be a major diffenrence in cognitive ability from one standard deviation to the next. So, in the real world one would expect to see noticible differences between someone w/ an IQ of, say, 115 and someone at 130. Theories about intelligence and giftedness have evolved over the years. I have my doubts about IQ tests as an accurate measuring tool. I have taken IQ tests on a few occasions and score differently each time. Also, after administering these test for awhile, I took an IQ test again and my score increased to just below the 3rd standard deviation cut-off. Soooo....who knows? If anyone is interested in some fun pop-psych persoanlity tests or taking an IQ test, then check out Emode.com. At the very least, it can be very entertaining.

Journeyman

well only 2-2.5% of the pop. score above it, which in the U.K would correlate to roughly 1.2M people with IQ of 130 or above. in the states, it would be around 5.5M

by the way that emode.com test is crap, try http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm which has a variety of tests from exceptional intelligence to culture-free tests

Phero Pharaoh

I will be taking the SAT on June 7th. I will also be wearing my normal dose of pheromones. They\'ve helped me stay focused on every test so far, but I will report my mood with mones during the SAT. Ugh, this is gonna be a bitch. I\'ve been preparing for 3 months now to sucker punch the SAT. Hopefully I won\'t miss this time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] lol.

- Krish

well only 2-2.5% of the pop. score above it, which in the U.K would correlate to roughly 1.2M people with IQ of 130 or above. in the states, it would be around 5.5M

by the way that emode.com test is crap, try http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm which has a variety of tests from exceptional intelligence to culture-free tests

Refer to my previous post for accurate info regarding IQ scores and their standard deviations. If you will allow me to be iterative...13.5% of the population falls above 115 IQ and only 2.5% score 130 or higher. And, again the cognitive abilities between one deviation and the next can be dramatic. I had a friend who was a nuclear physicist and his IQ was practically immeasurable...now I had scored just below the 3rd deviation and the gap between his cognitive abilities and mine were astronomical. This poor guy could not communicate w/ avg. ppl...or at least he didn\'t have the patience to do so...this guy had waaaaayyyyy to many things in his mind that took precedence over mudane humanity (almost a direct quote). The funny thing is that there are innumerable things that we take for granted today that this guy help develop, but he could never explain any of it to a layman. Thane (that\'s his name) doesn\'t contribute to this field anymore although much of his work continues to remain alive in the military-indutrial infrastructure of our economy...now he teaches English Lit. courses at CUNY. And, yes, the Emode IQ test is nothing more than pop-psych, along with their other personality tests...they were recommended for entertainment purposes, only. I have administered \"authentic\" IQ tests repeatedly (if only I could banish the memories of such tedium, i would consider myself lucky) and they are not to be considered accurate any more than any other psychometric tool. I have been able to \"argue \" my way to a higher score, on occasion, by bringing the short-comings of such tests into question.They are replete w/ social, gender, racial and SEC biases. And, yet, we put so much faith in these \"tools\" because a supposed expert developed them. I\'ve helped develop psychometric tools before and I can tell you that the questions being asked are designed to yield (hopefully) a result that supports your hypothesis. Statistics are easily manipulated and I can pretty much guarentee that if your thesis, dissertation or tenure is on the line, you will damn well be sure that you can find a \"measurement tool\" that will support it...a big part of the reason that I no longer have an interest in the world of psych research. Lots of half-a**ed and bogus research floating around in the \"professional\" journals. IMHO.

Banned User

The higher someone\'s IQ they seem to lose much of what else our brain does, such as social interaction, more humanistic creativitiy, art, and some other things I would have to brainstorm to remember. I believe much of the size of the brain stays relatively the same (I know bigger brain usually means better in some cases) I think it\'s what we/genetics allocate certain things to certain amounts and areas that matters.

Phero Pharaoh

Well, I took the SAT with my normal dose of mones today. I will say this, I was able to concentrate and stay objective. My exam performance was adversly affected, but not because of my mones, but because of the severe time limits. Because of time pressure, I wasn\'t able to attain the best possible score, but I can say I did score between the 1100-1250 range. I\'ll have to wait and see.

