Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Phero Enthusiast

Default Some of you say you don\'t wear any deodorant??????

visit-red-300x50PNG
    What is the purpose of that? Don\'t you smell bad? Lol. I just don\'t really understand it. I mean I\'ve tried it and I ended up smelling bad. How do you control that nasty BO?

Default Re: Some of you say you don\'t wear any deodorant??????

I\'ve never worn \"deodorant\" or \"antiperspirant\" - I do shower daily and eat a balanced diet but one with non-trivial amounts of red meat. If I get down and dirty or really break into a sweat, then I\'ll try and shower again at the earliest convenience. I will add small amounts of descrete colognes and pheromones to compliment my natural aroma rather than hide it.

At the end of the day, I do develop an odor but then we all do. That aroma is me, I like it enough, and if you object, well, tough.

I think a lot of people are just too timid. If you meet or exceed general standards for cleanliness and good hygiene, then be proud of your natural scent.

Phero Dude

I\'ll second what Whitehall says.. I haven\'t worn deodorant in years. I\'ll go with a drop of the scent or a spray of the cologne I\'m wearing that day, but I don\'t use any deodorant/antiperspirant.

The basic point is to shower daily. This cannot be overstated enough. If I go two days, then yes, I\'ll smell a bit funky. I have a decent diet, relatively low in red meat (I have it perhaps once a week). Some of the things I do eat that do affect my natural smell include onions, garlic, and spicy foods (mexican and thai come to mind).

Phero Pro

Alright, let\'s now hear from the non-underwear-wearers! Is there any overlap with the demographic of non-deodorant wearers? And if dolphins are so darn smart, why don\'t they grow opposable thumbs and start building condominiums?! The fate of the free world could well depend on these important questions being addressed, post-haste!!!

Oh, [bad word] -- I\'m sorry, was that outloud? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] lmao

Phero Pharaoh

i simple use sandelwood(sometimes might add a touch of another EO like citrus/jasmine or lavendar depending on mood and what i\'m doing.

Phero Pro

rest... a serious need for sleep... the dolphins will go away, right?

Banned User

Default Re: Some of you say you don\'t wear any deodorant??

I prefer to wear a heavy dose of deodorant, its one less thing I have to worry about, not sure if I want to constantly worry about the balance of my arm pits scent hehehe. I think it also depends on climate if its a 90 degree day I think even whitehall would have a hardtime going with out anything?

Phero Dude

ditto to that. On the very very rare occasion when I have forgotten to wear deodarant coz I\'m very rushed I immediately rush to the nearest store and buy some deodarant - just don\'t want to get the rep. in the office as the funky smelling guy ....although with the pheros I wear now who knows maybe they already perceive me that way [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

i wear deordanet but I stopped wearing anti-persperants. Then again I eat my fair share of red meat and I live in sunny humid south florida.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

pure sandalwood is my deodorant, with mones and a bit of cologne optional . Amber + patchouli is the best alternative to sandalwood.

haven\'t wore deodorants, etc., in like 8 years. I get lots of compliments on my pits from women. I smell great! I shower mainly to wash mones off, but I could go several days without stinking if I used essential oils on all hotspots every day. They are antibacterial.

I take care of myself, eat healthy, and sauna every two weeks.

From my perspective it would be nuts to wear deodorant, when the oils enhance everything and smell sexy.

Phero Dude

I have basically never used deodorant or anti-perspirant in my life. I tried underarm deodorant in junior high school because everybody else was doing so, but I quickly decided that it was disgusting and made me smell worse in my opinion.

I bath and shower a lot; never leave the house without a shower. Even if I bath or shower at night, I will shower in the morning. This is very important. We sweat at night even if we don\'t realize it. For years I used perfume or cologne only, and many women compliment me on the smell, so I don\'t think I smell bad. Also, drinking enough water is good, as well as a good diet. Not only meat, but red wine and too much coffee and alcohol are all really bad. I still drink coffee, wine, and have some meat, but none of them in the quantities that I used to consume. I know some guys that smell really bad, and the ones that I know personally, I know their diet and hygiene are both more than likely responsible.

So, 3 things; clean diet, always clean shirts, and frequent body washing equals no problem.

Phero Dude

I forgot something really important. I basically do not like to use soap on my skin, but the exception is under my arms. I use an anti-bacterial soap under my arms and that\'s it. It makes a BIG difference from just using usual soap. Try it! Before I started doing that I often noticed that I stank badly an hour or less after showering and leaving the house.

Phero Pro

<<<What is the purpose of that? Don\'t you smell bad? Lol. I just don\'t really understand it. I mean I\'ve tried it and I ended up smelling bad. How do you control that nasty BO?>>>

As long as you don\'t have bad eating habits (quality AND quantity) there\'s NO WAY (again NO WAY) you\'ll smell bad. (at least that\'s why I don\'t have bad BO. I NEVER wear deodorants. I don\'t wear colognes most of the time, and no matter how close I come to other people, I never smell bad. Even when I sweat a lot, I don\'t stink at all: clean sweat! Whatever shite you put in your system, must come out in some way or another, THAT is why some people stink.)

**DONOTDELETE**

This topic comes up from time to time and I\'m jumping in once again with the same old refrain. Wear deodorant. It\'s very likely (VERY LIKELY) you don\'t think you stink but you do. I have women friends whose men refuse to wear deodorant. They\'re extremely unhappy about it. They are chronically distressed about it.

