Close

Default Approimate volume of an inch (roll on)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Shoe posted a while ago that it was 28 inches per 1ml, which is not far off one drop (in fact more than 1 drop for his dropper). But i didn\'t think this was right, so I put 2ml of water in my SOE roll on, and marked on an 8\" strip on my arm. This gave me 160\" per ml, which i though was huge, and wrong. But then i did it again with 1 ml, and got the same result.

Default Re: Approimate volume of an inch (roll on)

i think i recall reading that 1 drop is about .05 ml. So then to get a drop you\'d need to roll on about 8\". That seems pretty reasonable.

Does this sound right?

I dont know, I want this to be torn apart by forum members, because it is so different to Shoe\'s results.

A \"volume of an inch\" measurement would only be a rough guide anyway, so it doesnt matter hugely about accuracy, but my figures are 20x smaller than Shoe\'s...

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Shoe posted a while ago that it was 28 inches per 1ml, which is not far off one drop (in fact more than 1 drop for his dropper). But i didn\'t think this was right, so I put 2ml of water in my SOE roll on, and marked on an 8\" strip on my arm. This gave me 160\" per ml, which i though was huge, and wrong. But then i did it again with 1 ml, and got the same result.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I have stopped posting scientific info to this forum because I\'m seriously tired of hearing \"that\'s too much math, just dump the sh!t on.\"

However, for all sorts of scientific reasons, rolling water does not at all model rolling SOE.

I thought of that, but wouldn\'t a higher viscosity give a lower volume? And it surely wouldnt be that much different...

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I thought of that, but wouldn\'t a higher viscosity give a lower volume? And it surely wouldnt be that much different...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    I\'m guessing it\'s more influenced by wetting power than viscosity. Water is not very wet. Di-glycols are _very_ wet... First it has to wet the ball, then it has to wet your skin to get _off_ the ball. I haven\'t tested it, but your results don\'t surprise me. See if you can find a bottle of food flavoring in di-glycol (Asian store) and measure that. If I can break free in the next couple days, I\'ll try it. I\'m sure I have some rose flavoring around that should have similar properties.

Ok I\'ll give it a shot, thanks BassMan.

if anyone has gone through an entire bottle of SOE, couldn\'t you just make a rough estimate of how many times you used it and the average amount you used... in the end it should come pretty close and give you a good idea of which original estimate is closer. Using 8\" each time, for example, we have an estimate 35 or so uses compared to like 200 uses.

It\'s true we shouldn\'t have to make this into an exact science, because it really isn\'t. A lot of people here have a good amount of experience and know what works for them. But I think anyone trying a product for the first time could really use this info, so they have an idea of where to start. Why should someone waste 2 weeks experimenting with 1\", for example, if this proves to be an insignificant amount of pheremones? Then again we have many people reporting on their success (or failure) with various amounts and that alone is a great indication of how much to start with. The numbers may not be as neccesary, but hey some people just wanna know!

Journeyman

SOE is glycol based... it is sticky and seems it would stick to the ball and roll on your skin much thicker than water.

My calculation was based on 1 ml. of SOE measuered out and used over several days.

My thinking is that if it makes that much of a difference then working out the volume might be pointless, because i was thinking of it for mixing purposes, where people apply with a roll on.

But I\'m not giving up yet!! Maybe i can create an algorithm to \"guess\" the stickiness, and therefore the volume.

More work to be done!!

Thread Information