Close

Journeyman

Default pheromones and liver

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi,

Just to know....can pheromones be associated to high levels of liver enzymes?....anybody knows about this issue?

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: pheromones and liver

I would assume no, very little pheromone chemicals will actually enter the body and pass through the liver, and those amounts would be insignificant compared with everything else your liver has to process.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Do you mean that using pheros can have an effect on the liver or
    Do the liver enzymes have an effect on the bodys natural pheromone production?
    I don´t know the answer to either question I think...

Hey all:

I wouldn\'t worry about it. Mostly anything taken orally will affect the liver. Anything that is \"rubbed\" on the skin will have little to no affect.

Paul

Maybe Zap is worried about it because her or his blood tests are showing liver enzymes higher than the reference range without there being any obvious reason.

I am not a medical professional, but my understanding is that liver enzyme readings can be high for any number of reasons including the fact that the blood sat around for a real long time before the analysis was done. If you\'ve had a lingering cold that could do it as well.

I don\'t rule out pheromones causing it and I would love to know if anyone has any hard evidence either way (I doubt that they do).

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Once those enzymes are high at all, if not a result of the testing process, your liver needs some serious Tender Lovin Care. It\'s worth researching how to do. First get the doctor\'s info. My favorite liver support formula is called SAT, made by Thorne Research Products, and is equal amounts of milk thistle, artichoke, and tumeric. It is really noticeable how well it makes you feel and boosts your liver. (Everyone should have some on hand for morning after, etc.)There is an advanced formula called TAPS with a fourth ingredient (even better for protecting the liver, but a bit more pricey). Natural health professionals would know about it.

http://mlebowitz.homestead.com/PList.html

Here is a quote from a professional that uses it:

\"S.A.T. is a wonderful product for the liver. It is both hepatoprotective and hepatoregenerative and is composed of three herbs: a)Silybum marianum (milk thistle) - milk thistle is an incredible herb which prevents glutathione depletion in the liver caused by alcohol, chemicals, etc., inhibits leukotrienes and prostagiandin synthesis during inflammation, and prevents free radical damage as well as promoting the production of new liver cells to replace old damaged ones (we find milk thistle in this form to be more effective than in liquid tincture) b) Curcuma (Tumeric),- Tumeric is a potent anti-inflammatory agent (as effective as cortisone in acute inflammation) which prevents increases in SGOT and SGPT in inflammation and has hepatoprotective effects similar to milk thistle; c) Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) - Artichoke is another hepatoprotective and hepatoregenerative herb which in some cases has cholesterol and triglyceride lowering effects (we use S.A.T. on most patients at some point during their course of treatment - it usually shows after we have cleared fungal and food sensitivity involvement)
    1 cap 3x daily\"

http://www.thorne.com/

**DONOTDELETE**

Another tip worth its weight in gold. Thanks for that.

What do you know about pheromones and thrush? Is there any connection?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I know nothing about thrush.

Stranger

Thrush, or oral candidiasis, is a yeast infection of the mouth. It\'s normally caused by a weakened immune system from various diseases such as diabetes, HIV, and some thyroid conditions. It can also be caused by antibiotic use (by killing off the good bacteria in the system that normally kills yeast) and also from steroid use. Certain corticosteroids, both topical and inhaled I believe, have been known to cause oral thrush.

I don\'t know the specifics of the chemical makeup of pheromones, but if they are full fledged steroids, then I believe it\'s technically possible that they could cause thrush.

Any doctors (MD\'s that is) in the house who care to comment?

Maybe this discussion should actually be in the \"Health\" forum? Although I suppose the thrush and liver discussion does pertain to pheromones.

Thread Information