Close

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default The World\'s Greatest Perfume

You all wanted an answer to the question of the finest perfume, and here mine is.

Amouage.

I\'m almost finished saving my money for it, but have already gone through a few samples. This perfume, whether the men\'s or women\'s formula, is to die for.

A perfume of kings and queens, speaking literally, it is devastating as a romanic attractant. It is virtually flawless.

It is almost purely natural, if not absolutely so, and contains all the finest and rarest substances of perfuming, including the finest and rarest silver frankincense, myrrh, rock rose, jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, peach, and lily of the valley. It contains real civet, ambergris, and deer musk (the ancient, mystical aphrodisiac combination), and the finest versions of these! The animal fixatives give the perfume incredible lasting power.

Its powdery, musky finish is the perfect complement for all pheromones. For those of you that think there is some kind of magic to the baby powder scent, this is sorcery indeed!

It is in a different class altogether than any of the perfumes or colognes discussed in this forum (not that some of those aren\'t excellent). The formula was 2000 years in the making. The new Dia version (which is not even my favorite version for men) has been called \"the greatest accomplishment in the history of perfuming\" by experts, partially because it took 200 years just to get this certain kind of rose into it in just the right way when the prized rose was a certain number of minutes old. Many of the finest cathedrals and temples use it for ceremonies.

Amouage, which means something like \"waves of emotion\" in French, was commisioned by the Sultan of Oman to revive the lost perfuming tradition of the region. The Sultan told one of the greatest French Masters, who had created perfumes fo Chanel, Hermes, and others, to \"spare no expense.\" So he didn\'t.

At $200.00 a pop, it is a bargain. The company loses money on it at this price, but continues to offer it out of respect for the tradition. For men I like the original version for attracting women, and for women I like either the original version, or the \"Dia\" version; which is for day wear and has a more prominent rose note.

The original bottles are made of gold. It is for the most special of occasions. You will smell very rich, in both senses of the word.

By the way, since this the phero forum, I should note that the first time I wore it, a 38 year old woman I never met before invited me back to her house after an hour long conversation. She mauled me with sloppy kisses as soon as we walked through the door, and told me she wanted to lick me all over. She kept jamming her nose against my wrists swooning over the smell (\"Ooooohmygaaaawd!\"), so I think the perfume had a lot to do with it. I left with my pants intact out of not wanting to hurt her feelings down the road, but she had already left a message on my machine by the next morning asking me out. By the way, I discovered later I was wearing the women\'s version.

Oh, and here is the link, in case anybody is interested:

http://www.amouage.com/
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 12-01-2004 at 12:15 PM.

Got this email today from Wendy. I

think Gold and Dia are on sale:

I would just like to take this opportunity of emailing you to inform you that

the special offer at our online boutique http://www.amouage.com/ has now changed and we have two

products available for sale at an amazing discount for our internet customers only. Please be advised that these

prices are only applicable to our online purchases and will not be available on the high street. Stocks of these

items are extremely limited and all orders will be served on a first come first served basis only.

Secondly

we have added a few alternative presentations of our boxed samples for your convenience. These sets are a stunning

presentation of our fragrances whether you require the full range, ladies only or gents only there is a set for

you.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to being of service to you again

shortly

Kindest regards
    Wendy

Wendy Hewitson
    European Sales Manager

Amouage

Europe Ltd
    Rosehill Business Centre
    Normanton Road
    Derby DE23 6RH
    U K

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    Got this email today

from Wendy. I think Gold and Dia are on sale:
    You are correct. Gold and Dia are on sale. 90 Eu for the

ladies purse sizes and 282 Eu for the ladies 50ml bottles. Sadly, I don't see anything for us guys.

