Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever,but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.
- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

I\'ve never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.
- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can\'t help but cry. I mean I\'d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.
- Mariah Carey, pop singer

\"I\'m not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.\"
- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

The police are not here to create disorder. They\'re here to preserve disorder.\"
- Former Chicago mayor Daley during the infamous 1968 Democratic Party convention

I haven\'t committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.
- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
- Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before
- Former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Traditionally, most of Australia\'s imports come from overseas
- Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery

We\'re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

\"It\'s like an Alcatraz around my neck.\"
- Boston mayor Menino on the shortage of city parking spaces

They\'re multi-purpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off.
- Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1,000 for an ordinary pair of pliers

I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn\'t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.
- Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle

It isn\'t pollution that\'s harming the environment. It\'s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
- Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle

The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It\'s only the people who make them unsafe.
- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia

Smoking kills. If you\'re killed, you\'ve lost a very important part of your life.
- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

The president has kept all of the promises he intended to keep.
- Clinton aide George Stephanopolous speaking on \"Larry King Live\"

That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I\'m just the one to do it.
- A congressional candidate in Texas

Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.
- General William Westmoreland, during the war in Viet Nam

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]