Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Default Re: A Dispassionate and Polite Link

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Oh... and for those of you that think size does matter, I\'ve come up with the ultimate measuring tool, it measures both depth and width, I call it my dick. Anybody need it???

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Sure.....I\'ll take some of that

I think Belagarth has hit upon a core difference in our positions. Science and the \"conservative\" view is that human nature is largely unchangable. Our behaviors are hardwired to a large extent through selective evolution. In making our societies, we need to be clear-eyed about what we have to work with - what can be changed and what can not.

\"Liberals\" respond that humans are changable and can be molded to meet our wishes. To some extent that is true. of course.

A \"conservative\" would say that we can overcome to some degree human nature but you can\'t change it. You can structure rewards and responsibilities to make human nature work for you.

A political example is Madison in the Federalist Papers. He knew that men will compete for power over their fellows - always have, always will. Teach a man otherwise is fruitless. His answer was to structure the government so that ambitions would be set against ambition.

Telling young women that they should act like men leaves women frustrated and leaves no one to do the essentials that women do and men can\'t.

Fukuyama\'s paper on social capital captures what we understand about human nature and society. Our pheromone experiments explore and expand what we know too.

I simply believe that we can become whatever we choose to be. Telling an ambitous young woman that she must act like a housewife is rediculous, as is telling a young man that he cannot stay at home and nurture his offspring. Our animal foundations are secondary to our intellects, otherwise we would still be a minor species living in caves. Almost everything we do is unnatural.
    As I said before, since we cannot put the chick back in the egg, let\'s get over it and move on. Women are a part of the workforce for good or ill. Learn to deal with it and stop trying to tell them how to live.

My contention is that our government has overstepped and contiues to overstep it\'s bounds and places an enormous burden on the people. If anything, the downfall of our civilization is more directly related to overgoverning than to women in the workforce.

It is true that humans will compete for power, a select few will at least. Outside of those anti-social few, mankind is perfectly capable of getting along with itself. Those who govern have a vested interest in proving we are basically unchangable. I learned to never take the word of a person who has a vested interest in the issue.

I\'ll let you have the last word...

Banned User

I\'ll let you have the last word...

Hah, that was great WH, reminds me of Bill O\'Reilly.

All around (Belgareth, Whitehall) great debating guys, it was exciting and enlightening to read everyone\'s side of the argument.

Whitehall:

It was a good debate, thank you. I haven\'t had so much fun in ages.

I doff my hat to a worthy opponent [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shall we agree to disagree at this point?

Good idea! Let\'s all get naked [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good idea! Let\'s all get naked [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good \'ole Elana!
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A fine idea!

**DONOTDELETE**

Can I wear some lingerie instead? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Can I wear some lingerie instead? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Depends, let\'s see some picts.

**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Depends, let\'s see some picts.

Check your abln mail. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

How did \"Dispassionate\" morph into \"Da Passionate\"?

Oh well. I will of course agree to disagree - I think we all understand each others\' worldview - these are classic differences and will never be resolved.

As to the \"liberal\" view - \"Hope springs eternal...\"

and let\'s hope we always have hope.

I think we all understand each others\' worldview - these are classic differences and will never be resolved.

As to the \"liberal\" view - \"Hope springs eternal...\"

and let\'s hope we always have hope.

No, Whitehall, you are still missing the point. I reject liberalism as well. Liberals do not believe in personal accomplishment and responsibility, they have a Robin Hood mentality. Hope does spring eternal and I do believe in the humans\' basic goodness. But that can only be brought to it\'s full potential when we stop telling people how to live and what to be. Encourage each one to think for themselves and stop training one-upmanship into our children.

Both the conservative and the liberal belive we can legislate morality. In attempting to do so, we create an artificial crutch to lean on that robs a person of the inititive to accomplish.

Both the liberals and the conservatives would build a society of increasingly oppressive rule. Over time, anything that isn\'t forbidden becomes mandatory. With each increase in the rules, a little more inititive is taken until we are a stagnant society. The decadence we see is caused by the natural rebellion against unneeded rules and by the contempt created when we either cannot or will not enforce those rules. There are no consequences, only rules.

