Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: The World\'s Greatest Perfume

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Thanks BM

Journeyman

I received my bottle of Amouage Gold for Women three hours ago. Sneaked off into the bedroom and sprayed two sprays. Wow! It\'s heavenly and very very rich. Waited about 20 minutes before coming out into living room where S/O was working on his taxes to give it a little time to not overwhelm him. He hates practically every cologne in the world!

I didn\'t mention anything, didn\'t approach him, but instead just went about doing my normal routine. I knew I was near enough he could smell the scent now and then. He kept stopping what he was doing and coming around me leaning in close and asking me if I\'d like to go out to dinner tonight instead of cooking and just being almost flirty. Then he tried to go back to his work and I went about my business but. . .he just finally blurted out \"I can\'t concentrate because I want to f--k you\". . .

He\'s an oversexed kind of guy anyway so it is not a clear indication of the effect of the perfume but my instincts tell me it is this time. He was hellbent and determined to get all his tax work done today and we\'d already played this morning.

He is napping now. . . and I am sharing this info with you guys before I get ready to go out to dinner!

I feel absolutely rich, wild and exotic in this scent.

Six hours ago I had put on 1 drop of NPA/w, dab of PI/w and a little bit of PCC along with a drenching of Burt\'s Bees Apricot Baby Oil (thanks Elana!) So there are \"mones\" enhancement happening here with the cologne I am sure.

DrSmellThis, thanks so much for the info. I have been searching for the \"one\" cologne for me. This is it.

Banned User

\"went about my business but. . .he just finally blurted out \"I can\'t concentrate because I want to f--k you\". . .\"
    -----------
    lol, sounds like a hit [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

WOMAN!!!

Where ya been babe?

Journeyman

in bed with a kinky pervert. . .

**DONOTDELETE**

My girl! That\'s my girl! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Journeyman

We love you Renee!

Phero Enthusiast

Does Dia have the same effect as Gold? I have a bottle of Dia, I like the smell better but I\'m wondering if it is as effective in hits as Gold?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I think there\'s a trade off there. Dia is still effective, is better for the day, and will generate hits; but the Gold is the heavyweight in terms of aphrodisiac power.

Congrats on finding one you like! What a great hit story!

Phero Enthusiast

Which type(s) of natural musk have you found to be most effective? Any comments on the better synthetics? (R)-(-)-muscone, muscolides, galaxolides, etc?

Deer musk is best, but there are other natural musks (goat, zdravets, etc) that all have their uses. Civet is great too. Ambergris is not technically a musk.

Deer musk is best, but there are other natural musks (goat, zdravets, etc., which are less sweet and drier) that all have their uses. Civet is great too. Ambergris is not technically a musk but is wonderful when of decent quality.

All the synthetics have their place, but are woefully inadequate when isolated, in my opinion. Complex tends to be better, as a rule of thumb. The ones I like smell the nastiest, as a rule. Any of them are cool. There is one called animalis I like, which smells like nasty sweat. I\'d love to get some more of that. Ambrettolide is nice, but real ambrette seed is nicer. I have liked galaxolide in the past, but haven\'t used it in a while. Some I used to use I forget the names of. I need to smell a bunch of them again to bring my memory back. Muscone is a pretty basic one to have.
    I like using some of the woody notes for a pleasant musky effect. If bruce had a perfumer\'s license, I\'d discuss bringing on board some pheromone analogues from perfumery. If any of you all have connections, PM me.

I just prefer real musk. That is what I use, as well as ambrette, costus, valerian, etc.

Why do you ask?

I found this article quite entertaining.

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_52/b3713168.htm>http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_52/b3713168.htm</a>

Phero Enthusiast

&gt; Why do you ask?

