Close

King of the coupons!

Default DO THEY SMOKE CRACK IN AUSTRALIA?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australian scientists believe they have rediscovered an effective use for lemon juice -- as a contraceptive and also a killer of the AIDS (news - web sites) virus.

Reproductive physiologist Roger Short, from the University of Melbourne\'s obstetrics department, said a few drops of lemon juice can be a cheap, easy-to-use solution to protect women from both HIV (news - web sites) and pregnancy.

The juice should be squeezed onto a piece of sponge or cotton wool and placed into the vagina before sex, he said.

\"We can show in the lab that lemon juice is very effective in immobilizing human sperm and also very effective in killing HIV,\" Short told Australian Broadcasting Corp television in a science program to be shown later on Thursday.

He said lime juice, which has similar acid levels, can also be used, with both fruits often freely available in poor countries where contraception is hard to come by.

Short said laboratory tests found not only does lemon juice kill sperm, it also kills the AIDS virus itself.

Short said using lemon juice as a contraceptive was not a new idea but it had fallen by the wayside over the years.

The ancient douche-style contraceptive was encouraged by such luminaries as Casanova, renowned for his sexual prowess.

\"This has been used for hundreds of years and we\'ve just forgotten about it,\"said Short, who is planning to conduct some field trials in Thailand.

\"About 300 years ago, Mediterranean women used lemon juice as their main method of contraception.\"

Anyone!? Anyone!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

Default Re: DO THEY SMOKE CRACK IN AUSTRALIA?

mmmmmm... lemonade! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

sounds better than condoms!

PS-I guess this makes up for the aussie\'s given us watcher! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] j/k

King of the coupons!

Only you G! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Only you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

<chuckle>

**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    sounds better than condoms!

PS-I guess this makes up for the aussie\'s given us watcher! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] j/k

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

ROFL

Is that what that song was about, remember that song, \"You put de lime in de coconut, you shake \'em all up...\"

Banned User

The juice should be squeezed onto a piece of sponge or cotton wool and placed into the vagina before sex, he said.

\"We can show in the lab that lemon juice is very effective in immobilizing human sperm and also very effective in killing HIV,\"

Well let me see. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]And I\'ll try not to sound like Whitehall.

As you all know lemon contains a bit of concentrated acid, which has a burning effect.So what will happen is this:

Maleto his female partner)Here, use this stuff as contraceptive. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Femaleinsurting stuff)WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Damn@%&amp;@#)(@!$%^&amp; sh#7t.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Um yeah, ya think?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I mean why not vinegar, or hydrochloric acid? And wouldn\'t spit be considered a contraceptive, or it that too alkaline?

Phero Pro

Wow. And I just ran out of litmus paper! Alright chemists, where do the mentioned liquids &amp; juices fall on the PH scale?

Phero Pro

I don\'t think it\'s that bad, the mucous membranes inside the vagina are more resistable than the ones inside the mouth. Ever had a hole inside your mouth or burning sensations without an injury while eating lemons or drinking lemon juice ?

Phero Dude

In the 17th century, douches became popular among French prostitutes as a method of contraception. It usually didn\'t work. However, once women figured out that acidity of a lemon killed sperm, lemon juice use became widely used in many cultures. Some women in the 18th century even used a half-squeezed lemon as a diaphragm.

Nothing\'s new under the sun.

Phero Pro

That\'d taste way better than that spermicide jelly that goes on diaphragms nowadays! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

How tastes it like ? I\'ve never eaten anti-spermicide jelly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

It\'s GROSS. Spermicides are gross. I hate them. Condoms, too, I hate with a passion, although I make sure they\'re used. Lemons would sure be better.

Banned User

sheep skin condoms, not the most protective.

Phero Pro

I\'m almost certain some men could be persuaded to apply the lemon or lime juice orally~ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey, I just realized -- that stuff would make you salivate pretty good, wouldn\'t it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wow. And I just ran out of litmus paper! Alright chemists, where do the mentioned liquids &amp; juices fall on the PH scale?

Fresh lemon juice has a pH of 2.2-2.6. Lime juice is about the same.

Concentrated HCl will burn the H*ll out of you (it has a pH of less than 1).

HIV survives very well in saliva.

I don\'t think it\'s that bad.

Okay Andy, you go first and tell us how it really feels. Since you don\'t have a vagina, you\'ll just have to test it on the old chocolate wizz-wang. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

you\'ll just have to test it on the old chocolate wizz-wang. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Man, I can\'t believe the language in some of these posts! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

Really? So does that mean someone can contract HIV by kissing?

- Krish

Phero Pro

Oooooooookay ... I tested it on a female specimen of homo sapiens sapiens (please, don\'t ask me how I did it) and it seemed to give no unpleasant side effects. The clitoris seemed to be a little more sensitive and it looked like it was fun. Science hooooooo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Enlightened One

Yep they prefer to smoke pot down here.

Thread Information