I caught this off my football message board, thought ppl here might find it interesting...

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

Here\'s a few reasons why I think women in the workplace has helped to destroy our country...

Finances
The reason it\'s so hard to make it on your own is because of women in the workplace. Think about that very first onslaught of women coming into the workplace…the companies had to “make room” for them in their payrolls…but weren’t producing more goods…that’s dependant on supply/demand. So…in order to fit them into the workplace…some men were let go…laid off…not hired…and raises were not as prevalent. Then…women demanded equal pay…even more cuts were necessary. It used to be that a man could get a job and it would pay enough to take care of the bills…or close to it…now, it’s hard for even two people to make enough money to pay the bills. And because there are fewer jobs for the men…you end up with households not making enough to get by…

Nuturing
Women aren\'t at home fulltime anymore. Kids aren\'t getting the nuturing they need at the very early stages of development and we\'re ending up with desensitized kids who have very little regard for human life, much less common decency. The wife is now working fulltime while the children are spending most of their day at daycare/babysitting. The children aren’t learning and reinforcing the family values or morals that would normally happen because they spend so much time away from the family...in essence, our kids are being formed by daycare and schools...and I touch on schools later in this post.

Nutrition and Health
When the wife finally does come home...it\'s around the same time as the husband. Both are tired from a long day at work...and now have to share the duties around the house. There\'s no hot meal on the table when the husband gets home...so what ends up happening? Usually either parent throws together a quick meal that really doesn\'t cover the essential food groups needed for development. So...mornings...everyone is rushed to get going...no real breakfast is happening...lunch is served to the kids by daycare/babysitter (usually not all that healthy or balanced) and dinner is thrown together or worse yet...fast food. And do the parents have time or energy to go outside and be with the kids? What example is being set for the kids...you end up with lazy, lumps that stay indoors all day watching TV because their parents never seem motivated to take them outside anymore.

Gender Roles
Because both parents are working...both end up having to share the load of responsibilities at home. This actually helps continue this ridiculous cycle our nation is now in...the kids don\'t learn what their gender roles are anymore. We end up with boys acting like girls and girls acting like boys and a terrible mix inbetween.

Household Duties
Don\'t underestimate household duties. It takes work to keep a house going properly...once it\'s up and running...it\'s just maintenance and whatnot...but it\'s still work. Cooking alone can take up a good chunk of the day...add in laundry and cleaning...and your day is almost spent. Add in time spent with the kids...teaching, nurturing, etc...and that\'s a full time job. However, in today\'s society, both parents are trying to fit in the time to do the laundry and other duties when they get home after work...so...we end up with usually a half-azzed job. The floors aren\'t getting mopped, the holes aren\'t being patched and hems aren\'t getting sewn...regular dusting now occurs during spring cleaning only...dishes are piling up for days. Cleanliness is falling by the wayside...no wonder kids get the sniffles a lot nowadays.

Time and Energy
Both parents are tired from the workday and end up spending their time trying to \"catchup\" on all the chores and whatnot. So...they come home...and start working some more...then...hopefully find time for family meal...between chores and the meal...it\'s almost time for the kids to go to bed. The parents don\'t feel as motivated to help the children with their homework as is necessary and have truly not spent any quality time with each other as a family...it\'s just been all work. Weekends are spent catching up on whatever didn\'t get done during the week...usually entire days on the weekend is for laundry and folding. Forget ironing...does anyone know how to iron anymore? Add in any extra activities that the kids are involved in with school/sports and no ones had any time to take a breath.

Gender Roles - Part 2
So...because most things have to be accelerated or half-azzed in order to finish in any reasonable amount of time...the girls in the family never learn those wifely duties. The boys certainly aren\'t going to sit down to learn how to knit, sew, cook, shop, clean, etc...and who would teach them? The father has no clue really and the mother doesn\'t have time or didn\'t learn from her mother because she didn\'t have time to do it right either. So...it continues to cycle. Then...the girl grows up...gets married to a man who has no clue what he\'s in store for...a dirty house, no food and wrinkly clothes. He ends up taking on duties in order to get them done...figuring it out as he goes...the marriage is strained because both are always tired and there\'s no time to be romantic.

Divorce
Goes without saying...however, as I said before...since both partners are now working harder...it puts unnecessary strain on the relationship.

Work Production
I’ve found a great many women are wonderful workers. Give them tasks and they’ll perform…however, as soon as they move up in management…there becomes a problem. They now have to delegate, manage and work with other managers…what usually ends up happening is almost reminiscent of high school. A bunch of little clicks that don’t like each other and are pissed because someone didn’t say “HI” the right way. Grudges are held and secrets/rumors start to fly. Whereas, if a man has a problem…it’s usually expressed right then and there…a fellow co-worker pisses you off…you say, “Hey man…do that again and I’ll bust you in the lip” or whatever method it takes for you to express that you’ve been wronged…women on the other hand, hold it in…more like let it fester until some rivalry begin. What about pregnancy? Women get pregnant…you end up with months of slowed production and months of them being completely gone from the workplace. Can’t be good for production. What about men and women working together? Like it or not, but men are distracted by women. It’s not their fault…I’m just saying it’s a reality. You get a nice looking woman on your floor and men will become distracted…never mind the guys who end up falling for a woman in the workplace…he won’t be able to think straight no matter what happens.

Schooling
When women were only allowed something like three jobs…one being schoolteacher…it afforded our children the ability to be taught by the best teachers. However, you open up the job market to women and who wants to be teachers? They become anything but teachers, in fact. It used to be that in order to be a teacher, you had to be one of the best at it…because there was such a wealth of teachers to choose from…but now, the teaching profession has almost turned into a safety net. Meaning…if I can’t make it as a computer technician, lawyer, etc…I can always become a teacher. So…our kids end up being taught by whomever the schools can coax into halls.

So…in the end…what do we end up with? Kids who know learn very little, are not nurtured enough, have very little family values, which don’t eat well being taught by people who should be janitors…who grow up and marry someone just as dysfunctional and ill-equipped as they are…and endless cycle.

Now…before anyone and everyone gets all upset with me…I’m talking in grand generalizations here. If you’re a teacher…I’m not saying you’re an awful teacher…you might be one of the few that is great at his/her job…I’m just saying on the whole…the product has gone downhill. And women…before you get mad…think about it…especially if you’ve got kids…how many times have you wished you didn’t have to work…so you could stay home with the kids. Bet you wished your grandmothers didn’t burn their bras and march so vehemently for jobs. For those few women who are finding a way to make it all work…bravo! More power to you…this is not a post about you…it’s again, about our nation on a whole. Don’t quickly label me a sexist pig and dismiss what I’m saying…take a moment and see how women in the workplace has, in fact, affected our country negatively. Sure, there are wonderful positives…women can now become anything they want to be…individually…however, on the whole…the American household is falling apart because of it.

Now…go ahead and blast away…debate at will…

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I\'ll post an interesting reply in a moment...