Close

Phero Pro

Default Don\'t underestimate appearance

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Yeah you heard it a million times, get tight abs & get strong, but from what I\'ve experienced in the past week goes even further. I live in the NYC metro area & it\'s cold, some days down right freezing. It\'s tough to get hits unless you wear pheros in your hair when you are outside & that\'s only if they\'re downwind from you. Yeah you can have a great body, but no one will really notice under that bulky winter coat you are wearing. I did two things & I am astounded by the number of looks I\'m getting. Before I divulge, I also want to mention most everyone\'s complexion around here are pale as a ghost white.

1. I took Elana\'s advice & got some sunless tanner - Paula\'s Choice brand, almost the real thing, I think it cost like $20. JUST DON\'T DO YOUR HANDS!!!

2. If you are in a cold climate get yourself a nice snug jacket that shows off your bod. I pulled out this long tweed jacket that I had shelfed in my closet, took it to the dry cleaners & had them reinforce the 3 buttons & sew up the holy pockets. This thing is probably half a size too small for me, but it only shows on my upper body, chest-shoulders-back areas. It goes down to my shins, makes me look thinner then I actually am & projects that nice V-shape that women also seek. I took a detour on my way home tonight & instead of taking the bus I walked like 12 blocks to get some ZMA and any & every women I passed made prolonged eye contact with me, I was freaked out - even some guys were looking at me (egad).

I guess I should have listed the jacket first, previously I\'d wear this humungo sized leather jacket I got like 4 years ago, probably a few sizes too big for me plus it\'s an overcoat, but not so long, goes down to like my thighs. I think it\'s safe to say time to shelf that jacket for when I can fit into it. Lastly some might think it\'s the tan that\'s getting me the \"hits\" if you want to call it that, I\'ll agree that it certainly helps, but before I started wearing this jacket I did not get even a third of the looks I\'m getting now.

-B

Banned User

Default Re: Don\'t underestimate appearance

Sunless tanner = orange

Not NATURAL looking.

I don\'t care man, that sh** don\'t look natural. I used that [bad word] and looked like a damn carrot or something.

Oh yeah, it SAID it wouldn\'t make you orange, those BASTERDS!

Bart

Phero Dude

true..one of my friends tried that last spring break since he didnt have time to properly go to a salon...it looked \"fake\" to say the least...but maybe that was just the brand he used..who knows

Banned User

The stuff I used....Said it was supposed to be... Non-orange, and \"natural\" looking.

In fact, I was SIMULTANEOUSLY tanning for real. If I hadn\'t done that I REALLY would have been orange. Also, when I would sweat it would come of on my clothes. It\'s just crap.

Tanning = going to tan salon or laying in sun.

And, don\'t think the tanning salon is BETTER for you. In fact, they have shown that it is WORSE, although, I am not sure how it would be.

However, if you get little sun, you ALSO get cancer. I think the best thing to do is just to get enough to tan, but not enough to burn.

Who gets the most skin cancer?

Really dark blacks.

No Vitamin D and stuff.

Bart

Phero Pro

Marv & Sonny, believe me I don\'t look orange, if I did I have friends that would seize the opportunity to ridicule me. This stuff is the real deal, Elana has been experimenting with different sunless tanners for over a decade & she\'s tried about 60 different products. You guys have tried it probably once with some cheap @ss $h!+ Trust me on this one, just whatever you do DON\'T TRY TO DO YOUR HANDS. \'cause the stuff WILL NOT COME OFF for days & it looks like crap if you don\'t do it right. I\'ll try to get a pic of me in a week or so & you can judge for yourself.

Forgot to mention the \"Paula\" that owns the product/brand etc., has written books on sunless tanners, she originally discredited them saying they don\'t work, they make you look orange, then she came out with her own line & this stuff rocks.

Bart and Sonny- Don\'t say another word about this brand of sunless tanner until you have tried it.[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It gives you a gorgeous red/brown tan. Not even the slightest hint of orange.

Another huge factor is when you know you\'re looking good, you know that you can have whatever and whoever you want. Your confidence is through the roof.

Phero Dude

that products sounds pretty aight...I might give it a whirl. Since I have olive skin (im a mix of italian and a bit of hispanic) so I easily tan at salons...but your product sounds promising...

Phero Dude

read my post...never talked smack about the Paula brand...just crappy ones in general...

