Close

Journeyman

Default Wedding Ring Procedures

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Went web surfing for rings the other day and now that I think about it i\'m not real sure how to go about it.
    As far as the guy goes he doesnt wear a ring until he actually says \"I do\" right?
    And for the woman\'s ring.. She gets an engagement ring at proposal. After that I\'m unclear. Once she says \"I do\" at the alter do you just add on a wedding band to the engagement ring or does she get an entirely different ring? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Wedding Ring Procedures

Exactly like you said. She gets an engagement ring when you propose. At the wedding ceremony, you put wedding bands on each other. She puts on your wedding ring and you put on her wedding ring - on top of her engagement ring.

Most women switch the rings afterwards so the wedding band is on first, and then the engagement ring. That\'s because the engagement ring is typically a diamond or a ring with some kind of precious stone in it, that has to be sent to the jeweler periodically for cleaning and to check the prongs, etc. So that way she never has to take her wedding ring off her finger and she can still have her diamond serviced.

Journeyman

Default Re: Wedding Ring Procedures

Thanks Red, as always, you got what i\'m lookin fer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thread Information