On a

related note, I did manage to score a 10 ml decant for Silver Cristal for some $10 a few months back. The stuff is

like heaven in a bottle, to my nose. I didn't care for Gold, but then, I'm a 30 year old. I have class and

sophistication coming out the butt when I need it, but even I can't pull that one off at my age.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music." --Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

I'll say it again "NOTHING" can beat

this stuff.
    I used it two weeks ago on a blind date and got some action the same day.
    Thats 3 for 4 if anyone

is keeping score, added 2 drops of SOE she was sniffing me like a police dog.
    I used it last week with and old

friend and she started to joke asking me if I was available for booty calls.
    I have a date with a Vietnamese girl

on Saturday and you can bet your life that I will be wearing Amouage in my panty dropper mix.

DCW

Quote Originally Posted by DCW
    I'll say it again

"NOTHING" can beat this stuff.
    I used it two weeks ago on a blind date and got some action the same day.
    Thats

3 for 4 if anyone is keeping score, added 2 drops of SOE she was sniffing me like a police dog.
    I used it last

week with and old friend and she started to joke asking me if I was available for booty calls.
    I have a date with

a Vietnamese girl on Saturday and you can bet your life that I will be wearing Amouage in my panty dropper

mix.
    Which one are you using?
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Which one are you

using?
    The box said Silver Men, but I have a feeling it was Gold EDT because it smells very similiar

to the Gold that I already have. It was a new tester that I bought at half price so there was no lable

markings.

DCW

Journeyman

##########
    Last edited by Have_Courage; 01-15-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Phero Pharaoh

Looks like more American

perfumeries are now offering Amouage products.

http://www.amouage.com/englishweb/amouage/us_canada

.htm

anyone have any idea where to

find this product on some website. I tried the perfumehouse they want 205 !! thats crazy. I want to make a christmas

gift to myself. Anyone have any hot spots for this.

Journeyman

##########
    Last edited by Have_Courage; 01-15-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Have_Courage
    I have read

from post#1 till here. IMHO, Pheros by DST and Amouage are both outstanding scents. As appreciating scents is an

acquired taste, I'm not so sure if I will ever wear it in S.E. Asia. People here don't seem to appreciate complex

scents as they're probably not used to the limited exposure as opposed to those heavily advertised scents. I will

try to get the samples for my own collection though. It's pricey but worth it.

Have_Courage
    I think

Amouage Dia would be welcomed even in Southeast Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcrazyd
    anyone have any

idea where to find this product on some website. I tried the perfumehouse they want 205 !! thats crazy. I want to

make a christmas gift to myself. Anyone have any hot spots for this.

I'm not so sure. I searched

for hours looking for a cheaper price for the Dia version. I couldn't find it for less than $205. I ended up buying

it from www.parfumsraffy.com for $215. Got it in the mail today, and I must say the scent is absolutely

godlike. This is going to be a real attention getter from the ladies

So, I'm getting ready to break

down and buy some Amouage this week (probably tonight if I can get out of work early enough to make it to Parfums

Raffy before they close).

My last question is do I get Dia or Gold? I like the smell of Dia better, but if

women like Gold better I should probably get that. Gold is too soapy and powdery for my taste, but I'm not buying

it for me but for women (and I'm not expecting any life changing experience).

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

You know, honestly, I might like

the woman's gold the best on me. So I'd just try them all and pick the one you like on yourself, but also

solicit feedback from others.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

I think you'll like Dia better,

that's my next purchase.

DCW

People generally favor DIA. Gold may

have more pheromone analogs in it. Tough choice.

I may buy the Gold after I get my

samples in the mail. Dia will blow you away. It's definitly the most sophisticated and enchanting fragrance that's

ever graced my nostrils. I'm certain the ladies are going to love it. I bought this exclusively for parties and for

social events where I'm going to be around a lot of girls. But I'm going to test it out at work tommorow. Thanks

for introducing this to us, Doc.

Amouage recently sent out a press

release which mentioned how it has become a hot topic on internet forums. All do to Doc. The man got his gold

nabbed from his car and doesn't even have it anymore, but he certainly started a revolution.

