Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: The World\'s Greatest Perfume

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Are you asking women to smell you or men?

Stranger

Well, my mates, blokes mainly, I\'ve been going on about Amouage for ages, well since reading the first post by DrSmellThis, just want to see if they can smell it and what they think, cos they have never heard of it, and but say they can\'t smell anything...

**DONOTDELETE**

Guys can\'t smell. Ask some women. If you can smell it on yourself, I bet women can smell it.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

The smell lasts a very long time, but it\'s easy on the nose and rich instead of sharp and obnoxious like so many other colognes. The natural musk makes it blend into your body chemistry -- a good thing.

Phero Pro

Going for the \"Gold\" tonight, got my samples today - Yip-Yip! I\'m going to spray below & behind each of my ears after I apply some NPA, PCC, SOE & WAGG. Will report back later.

Banned User

Good luck [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

A couple of stupid questions:

Is the container the only difference between “Flask” and “Gold”?

Do you have to go to Oman to get the attars?

Since you have to email them about the 2nd Q anyway, why not email both Q\'s?

My samples are on the way....WOO.HOO!!!

Phero Pro

Ok .. I just grabbed a bottle of Amouage Gold. I must say ... I really don\'t like the scent, honestly .... but I am kinda addicted to it, I just can\'t stop smelling it, though I don\'t like the way it smells. It\'s not that hard that I wouldn\'t wear it, but it\'s nothing I\'d wear normally ... but this ... something is .. *sniff* .. just a sec. ... *sniff*.

I\'d say if it has half the effect on the opposite sex it\'s worth every (s)cent.

That\'s the effect of the animal additives and precious flowers, especially the musk and jasmine. It could well be addictive, so watch out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s different than the usual cologne smell, no doubt about it. More flowery, musky, and powdery. Not eveyone\'s cup of tea, for all occasions at least. It\'s pretty rich. But it\'s great for what it is, and you may find it growing on you.

I sometimes find, during the day especially, I don\'t want to smell that rich; so I opt for a simpler smell. I have an excellent Italian sandalwood cologne called Sandalo by Etro for those times. One strategy is to use more Sandalo and less Amouage, as they layer perfectly together. In fact the sandalwood cologne layers perfectly with all other colognes, since all of them contain sandalwood, and since it is such a basic smell.

**DONOTDELETE**

What is it in sandalwood that smells like sex? Because it really does, especially after a couple of hours on. Jasmine does that, too. What\'s in it?

Phero Enthusiast

I had an incredible day. I don\'t feel like explaining it right now, but let\'s just say this.. MTV told me they would call me. Amouage Dia works magically.

Sandalwood contains several testosterone related chemicals, reputedly including one that is very similar or identical to a pheromone released when a man gets an erection.

Jasmine has some narcotic-like compounds, and contains indole, which is in EW and gives poop it\'s characteristic smell. Yes we are, like other animals, all attracted to poop. So deal with it!

Phero Pharaoh

<<Ok .. I just grabbed a bottle of Amouage Gold. I must say ... I really don\'t like the scent, honestly .... but I am kinda addicted to it, I just can\'t stop smelling it, though I don\'t like the way it smells. It\'s not that hard that I wouldn\'t wear it, but it\'s nothing I\'d wear normally ... but this ... something is .. *sniff* .. just a sec. ... *sniff*.>>

OMG! Me too! Apart from the not liking the scent bit (I don\'t have any prob with that)
    I\'ve been continuously sniffing my wrist since putting it on hours ago. LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<<I\'d say if it has half the effect on the opposite sex it\'s worth every (s)cent. >>

Too right!.

BTW....my mother turned up not long after I applied it and she took a double take when I asked her what she thought of the scent of the male version. That\'s not like her at all. She REALLY liked it..........thanks MUM!! LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

STUPID Silver version samplers came with two mens viles instead of one of each. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Kind of a good thing I spose if I like it, but I wanted to smell the female versions too.

Phero Enthusiast

Heh! Makes me feel better about my comparing the smell of androgens to cedar/sandalwood.

I had no idea that fragrances had been analyzed in such detail. Can you point me at good reference for further research?

Well, I emailed Wendy this morning for samples. I wonder how long it\'ll take from the UK? This thread really has me intrigued.
    Has anybody got an idea how much shipping costs, and didn\'t someone say the samples were complimentary?

Journeyman

I got my samples from Wendy a few days ago. They were complimentary, didn\'t even have to pay for international postage. The samples I got were Gold and Dia for men and women and silver cristal for men and women (I think... one of the silver cristal sample bottles is labelled gentlemen\'s EDT, the other is blank.) Great service!

BTW, Amouage smells good, but is a bit strong, but Dia is just great.

King of the coupons!

Hey! Can someone share the email address! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I wanna smell! I wanna smell! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Yes SRH, they are complementary. If you emailed her and included your snail-mail information, it will take a little over a week to receive the samples (gratis). If you didn\'t happen to include your address and were just inquiring about samples, she\'ll send you a response requesting your address so that she may send them out.

The only hope is to get to know perfumers and people in the field. Most of them are extremely secretive (like Erox is). I know of no books. My knowledge was extremely difficult to get, and I had to arrange some meetings with a pro perfumer whose scents I had been purchasing for years. Many of them lie like a sack of [bad word] once you do talk to them. You can get sort of raw chemistry on various essential oils, I think even on the internet. You have to put info together yourself.

Yes. Cedar in fact contains a chemical anologous to one released by a man after he\'s had sex. Perfumers use it often.

Oh, goody. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I sent the request complete with snail mail this morning.

Y\'all are such a great source of info!

Wow... Gold /m is simply amazing... Thank you DrSmellThis for telling us all about Amouage.. Whenever I smell this on myself, I get a pretty strong feeling of euphoria – I guess that’s normal. ;P

**DONOTDELETE**

Price a that sh!t make my head spin, too, yo, if you wanna call dat euphoria.

jokey joke

I\'m still waiting for my samples. Beginning to wonder if they mysteriously disappeared at the concierge desk in my building, as often do gifts of food. Hmmmm. If old Melvin the night clerk starts looking good to me, I\'m shaking him down.

I\'ve been telling people what real musk does for a long time. Now folks know I wasn\'t exaggerating. Try putting it in your pits. You\'ll have to...ahem... leave home significantly less often. This all should be a real overall boost for phero users, which is why I couldn\'t keep it secret from my posse.

WARNING: This product will boost your overall pheros. You may need a period of adjustment to accomodate it. There is no hard and fast rule, as none is boosted but greater comfort levels are also achieved. Pheros enhance the muskiness of Amouage, to be sure.

Mobley, take a look back in the thread, and you\'ll find what you need.
    I think the addy is www.amouage.com, and if you go to contact info, you\'ll find Wendy\'s email addy under the USA/Europe section. Email her for samples.

King of the coupons!

Tank ya vedy vuch Texxxy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

kein problem. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think that site is down, could someone PM me the email addy?

Wendy\'s addy is wendy@amouage.com.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information