I\'m just too damned curious, and can\'t stop messing with things and trying to increase my understanding of them. I have some concern about the way wild civets are dealt with in Ethiopia, so would probably want to steer clear of civet (and ambergris, for similar reasons), but otherwise I\'m open to pretty much all possibilities. I don\'t see any reason to limit things to a couple dozen synthetic isolates, whether we\'re talking muscone or androstenol, so I also tinker with complex organics (e.g. copulins based on valerian extract and white vinegar rather than glacial acetic, valeric and isovaleric acids). It\'s a shotgun approach, and a lot of stuff in the blend is going to be inert, but nature\'s tendency to put synergistic combinations together makes me think that it\'s usually a good thing to try. Natural ingredients may also be cheaper and/or easier to get, as in the case of acetic acid vs. vinegar. Buying enough reagent-grade copulins to do tests with wipes out my hobby fund for the week, and leaves me with a litre or two of EW equivalent. How many lifetimes would it take for someone to use a litre of EW? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] So I have no problem with paying $1 for a litre of natural, 5% acetic acid instead of $19 and a two-week wait for 500 ml. of the pure stuff. It was going to get diluted anyway.

If you ever throw together a fragrance which you consider to be something special, in terms of combining natural pheromone-like substances and great smell, I\'d love to hear about it or even get some from you (since buying small quantities of some components is hard, I don\'t want to get a 55-gallon barrel!).

Some of the pheromone companies could use a little help in the fragrance department too, I spend more time trying to figure out how to cover up my scented pheromones than my unscented ones. I\'d take the smell of a little -nol over a cheap scented oil any day, but would be even happier with a great smelling pheromone cologne that had some natural helpers thrown in.

I didn\'t even know that perfumery required a license, but I\'ll be keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes that one will show up.

Enlightened One

Here is my ideal mix
    10% Anone
    40% ANol
    10% Arone
    20% WAGG
    10% A1
    10% EW (400:1 water dilution)

Limited testing by myself has yielded sex last night at a party i went to, just got home thought id let everyone know how it went very well.

To all the ladies following this thread, I received an email from Wendy this morning advertising the special below. It\'s not on the amouage website, so you\'d probably have to email her with a request to order the purse size. Sorry gentlemen, no specials on the male versions that I know of.... one more reason why it\'s so great to be a woooooman...W-O-M-A-N, I\'ll say it again. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

NEW for Spring 2003
    Luxury Purse Sprays from the
    House of Amouage
    All the luxury and elegance of Amouage’s classic Gold and Dia fragrances will be available from March 2003 in convenient Purse Spray flacons. Now customers, throughout Europe and the USA, can indulge themselves in the richness and splendour of Amouage, anytime and anywhere.
    These famous fragrances are richly presented in 24-carat gold and pink gold plated cylindrical bottles, designed to reflect the domed cap of the full size versions.
    Amouage Purse Sprays are designed to represent convenience and modernity whilst retaining all the Arabian ultra luxury and splendour Amouage is renowned for.
    The Amouage Purse Sprays for ladies are presented in the following variations
    Amouage Gold Perfume 10ml £61.00
    Amouage Gold EDT 10ml £35.00
    Amouage Dia pour femme EDT 10ml £35.00
    Should you wish to place an order or require any further assistance please contact us at the following
    Tel: (0044) 01332 344264
    Fax: (0044) 01332 344262
    email: admineurope@amouage.com
    www.amouage.com

If you like natural copulins, try cumin oil sometime. Be warned, it\'s as strong as straight EW.

Basically what you\'re talking about is just perfumery.

A great copulin formula could be achieved combining cumin, ylang, rose, jasmine, coriander, valerian oil, clary sage, ambrette, cistus, honey oil, benzoin, and vetiver, using less of the stronger things. If you tell anyone, I\'ll have to shoot you, however. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Ah, finally a plan for using those Madini essences...

Care to lay a male equivalent on us too? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I have a lot of sandalwood and such which cost me dearly... black musk and gazelle musk from those Moroccan sufis...

&gt; Basically what you\'re talking about is just perfumery.
    Well, sure. Pheromones, unlicensed perfumery (or should I say licentious perfumery?), what\'s the difference? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I really like the scent of the Gold &amp; Dia, very very natural smelling.