I know sweetie.[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I was just letting you guys know that this was a winner.

Phero Dude

i might give it a whirl for this Spring Break since Ive missed my tanning appointments...will report back if I do...

Phero Dude

\"Don\'t underestimate appearance\"

true dat !

also : Don\'t overestimate appearance !!!

character always wins over looks when it comes to lasting relationships. Will you stay with a girl if u notice she is too stupid to have a quality conversation with , eventhough she is a hottie ? No you will not.

Unfortunatly a good character will not get u laid as often as killer looks !

Combine both = Bada-bing We GoT a WiNNeR !!!!

Just looks + [bad word] charakter = lots of one-night-stands , however no longlasting fullfilling relationships !

Shitty Looks = Hardly ever getting laid + hardly ever get a chance to show your true inner self to other people.

Average looks + good charakter = Not as good combo as the first I mentioned , but still very good for ONS + relations !

Oh Elana , btw : Sure you are right bout the confidence super boost by realizing how good u look and that u can get anybody. Downside is , sometimes these very very good looking people are very very lonely. No real friends , and the only companion is the reflection of their \"narziss\" face in the mirror ! They think looks will do the job for them , no need to be a nice person within ! Turns out , they loose in the end , unless they meet anoother \"narziss\" person , then atleast they can dwell together in their misery and leave the other \"normal\" people alone [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I hear you TBiRD - I equate good appearance to having a quality resume it gets your foot in the door, just increase the number of \"applicants\" & you will find your match.

Enlightened One

Men = appearence is more body u can have a butt ugly face and women will still come to u. Ugly looking male faces are more likley to get female hotties to do them and stay with them. The pretty boys look gay so women avoid them to feminine also they prefer the testostrone high look.

Women = facial features and ass legs and boobs are the thing.

Although a good smell overrides all that, fitness is important, i am one that looks for character as well as 6+ in the looks department. Just as long as they do some exercise and are active - otherwise she will be one down the track unmotivated probably wants 3+ kids and fat ass and sit around watching TV doing nothing. The ones i avoid like the plague.

Im work out heavily so i prefer women with a decent fit body also. But she has to be nice and not an attention whore also.

Living in the sunshine state my tan is perfect and we have just gone into autumn and daytime temps are still 30C plus , yay dont have to fork out for tanning lotions but they are a good idea for colder climates.

the only reason why some women don\'t like pretty boys is because then the girl honestly feels that he has these nicer features than he does. A women doesn\'t want to feel like that. Now what was the name of the tanner? Paula\'s Choice it is called?

I use neutrogena, mixed with regular lotion. I mean it is winter, nobody should look to tan. Just some color helps.

Phero Dude

Very well said. Substance is what matters to me - I\'d much rather be with someone I can actually have a conversation with. Looks are important to a degree, but I\'d rather be with someone \"plainer looking\" (by society\'s standards) than with a gorgeous lady who it\'s like pulling teeth to actually talk about anything meaningful [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

Take this point of view and try to think of it from a womens point of view.
    What are they attracted to in a man in relation to body look and facial symmetry. Now what we men want in women but what gets a women hooked to a man long term.
    I always get responses to these posts that say what we guys want. Not what WOMEN go for in us men to get them to have sex with us over and over and over.
    Performance is a big factor to what they will go for in future.

I haven\'t tried \"Paula\'s Choice\", but I can recommend a really nice fake tanner. I followed a recommendation from Rolling Stone (unbiased) and tried out the Clinique for Men\'s Non-Streak Bronzer. It has a very realistic brownish tint (no orange), doesn\'t streak, and generally works perfectly.

Clinique for Men\'s Non-Streak Bronzer is available online.
    http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/products.tmpl?CATEGORY_NAME=Extra%20Help&SUPER CAT_NAME=Mens

A lot of people love the Clinique Body Self Tanning Lotion Dark. I have never tried it, but I plan to. I didn\'t know that Clinique made one just for men.

The Clinique I just mentioned is a better deal then the one for men. The only difference from what I can see is that the one for men is a gel rather than a lotion, and gels go on easier. Hairy men may prefer the consistency of a gel better than a lotion, but the tanner for men\'s tube is 1/2 the size as the regular Clinique tanner

The one you recommended is not a self tanner, but a bronzer. Bronzers are very nice, but they wash off.

Thread Information