Close

Default Does NPA work well in atomizer with cologne??

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Just ordered some NPA. Being alcohol based, I assume it will work well in an atomizer with a cologne. Is that correct?
    Any ideas for the ratio of cologne to NPA? I use a fairly strong smelling cologne, Xerious Rouge, and I usually use just one spray of it. How much NPA should I add to the atomizer so that I get enough \'mones with the single shot?
    Thanks!

Banned User

Default Re: Does NPA work well in atomizer with cologne??

You don\'t need to mix anything [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], just apply 1 or 2 drops of NPA on yourself, then spray on the amount of cologne you find appropriate. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

NPA works fine when mixed with cologne. I would start out with low amounts of NPA, maybe 2 parts NPA to 8 cologne, or 3 parts NPA to 7 cologne and work your way up. I wouldn\'t use more than two perhaps three sprays at the most. Watch out though it will probably change the way the cologne smells.

Banned User

Fill the atomizer half way with colonge, then add 20 drops of NPA and that will exact ratio of 5:1 (1 Drop = .05ML, 20 drops equal 1 ML, the atomizer is exactly 10ML, half is 5ML which is filled with cologne and another 1ML of NPA makes it 5:1) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Look Below [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

Just went to the bath room, filled the Atomizer with water and sprayed until it was empty. It sprayed exactly 65 times, 10ML divided by 65 is .153846, each spray spray\'s .153846ML\'s, 1 drop = .05ML, there\'s around 3 drops per spray. 120 drops = 6ML, theres a total of .48MG of pheromones in that 6ML\'s, 3 drops of NPA diluted 5:1 (5ML:1ML) equals into .012MG per spray.
    -------------
    Conclusion
    -------------
    1 Spray (3 Drops) of NPA diluted into cologne 5:1 (5ML:1ML) Equals = .012MG Pheromones

Which means you can safely spray yourself 3 times which would equal to .036MG of pheromones, which is the typical below OD dose [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just did a little math. If you wanted a pretty good dose of pheros (.03mg) with one shot, you should mix NPA with your cologne at 1 part NPA and 2.2 parts cologne. I know that sounds strong, but if you figure that the atomizer sprayer (TE\'s sprayer it at .13 ml) puts out .20ml and NPA is at .48 mg/ml, a straight NPA spray would give you .096 mg of pheros and the recommended amount is .03mg of phero. so a 1:2.2 ratio should be fine. Keep in mind, this is only 1 spray! If you use two, you\'ll probably OD. But if your cologne is so strong you can only use one, I guess that what ya gotta do!
    BTW, keep in mind that a FULL finger drop of NPA puts out .048 mg of phero. One from the bottle is probably half that.

Banned User

you are wrong, theres 20 drops in a ML, 1ML equals .48MG of pheromones, divide that by 20 and you\'ll get .024MG per drop.

Hmm, interesting. So I over estamated the sprayer on the atomizer. If you read his post though, he only wants 1 spray. So if you divide your ratio by 3 (1:5 NPA:COLOGNE), puts him at a 1:1.6 ratio. Higher than my estimate!

Also, a 5ml bottle of NPA contains 2.4mg of pheros, not .48mg. 1 ML of that bottle would contain .48mg [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Check your post...you said \"theres a total of .48MG of pheromones in that 6ML\'s\"

Banned User

Also check out http://webdevxs.cobre.k8.com.br/pms/pherosimulator/index.php and put 1 drop of npa, you will get .024MG.

Phantom, thanks for the little experiment, thats helpful info.

Yeah, you are right on the amount in a drop...but I didn\'t figure that in to my results. I used .2ml/spray. Not 3 drops per spray.

Either way, he needs to put in 3 times that amount to get one dose with one spray. I over estimated the size of an atomizer spray. That\'s why my number is more diluted than yours. My ratio would have been 1:6.6 (yours was 1:5) if I wanted the man to spray on 3 sprays of cologne.

Banned User

I think 5:1 is the best ratio, because NPA REQUIRES that much cologne to keep you from smelling like cat piss, 1 spray on neck, 1 on chest and 1 on croch would be perfect [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah I\'m with Phantom.

He will be fine with 2 sprays, surely? No cologne can be that strong [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. If it is then maybe he should dilute it first.