Dia has become my daily staple

and I am constantly getting comments about the fragrance. If you can spring for the expense - it's definitely

worth it.

Krypto.... How many sprays do you use

and where do you apply?

Default Fuse

2-3 sprays. One on the

wrists rubbed together; one on the chest and/or the neck. It tends to linger a long time - although I have freshened

it (one short spray) after a long day of work.

BTW - for those looking to buy, the salesperson remarked that the

GOLD lasts longer. It has a much fuller/heavier scent.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by kryptogram
    BTW - for

those looking to buy, the salesperson remarked that the GOLD lasts longer. It has a much fuller/heavier

scent.
    Interesting. I can still smell the Dia when I get into the shower the next day, so Dia (at my

usual 4-6 sprays) lasts at least 24 hours on me. And it seems to spread itself around. I have been told a number

of times that my baby niece smells like me whenever I wear the Dia.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    I have been

told a number of times that my baby niece smells like me whenever I wear the Dia.
    My wife said something

similar the first time I wore it - but it has definitely grown on her.

I went to Parfums Raffy and

sprayed Dia on one wrist and Gold on the other. Hours later the Gold didn't loose any of it's strength but the Dia

was somewhat diminished.

I was actually trying to get the Gold off (because I like Dia better) with a paper

towel and water and it still didn't seem to lessen.

Gold has heavier notes, more basenotes.

That is the reason why it appeals to less people I guess. Dia is lighter. I think young women - and men - much

favor the dia.

There's never much talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more

about those.

There's never much

talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more about those.
    My samples we'll be

arriving in a couple of days - so I'll report back then -

Phero Pharaoh

I didn't mean to imply I

thought the Dia would last as long as or longer than the Gold. I just meant to point out that Dia lasts a very long

time. I can imagine Gold would be a very strong scent on the basis of the comparison.

There's never

much talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more about those.
    Well, a young

sales girl at Etoile in Houston kept trying to get me to buy the Ciel this year, but I stayed with Dia because I do

like it better and because Ciel reminded me of Creed, which I already have.

This sure has been an

interesting read ...I see many people from the forum here have sent for and received samples. Did any of you ever

pay for your samples or did you all get them for free? even no shipping costs?

On the

www.amouage.com site I see the samples cost from 18 to 25 Euro.. I will not be buying the fragrance this

year, because with such a high price I would have to add 24% norwegain taxes to it.. which would make it even more

expensive If I've understood it correct the Australian customs aren't as bad as in Norway, so I will

consider buying it when I get down under, but until then it would be great to get a sample and see if it really is

to my liking.. I really don't have much experience with perfumes and my nose isn't really good, but I do love the

smell of Chikara

Anyways, did everyone get the samples for free and is there some way to still

get them for free, or is my best shot to order the samples at 18 Euro? (if so I will wait till I get to Australia

and don't have to pay extra taxes on it..)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking
    This sure has been an

interesting read ...I see many people from the forum here have sent for and received samples. Did any of you ever

pay for your samples or did you all get them for free? even no shipping costs?

On the

www.amouage.com site I see the samples cost from 18 to 25 Euro.. I will not be buying the fragrance this

year, because with such a high price I would have to add 24% norwegain taxes to it.. which would make it even more

expensive If I've understood it correct the Australian customs aren't as bad as in Norway, so I will

consider buying it when I get down under, but until then it would be great to get a sample and see if it really is

to my liking.. I really don't have much experience with perfumes and my nose isn't really good, but I do love the

smell of Chikara

Anyways, did everyone get the samples for free and is there some way to still

get them for free, or is my best shot to order the samples at 18 Euro? (if so I will wait till I get to Australia

and don't have to pay extra taxes on it..)

They stopped shipping free supplies

because of the demand.
    At least that's what I'm lead to believe.

DCW

Oki

Guess I'll wait

till I travel then, and if possible I'll get to the shop in london and smell it (i've got 9 hours waiting on

the airport or something).

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information