Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default DON\'T put pheros in spray/atomizer bottles!!?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    According to the Athena Institute, \"pheromones should not be put in spray/atomizer type bottles in order to prevent evaporation and product waste.\"

Is that true?

Do pheros really evaporate up and through the spray mechanisms in spray bottles?

Thanks.

Carlos [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default Re: DON\'T put pheros in spray/atomizer bottles!!?

Not really true, Attraction for instance comes in a spray bottle, so does the edge.

What can happen, also with colognes, is that the alcohol evaporates and so the amount of liquid is reduced. I don´t know if pheros themselves evaporate but I shouldn´t think so.

So of course you can put your pheros into atomizers without loosing them. Besides they always come with a cap of some sort.

I don´t know how the oil based products work in an atomizer, how difficult is it to spray them? Can anyone enlighten me on this one because I´m expecting AE in the post soon.

CJ

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: CJ01 ]

**DONOTDELETE**

AE is way too potent to use a atomizer on. It\'s a dab-on kind of product. You\'d go though the tiny AE bottle in no time if you sprayed it.

That said, APC is oil-based, and kind of thick and viscous -- I have a really hard time drawing it into my 1 ml syringe. However, I\'ve sprayed it through atomizers without any problems at all. The mist just isn\'t quite a finely dispersed as the alcohol products are.

Sadhu

Hve you tried mixing AE with something else and then tried spraying it? Would that work?
    CJ

Hello,

I don\'t know what the Athena institute would say that. Of course, in general spraying anything on is going to be a little wasteful as some of the mist doesn\'t reach its intended target, evaportes midflight or falls to the floor, but the pheromones are very oily and tenacious. They do not evaporate very quickly, certainly not thru the top of the bottle when it is not in use.

I think the waste they are talking about occurs during the actual process of spraying the product on.

Thanks,
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

Scientist, try using a larger needle. Maybe a 18 or 20 guage. Also, if you dont have that option, warm up the oil a bit with warm water (put the bottle with the cap on in warm water for a minute to lower viscosity.)

**DONOTDELETE**

CJ --

You could dilute AE and then spray it. Combine two parts of whatever (e-oil, etc) you\'re diluting it with to one part AE and you\'ve have a one-spray dose that\'s the same as 3 dabs of AE. Mix five parts to one part AE and you\'ll have a two-spray dose.

I don\'t know how well AE will mix with ethanol, since it\'s oil-based. I just dab it. I\'ve not had any obvious hits, but I really like the subtle smell and I guess I just have some sort of intuitive sense that it\'s helping.

Filo --

I stick with the fine-gauge needle, and just wait a long time. I\'m usually mixing APC with something ethanol based, and once it\'s mixed inside the syringe, it comes out easily.

Sadhu

Yeah scientist,
    I have been thinking about getting hold of some ethanol to mix oil products with, however I am gonna mix the AE with PF ( it´s alc based)first and see how that works. It seems like a good combo, at least on paper.

I have not smelled AE yet but from what everyone elses comments I reckon the two scents should blend together nicely.

CJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

CJ / Scientist -

If I remember correctly, both APC and AE list di-propylene glycol as one of the major ingredients. I not what you\'d call a perfume industry expert, but from the research I\'ve done, this compound is a major player in the manufacturing of perfumes. I believe that it acts as an emulsifier to allow the mixing of water/alcohol with oils. Similar to the way eggs act in the mixing of water/vinegar and oil to make mayonaise.

Therefore, you shouldn\'t have problems mixing ethanol with AE.

Just my $0.02 worth...

Thread Information