Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7

Thread: Vive La France

Enlightened One

Default Re: Another Way to Insult the French

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I think we the current french bashing roasted french would be a better description.

Banned User

Default Re: 1 In 3 French Want Iraq To Win

Yes, unfortunately there is quite a bit of \"Schadenfreude\" around here over the allied losses in this war ...

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Another thing in France is that there is a very large muslimic population. Politicians in France got to have an Arab-friendly policy when they want to get in parliament or government (with the exception of the Far Right of course).

In the not so far away future there could be more islamic than christian people in France ....

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

hot subject, Franki... there is no arab friendly policy in France, as there is no black or whoever friendly policy (ask them if a political decision is arab or... friendly ! you\'ll have the answer). But it\'s true we have old historical links with Maghreb countries, just as the germans have links with Turkey, England with India or Pakistan... and the americans with indians. That\'s all. You can\'t choose where you come from...
    There could be more islamic than christian people in France, that\'s true too - this is statistics. Islamic people are a lot more active and visible than christians. A huge exaggeration would be to say that France is an islamic country...
    But most french people (I have to be honest !) are racists and wouldn\'t want to have a black or arab husband for their daughter...

So I agree with you on some points, but I feel I have to give some precisions...

War is over - if you want it (John Lennon)
    Frenchie [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"But most french people (I have to be honest !) are racists and wouldn\'t want to have a black or arab husband for their daughter... \"

I just heard the British Home Secretary recommend that immigrants to the UK should marry locals to better assimilate.

Frankly, many western countries, the US included, have made a huge mistake in allowing and encouraging mass immigration. The social and political costs of creating large subgroups with little incentive to adopt the host country\'s ways threaten democratic cohesiveness. While my experience with working with and being neighbors with people who have recently come to America has been great on a personal level, on a broader scale we\'ve exceeded our rate of integrative capacity - too many, too fast.

The ones who have benefited have been the rich and the ones have pay the highest price are the indegenious poor. It\'s really cleverly disguised class warfare.

Phero Pro

I didn\'t realize there were so many muslims in France, that might explain the following two links:

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003150899,00.html>French smear Brit dead</a>

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5944-631671,00.html>One in three French backs Sadam</a>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7

Thread Information