Close

Thread: SOE/ INDOLE?

Banned User

Default SOE/ INDOLE?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I wore 3/4\'s of a pack of SOE gel today. I swear, I smelled like an A*Hole (literally). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], I had to wash it off. I think i\'ll stick to 1/3 or 1/2 a pack next time.

Default Re: SOE/ INDOLE?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I smelled like an A*Hole (literally

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    How do you know?

Banned User

lol, I don\'t know really. I just know that when I washed it off the smell went away. (I was freshly showered beforehand) weird thing was that I never noticed the smell of indole in it before.

Maybe it was stale when they packaged it.

Banned User

Yea I think so, too bad that it almost ruined my day. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

This is interesting as I swear my SoE goes putrid real quick now. I\'m wondering if I\'ve contaminated it my dabbing?
    Would the bacteria that convert anol thrive in the bottle? That\'s my question

Phero Pharaoh

Most of the packs of SoE gel I have are like that. Somethings wrong. It\'s like it already evolved into anone.

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**

Me, too. Smells godawful.

Replacement packs for everyone!

Banned User

Stopped using SOE because of it\'s smell. I think pheromone companies need to be just as concerned about there pheromones as the scent of the product, and for goodness sake get women\'s opinions on a good male scented pheromone. Who the hell cares what a guy thinks of your scented pheromone product to attract women?

Phero Pro

What\'s wrong about musk ?

Banned User

a lot of women don\'t care for it. just like most popular colognes for men aren\'t musk.

Phero Pro

Poo is very popular among flies ... I wouldn\'t like to eat it either. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

No, honestly, giving SOE a musky scent makes sense, because it\'s a trigger scent, even though not comparable to real musk. What scent would you give a phero product instead ?

Banned User

Bruce talked about a Unscented SOE... I wonder how the progress in going......... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

On another note... I compared the scent of the 1/4 of SOE gel left with a SOE rollon I have and i\'ve come to the conclusion that the pack came rancid (I can smell the difference) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Banned User

I would try an unscented SOE in my new mix. Phantom would you rather have some A1 or more Anol in my AE/m+APC mix? it is working great, just wondering if either of the too would improve upon it even more.

**DONOTDELETE**

Give it no scent, so you can pick your own cover scent.

Folks,
    To tell the truth, I didn\'t think too much about posts concerning the smell of SOE until now. It has been around for quite a while and gotten nearly all raves. It it still one of my favorites and I keep a bottle in my day bag at all times. It does tend to ripen a bit as the day goes on, but nothing that comes even close to indole; just a mild aNONE sort of smell. So, that leads me to believe there might be something different about the latest shipment of gel packs and possibly even the last run of the bottles. The first run of gel packs lasted up until about a month ago, and I don\'t think I\'ve used any from the most recent batch. The bottle I have is still from the first batch as well and seems to be the same as ever. I do notice that bottles of any oily products (Primal, SOE etc) get a little rank on the outside where drips fall, but I haven\'t noticed anything getting foul on the inside. Could there be any difference between the product when it first came out and the most recent run of the product??? Anybody notice that? EG: somebody who was a big fan of SOE, used up his old bottle, got a new one, tried it and said: \"Whoa... this ain\'t the SOE I have been using!\" ???? That is what I am worried about.
    Bruce

Phero Dude

My SOE roll top bottle purchase was only a few weeks ago &amp; I haven\'t noticed any objectionable smell even after wearing it at work all day. Then again my sense of smell isn\'t the most sensitive. But I dont get the impression that anyone is avoiding me because of any foul smell. As far as I\'m concerned it is one of the better scents as far as standalone products are concerned. Although it would be nice if it came in an unscented version as well to facilitate mixing.

I made an order recently, and I will probably be receiving lastest SoE/Gel and I still have some old packages with me and that packages smell very nice to me. I think next days I will be receiving it from the mail. So,I can compare both
    like this, applying a new package and an old package in each hand. As soon as I obtain the results I comment again and I will give my opinion [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I would try an unscented SOE in my new mix. Phantom would you rather have some A1 or more Anol in my AE/m+APC mix? it is working great, just wondering if either of the too would improve upon it even more.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> Never tried A1, with all that cover scent AE/m+ APC is generating it would be safe to add some NPA into the mix.
    ------------
    Bruce, maybe you can contact jkohl and ask him if there has been a change of scent. They might of just changed some of the musk notes in it but they smell pretty much the same (the \"rancid\" one smells much stronger though) like I said, I never noticed the \"indole\" smell in it before it might just be an anomaly.

No change in formula; androstenol has been shown to alter levels of luteinizing hormone and mood in women (exactly what is desired and expected) Androsterone is repeatedly associated with masculine sexuality (a good association). I had one bottle of SOE go bad when I left it (after using 1/2 bottle) exposed to direct sunlight for several months (I forgot I set it on an exposed shelf). I also was able to see the bacterial contamination under the microscope. Normal use, including carrying it on the motorcycle for thousands of miles, never resulted in the change from -nol to -none, or evidence of bacterial contamination. I trust that Bruce will ensure proper quality control on the latest batch. It may only be a matter of some folks becoming super-sensitive due to repeated exposure. On the other hand, maybe we\'re on to some problem in manufacturing/storage, though this seems very unlikely.

Thread Information