Didn\'t get too many hits wearing them though, perhaps I need to apply them more liberally, but somehow I think I put enough on (spray on chest, 1 behind each ear &amp; 1 shared between wrists).

This stuff definitely grows on you, it\'s not a priority for me to pickup, maybe this summer when scents tend to travel more easily I\'ll revisit how much cash I can blow on it.

Going to have some girls I know try the women\'s versions tonight provided I don\'t have to work again until midnight (that\'s why I can post this AM, got the AM off).

Journeyman

Did you wear mones as well?

Phero Pro

Yep, but the point I was making was even when I had women come right up to my neck to smell it, they were not overly impressed, they just said it smelled nice, even when I gave them the sales/marketing pitch of it being the most expensive perfume/cologne in the world &amp; some of the ingredients cost $3,000 a gram for a batch. Unless that set unrealistic expectations, either way, I have better luck with Angel/m &amp; Realm/m.

I\'ll probably pick up the Bel Amis by Hermes next.

Young women typically expect to get hit immediately with an overly sweet, fresh, aromatic, perfect, artificial, smelling cologne, as are the more popular ones. The all-natural Amouage can be an acquired taste for them too. Think of MacDonalds versus gourmet food. The Big Mac might taste better at first, but you eventually learn which food is better.

That said, just because a perfume is great as a creation does not mean that you will like it the best, or like it on yourself.

**DONOTDELETE**

It sounds to me like what it has going for it is naturalness and subtlety, which is perfect for intimate situations, but as DrST was saying, we\'re used to being hit over the head with a strong, identifiable (that\'s Curve! That\'s Boss! etc) scent.

So something that sneaks up on you may not impress at first.

But those are the scents that stay in your mind the most, somehow. I used to know this girl who had a small vial of patchouli she bought in Morocco and she would put one dab on her neck every day, no more no less. It drove me nearly crazy. That\'s the only girl I ever had a crush on, and a lot of it was that faintest whisper of good patchouli -- until she finally showed me the bottle, I could never quite figure out if that was just how she smelled, was it her soap, was it ... what??

That subtle whiff of something delicious is a huge tease.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, Bassman, that was good.

Journeyman

Does anyone know if Amouage Dia is strong enough to cover the more smellier mones (Like TE)?

...thought I\'d bump up the original thread for newer folks wondering about the perfume; and so we can combine threads back into this one -- thus saving Bruce\'s forum from being taken over by multiple threads on an external product.

Please post here on Amouage.

Incidentally, shyguy, the Dia covers Edge quite well.

Journeyman

Thanks for the answer. And thanks for pointing us to these great perfumes!

Phero Pro

Hmm .... you\'ve been right again Doc .. Amouage already grew on me ... and I really love it now [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. I just applied to much to my chest area and got hammered close to unconciousness by the top and mid notes. You can spray it more liberate to the wrist\'s and/or neck area, which I suggest because it leaves a nice Amber/Musk scent as soon as the top levels fade (ok ok ... this takes some time in this case I know, but it\'s worth to wait).
    I gave my neck a good spray one morning and in the evening I had my GF sitting behind me while watching a movie. She rested her chin from behind on my shoulder and started to \"eat\" my neck ... and something else afterwards. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Ok, I know, this is nothing sooo unusual, but she wanted to see this movie for weeks, this isn\'t often the case, but once she gets so fixed on a movie ... nothing .. nothing is able to distract her, besides burning her hair with a torch maybe (didn\'t try that).

I had applied 2 drops P10 1:2 solution about the same time in the morning, I don\'t think they still had an effect (about 15h later).

Phero Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Jackpot:

$30 Amouage sample set 8 samples
    Women\'s: Gold , Silver Cristal, Dia, Ubar
    Men\'s: Gold, Silver Cristal, Silver Cologne, Dia

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Excellent! Thanks bivonic, I ordered the set instantly

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information