I use 2 parts NPA to 5 parts cologne (actually I put in slightly more cologne) in an atomizer. I am currently using Hugo Boss in Motion and it smells pretty good at that ratio. I have not OD\'d at that ratio that I\'m aware of. I am going to get another atomizer and experiment with Pasha by Cartier.

Stranger

Hi all
    I used NPA mixed with Cologne in the same ratio (1:5) suggested by Phantom. The cologne I used was CK Escape for Men but got no results. Have since tried adding chem set -rone, will keep you posted.
    I also mixed some NPA with RM and SoE (1:3:3) and mixed that with CK Be, same mone:scent ratio as above, and this got much better results, so perhaps Escape does not lend itself so well to mixing with NPA.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Just ordered some NPA. Being alcohol based, I assume it will work well in an atomizer with a cologne. Is that correct?
    Any ideas for the ratio of cologne to NPA? I use a fairly strong smelling cologne, Xerious Rouge, and I usually use just one spray of it. How much NPA should I add to the atomizer so that I get enough \'mones with the single shot?
    Thanks!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Depends on the definition of \"enough \'mones\", of course.

Assuming the \"65 shots per 10 ml\" atomizer of the previous experiment:

a dilution of 1 part NPA to 6.4 parts cologne would deliver .010 mg pheros per shot.

Those pheros would contain .005 mg none + .005 mg \"secret ingredients\".

Likewise,

1 part NPA + 2.7 parts cologne = 0.020 mg / shot

1 part NPA + 1.5 parts cologne = 0.030 mg / shot.

I use the 0.010 mg dose, but others here have good results with higher doses.

BassMan,

You wrote, \"Those pheros would contain .005 mg none + .005 mg \"secret ingredients\".\"

This is the second time today I\'ve seen a ratio of A-None:secret ingredients listed for a LaCroy product. The other was Watcher in reference to TE.

I\'ve always thought that the formula was totally unknown to us and that anything about any ratios or ingredients in TE or NPA (other than the presence of SOME quantity of A-None) has been hearsay.

I\'ve also always thought that these products were predominantly A-None with only a small quantity of \"secret ingredients\".

If I\'m wrong please link me to the information. Thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BassMan,

You wrote, \"Those pheros would contain .005 mg none + .005 mg \"secret ingredients\".\"

This is the second time today I\'ve seen a ratio of A-None:secret ingredients listed for a LaCroy product. The other was Watcher in reference to TE.

I\'ve always thought that the formula was totally unknown to us and that anything about any ratios or ingredients in TE or NPA (other than the presence of SOME quantity of A-None) has been hearsay.

I\'ve also always thought that these products were predominantly A-None with only a small quantity of \"secret ingredients\".

If I\'m wrong please link me to the information. Thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I swore a saw a discussion recently where it was more or less confirmed that TE/NPA were 50% none, 50% secret ingredents. After making the post you quoted, I went back and searched for the reference. I couldn\'t find it. Whether I was dreaming, nuts, or the reference was removed by a moderator because it shouldn\'t have been openly discussed in the first place, I dunno.

But, since I can\'t find it, I\'ll just retract the above statement. Sorry for the confusion.

Banned User

Bassman, there have been discussions about this some time ago I believe. Some of the established L-S members said we have some reason to believe the ratio -none : secret ingredients is indeed 1 : 1.

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bassman and franki,

It may well be that what we have here is a \"Watcherism\".
    I don\'t think that I really need to define that. Do I? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

&lt;chuckle&gt;

\"Watcherism\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

upsidedown

I swore a saw a discussion recently where it was more or less confirmed that TE/NPA were 50% none, 50% secret ingredents. After making the post you quoted, I went back and searched for the reference. I couldn\'t find it. Whether I was dreaming, nuts, or the reference was removed by a moderator because it shouldn\'t have been openly discussed in the first place, I dunno.

You\'re not wrong. I also read a post recently by Bruce where he did indeed state that about 1/2 the phero content is -none. I don\'t have a link to it...but I read that as well.

upsidedown,

You were correct, as were all the others who remembered Bruce posting that information.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB3&amp;Number=49477& amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=Bruce%20NPA%20half& amp;Match=And&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Ol d=allposts&amp;Main=49455&amp;Search=true#Post4947 7

My apologies to all, but especially to Watcher . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thread Information