Close

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
    Banned User

Default Percentage of the population that is \"alpha\"

visit-red-300x50PNG
    For men<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1052913970monesrule\">

What percentage of men are alpha (ladies vote)
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />50%
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />40
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"3\" />30
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"4\" />25
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"5\" />20
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"6\" />15
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"7\" />10
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"8\" />5
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"9\" />2
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

Banned User

Default Re: Percentage of the population that is \"alpha\"

For women
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1052914014monesrule\">

What percentage of women are alpha?
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />50%
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />40
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"3\" />30
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"4\" />25
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"5\" />20
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"6\" />15
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"7\" />10
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"8\" />5
    <input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"9\" />2
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

Phero Dude

lol...what kind of a useless post is this dude ???

Just use google and search up a few studys...the few clicks u might get with these polls are not representative at all...

Banned User

outside these boards, i have never heard anyone talk about alphas or betas accept when referring to wolves. I wouldn\'t even think that polls existed

Phero Dude

I don\'t think anyone can give u EXACT numbers.

Being alpha is MANY MANY things : SELF confidence being one of the most important ! Just open your eyes and look at the people around + compare their actions/decision making to yours. For example a club scenario : a beta male sees a very nice girl , the FIRST thing he does is : HESITATE / SELF DOUBT / Think up goofy $hit and excuses NOT to walk over and chat her up.
    If an alpha male see\'s a girl that he considers WORTH his time , he walks over and chats her up + IS successfull ! Failure is not an option because he doesn\'t think of it at all / doesn\'t hesitate. Confidence all the way...!!!!

Want to become more alpha ? Always do what YOU want and not what others want u to do / don\'t think about what OTHERS may say if u did this and that...Self confidence AGAIN ! If you don\'t believe in yourself - NOBODY WILL !

+ Don\'t mistake an alpha male for a complete a$$hole , the opposite is the fact , he is trusted and his opinion is respected / he keeps his word / he says WHAT he thinks , because its his opinion , he doesn\'t show fear / weakness / he cares about friendship , family...well u get the picture ! Alpha male is A REAL MAN , to say it with one sentence... YOu have to work and work and work on yourself to become one. Doesn\'t happen overnight , and doesnt happen if u read up all the ross jeffry bullshizznit

Banned User

Are there any Gamas?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

TBird you are a funny guy!

Phero Dude

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TRUE alphas make up only about 3% of the population, so perhaps instead of \"are you alpha?\", then a yes/no answer, perhaps a scale of 1-10?

1 - completely submissive, a follower, no independant thought.

5 - very submissive, rarely make a stand or stick up for yourself, but can be your own person.

6 - less submissive, you will sometimes stick up for yourself, but never against anyone with any authority.

7 - You will stick up for youself when you are being wronged, but rarely against people with authority. You can be both sumbmissive and dominating in equal amounts.

8 - You will always stick up for yourself, but reluctant to enter into confrontations that could be dangerous. More dominating than submissive, and can be a leader.

9 - Very rarely submissive, most people respect you and people who know you dont bother messing with you. Commonly a leader in relevant situations.

10 - No one messes with you (well almost, even 100% alphas are challenged). Always the leader, has the respect of everyone.

I would say that I was 8.5, sometimes lower, maximum of 9 sometimes.

Phero Dude

Hmm looking @ your scale , I would say I\'m a 9 either.
    Only problem with the scale: the way you put it being a 10 is impossible/utopian.

You can\'t be a leader in everything (simply because u lack knowledge in most cases) and you can\'t get respect from everyone.(Defending your opinion , u step on other guys feet sometimes wich results in hatred rather than respect)

The way u described \"9\" is pretty much the best u can become, so make this a 10 and delete the present 10 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I\'m a 7.

Wish I was higher &amp; intend to try &amp; work on that, but gotta be honest at the present time.

But thats kind of the point. So many people claim to be alpha, but they aren\'t.

When i say leader, i dont mean like president or MD, but mostly around your friends.

Banned User

you can see the varying results on the woman\'s side (for men being alpha) shows a very different interpretation in what it means to be \"alpha\" from their POV. Check out the results, if you haven\'t.

What happened to 2,3, and 4?

They got lost in a sea of ambiguity.

Phero Enthusiast

Default a woman\'s point of view

CptKipling,
    what\'s the use of such a scale ? and where did you get it from ?
    Would a guy be proud to be a 9 or so, and scare everyone around him ? this reminds me of my grandfather - who was surely a 9 (according to your scale) but who terrorized all his family with his f&amp;@king authority and power [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I doubt that\'s what you want... it\'s such an view from the 19th century...
    And, BTW, being alpha, for animals, also means being responsible for the group\'s survival, not only have the Power and the right to copulate with all females... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I think some guys, even if they seem to be low in your scale, are much \"stronger\" than alpha ones.

Banned User

Default Re: a woman\'s point of view

it is just some scale , just as some people think 25 percent of the pop is alpha while others think 2 is.

I made that scale up, mostly because there are a lot of people saying that they are much more alpha than they are. I have no doubt that there are some none (not -none) alpha males who are stronger, but they lack the confidence. It\'s the confidence and the \"i dont give a f*ck\" attitude that determins an alpha, as well as his ability to back it up.

**DONOTDELETE**

The one complaint I have with the way the guys on the forum see \"alpha\" and the way I see it, is that your version always seems to include some belligerance or pugnaciousness that is really not necessary in most cases. I look for laid back alpha, the guy who looks completely at ease in his environment and people always say good things about him. What A Great Guy! If you are alpha, you don\'t have to fight about it, it seems to me, or engender fear in anyone else. I don\'t want someone who makes me fearful unless it\'s play and we both understand what\'s going on. Just someone who is secure and is not going to waffle on me.

Well said, but when you say that kind of thing, everyone thinks that they are alpha! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m sure everyone would like to be ... but how many can say they feel secure enough to be at ease in nearly every situation, and know themselves well enough that they don\'t talk a lot of talk that they can\'t walk, or don\'t knock themselves frantically out trying to please to the point that you can\'t even see who they are anymore? Not many men or women like that, that I know of, right?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

The number of alphas depends on the number of groups -- one per group.

However, many of us can be alphas of sorts since group definitions are so nebulous these days. Much of it is psychological maturity, with endocrine participation.

Phero Pro

Well said FTR.

I thought the definitions were a little on the belligerent side myself &amp; I agree with your summation in being at ease with your environment. I\'d still put myself in as a 7. When I am in a familiar environment, like at this local bar playing pool I feel I am very alpha or confident in my surroundings, almost to the point of being cocky. But if you take me &amp; put me into some random bar in Manhattan I much more apprehensive &amp; less \"alpha\". Another characteristic I would take into consideration is insecurity. I think in general women are more insecure then men are, even the real hotties I can always catch them 2nd guessing themself &amp; I generally find this information out once I get close with them on a personal level. It could be that there are just as many insecure men out there, they just do a better job of covering up. That\'s why I thought the %\'s would be higher for men being alpha then it would be for women. I come across very few confident \"alpha\" women, &amp; it might be because they are afraid of being labled a bad word that begins with \"b\".

The scale descriptors are just words, but i think the 1-10 thing is a good idea. Flesh out the descriptors as you please. I agree completely with you FTR, but i guess i aimed to relate the scale to younger guys, because those are things that they relate to.

Stranger

All I\'m going to say is this:

2 words to describe the true meaning of alpha male: Ferris Bueller [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thread Information