- Krish

Stranger

I would enjoy reading your posts on IQ tests and they are interesting, but can human intelligence be measured or determined? Can an IQ test conclude that a human being tested is smarter when compared with another individual?

IMHO, IQ test just illustrates how well a person can do certain subjects such as math or how well the brain can perform certain tasks such as pattern recognition. It does not mean that people who can comprehend certain material on the IQ test better than others are smarter.

Is Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the universal genius with an IQ of 210, more intelligent than you? Is Amadeus Mozart? Or Issac Newton?

Is Havard graduate brighter than a high school dropout?

It\'s impossible to rank, people think in different ways and have different capabilities. The person who flunked out of high school, because he was too busy reading novels is not stupider than someone with a PhD in Physics, he just prioritized differently and used his brains for different things. I personally have had experiences in life with people who were straight A students in highschool and university but their creative application abilitity was very low. IQ tests certainly do not measure creativity, imagination, depth, curiosity, enthusiasm, honesty, special talents(music, art, writing) and so on.

It is hard to demonstrate that IQ tests measure any cognitive skill that contributes to the advancement of society. Until someone can objectively define intelligence IQ will be no more than a number... I don\'t believe that anything can be objectively defined.

Journeyman

Most IQ test seem to determine your ABILITY to pick out patterns, percieve deeper meaning, and process complex information. These are all the really basic elements of human intelligence, and our society seems to recognize intelligence often based on degree of education, occupation, or even worse, race and apperance (you know the whole cartoonish plaid shirt w/ pocket protector and glasses, etc).

An IQ simply measures these abilities that transcend what is socially recognizable as intelligence, ie. your potential for socially recognizable intelligence. Most IQ tests will be able to test these abilities in a way that is unbiased to education.

But undoubtedly, and IQ is useless unless you direct it towards an education or occupation or goal in life, otherwise its just a stupid number showing your potential, not who you really are. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I joined in 1983 after scoring in the top 2% on two standardized tests. Any standardized test can qualify, as long as you are in the top 2% (or at least that\'s the last I heard). Mensa also has local test proctors in nearly every major city in the USA. SAT scores above 1250 (if I recall correctly (qualify). Some of my first presentations on pheromones were during local, regional and national Mensa gatherings. Typically, the audience forces a speaker to know the topic, or be crucified during Q And A. The group (as a whole) is not stuffy; not overwhelmingly made up of rocket scientists or other eggheads. It\'s a good mix of all professions and all lifestyles. I highly recommend it for those who qualify and enjoy diversity in topic discussion.

I dont really like IQ tests, well the ones i have done anyway. Some didn\'t let you get above 145 or something, and others just seemed poorly done.

I have got very different results from different IQ tests...

Intelligence is all about pathways of thought, with can be trained. How you filter and absorb stimulus, info etc.

I suck at shapes! Does that mean I\'m dumb?

Stranger

I believe intelligence is our defining evolutionary characteristic as a human. What separates us from other animals seems to be a significant difference in ability to think logically and laterally and be aware - problem solving. Where most animals have evolved physically to adapt to their environment, humans have evolved to utilise our environment to our advantage. For example, instead of concentrating on developing long, strong, athletic legs for speed, we build the wheel and develop cars (eventually...).

So intelligence is an ability to solve problems by using your environment to your advantage in the best, most efficient way. It\'s just a genetic capacity to find a way round general situations that pose problems. This is where IQ tests go wrong - they test skills that can be improved with learning: you can get better at IQ tests the more you do and they test things like maths skills and english skills. It\'s very difficult to measure something like intelligence without applying it to learned subjects that you can get better at and that\'s where I think IQ tests fall over.

Journeyman

you should go try an oxford interview, that\'ll make you think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Some scientists claim that pheromones affect human brain and lower the wearer IQ. If wearing pheromones for many years they will destroy the brain cells and make you become stupid.

Banned User

Some scientists claim that pheromones affect human brain and lower the wearer IQ. If wearing pheromones for many years they will destroy the brain cells and make you become stupid.

Are you kidding? If not do you have any evidence?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information