In your worldview, you take away something, tell them they cannot have it, when your back is turned, many will gorge on the forbidden fruit just to despite you. To prevent that, you need to build bigger and stronger police states and armies. In my worldview, each person is taught from earliest childhood to take responsibility for their actions and pride in themselves. Society as a whole rejects the non-productive ones without the need to create rules. Utopian? Sure. But why not aspire to a higher level than the increasing oppression we live under today? Your freedoms are being taken away from you at a steady rate. Where does it stop?

Do you yourself obey all the rules of your society, freely and willingly? DO you ignore some of the rules because they do not fit your personal desires? If you flout even the simplist of rules, you cannot demand that others obey the rules without becoming a hypocite. You\'ll argue the grey area between but that attitude is the core of the problem. You cannot pick and choose which rules you obey while refusing others the same privilage. Nor can you choose which rules should be enforced. Either approach undermines the very fabric of the society you are trying to create.

HMMMM, Your views intrigue me...And I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Ok, I think it\'s time for Bart\'s opinion.

I believe it all has to do with everyone trying to GAIN something.

I don\'t believe the women had any problem with the way things were, they were happy. They wanted what EVERYONE WANTS \"more\".

it did work out better that way.

Because onlyt he man worked he got 2 times the moeny. Becuase women wanted to work, they lowereed what hte man gets. Racism, not racism, you can\'t really argue about that really.

It\'s all just relative...

It just works better when everyone knows their role.

Basically, the problem is people are caged predators.

When that happens EVERYTHING F**S UP!

People eat, instead of 1 times a day but 3-6 times a day even!!!

People wear clothes to hide themselves.

Fe-males take on problems as males.

People get raped.

Incest.

Economics fall because everyone gets less for their effort!

Basically, evolution. You go agaisnt it, YOU GET BURNED!

You eat too often, you get FAT!

Men work, women work, you get paid half as much.

Men are better at working, women are better at nurting...It\'s a face, it\'s EVOLUTION!

If evolution wanted men and women to both work, than there would be no MAN AND WOMAN!

Evoultion dictates that men and women are DIFFERENT!

There are animals that can self replicate.

OBVIOUSLY we CAN\'T!

As far as equality. I don\'t see how following your role has ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT!

In fact, these stay at home dads are just LAZY and take advantage because THEY DON\'T WANT TO WORK!

Just like, when animals are caged, they turn GAY!

lol

Just like how fe-males wnat to work males want to f*ck other males, and vice versa.

Eqaulity?

Everyone\'s human...

But, they have their roles.

Neither is better, I don\'t think working is exactly BETTER....

And, staying at home, etc.

They both have advantages.

It\'s just...Women are better able to deal with one, and men another. Becuase we live in cages we have to creat the stimulus.
    That\'s why people are gay, not happy, etc.

I can go on.

But

My point?

Do what evolution says.

We have not evolved past 6,000 years.

So, do like 6,000 years ago.

Men hunt.
    Women make the nest.

The man didn\'t beat the woman thouh, that\'s what equality is!

Bart

Phero Pro

bart has such a way with words (and a grasp on the grammar of the english lanuage I might add).

Banned User

We have not evolved past 6,000 years.

So, do like 6,000 years ago.

Men hunt.
    Women make the nest.

Ummmm, are we still out in the woods hunting? Are we out there half @ss naked trying to kill a wild pig? Why and what the hell would be the point to \"do the same as generations ago.\" We may not be evolving physcially but mentally the human race was created to do much of evolution within it\'s societies etc....

I don\'t see how anyone can think like this, like a brick for someone who throws around \"new age\" ideas it seems kind of simplistic. \"Women don\'t want to work\"? What!!! women want money, women want to make their career dreams come true, what really are you in societies eyes without a job a career? Lastly no one ever said hunting was even comparable to a job, in most modern day jobs the physical differences of the sexes does not even play the slightest role. If anyone is to look at our path it\'s so obvious. Women will work and women should work, nothing is static and if it would that would be a negative force. There are alot of temporary loses, look at war, no one wanted those numbers of death, but look at the outcome? I don\'t get why anyone spins Evolution in this as a last ditch effort to get some factual proof.

Why is this issue even spoken of, it\'s already happened it will continue to happen and there is nothing you can do about it now, thousands of years of suppression and now in our modern society we are ready to throw it away. Why start to ignore the genius and creativity of half a population like days gone by? Has your life changed radically, are you able to life comfortably?

PS. A lot of the guys who have a problem with this seem to miss, or desire power or dominance, maybe it\'s a natural feeling for some.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread Information