Our culture views personal body odors (whether they\'re disagreeable or not, and this is an important point) as intrusive, and intrusive behavior is considered rude. To be blunt - I will stick my nose in my lover\'s armpit or between his legs and enjoy the way he smells. I do not care to smell your armpits or balls. If you don\'t mask it, I can smell it. Whether it\'s gone rancid into BO or not, it\'s still a personal odor that I would prefer to be able to make a choice about rather than have it put in my face whenever I interact with you. Most women feel this way.

Without exception, the women friends I have whose mates refuse to wear deodorant are offended and made anxious socially by their habit, and it\'s an issue in their relationship.

You may think your sh!t don\'t stink or your sweat smells like rose petals, but it\'s doubtful. You\'re better off to wear deodorant.

Banned User

Though like any synthetic scent deodorant and many others do not smell natural, but again all it is is two swipe and no worries at all no sweating in the pits at all I just don\'t understand who would want to worry/ shower many times a day and treat something. Is the deodorant uncomfortable?

Kind of like what FTR is saying I never heard anyone complain from smelling a synthetic scent like deodorant.

Phero Enthusiast

I eat pretty badly. I must admit. Pizza, hot dogs, doritos and root beer all the way. Perhaps I should start changing my diet around? Lol.

**DONOTDELETE**

There are unscented deodorants.

bsxs- Do yourself a favor and read the articles in the heath forum about partially hydrogenated oils/fats (trans fats)

Banned User

Ditto, I think everyone should wear deodorant to keep from smelling bad, however, if you wear anti-perspriant, it KEEPS YOU from sweating, which would make there be no mones.

I use AXE because it\'s easy, you just spray some crap. I still wear Coolwater, probably the best loved (Why? Becasuse it\'s a fact, women prefer men to smell like they were just out the shower RATHER than cologne smell....Not only have I been told by a few fe-males that it smells like I came out the shower but that it what it is SUPPOSED to smell like COOL WATER, Rosemary, Peat Moss, etc...) for dates, or special occasions, out to eat, trying to hook up, etc.

I don\'t have the money, and the effort and time is better spent doing other things.

But, if you do eat right, you shouldn\'t smell bad, but, no matter HOW GOOD you eat there IS going to be SOME AMOUNT of waste coming out your skin.

One thing though, I have noticed is that apples make my sweat AND BREATH smell different more like semen for some reason....I don\'t know if that is something to do with pheromones or not, but I believe I read somewhere on celery and apples changing your personal scent, etc.

Bart

Default My Usual Natural Smells Manifesto

Apple seeds are an ingredient in may ancient occult love potions...

I am not advocating using nothing at all in your pits to make them smell good; but deodorants smell cheap, just mask odors, and contaminate whatever other smell you are wearing. They don\'t harmonise with your natural mones, so when the body smells break through they are much worse much sooner than they would otherwise have been. Antiperspirants are far worse, as they will clog your pores, causing toxins to build up and providing a feast for funky strains of bacteria that would otherwise be elsewhere.

Essential oils inhibit just the correct bacteria strains, and allow others that should be allowed, so that your own natural mone signature can form from DHEA-S and other parent mones on your skin (e.g., A1). A few drops of sandalwood keep me smelling good for 24 hours, and OK for 48. But my chemistry and sandalwood really do well together.

Sandalwood smells far better after 12 hours in my pits than it does out of the bottle. It comes alive in a good way.

I disdain antibacterial soaps unless you have a skin disease and use them for medical reasons. That green-packaged ayurvedic soap you get in health food stores, sandalwood soap, or grandpa\'s pine tar soap controls bacteria without wiping it all out. Dial, etc., is bad for you for the same reasons excessive antibiotics are bad. It gets rid of the healthy bacteria that actually keep you smelling good and producing your own correct mones in the long term.

A well chosen essential oil will compliment virtually every commercial cologne, and will combine with your natural pheromones to make yumminess.

If you still stink, see a nutritionist or a naturopath, as there is always a sensible reason. Or just analyze it yourself.

No FTR, my pits do NOT stink. They just don\'t. They don\'t smell neutral either. They smell good. Like baby\'s breath. Women have gone out of their way to tell me this. The only time they ever stank is...when I used to wear deodorants and antiperspirants in school. I can\'t imagine a cultural setting wherein I would want to wear drug store deodorant. Professional perfumers, who know something about personal smells, don\'t go near the stuff. If a human is going to be romantically or otherwise attracted to another human, one who eats healthy, bathes, manages stress and exercises; they will like their natural smells. This is a law of nature. If someone is going to dislike your phero signature that much, they are not supposed to be around you, or you can add love scent mones to change their reaction. They will probably have an incompatible temperament, etc. This is also a law of nature, IMO.

There is a \"viscious circle effect\" with drug store deodorants, antibacterial soaps, and antiperspirants. The longer you go without them, the more your body recovers and regains it\'s natural pleasant smell, as long as you take care of yourself.

**DONOTDELETE**

whatever, dude. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I will accept that retort as probably the best, given circumstances... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

You know how we feel on this issue, so I\'m sure it comes as no surprise. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good morning, btw. Ok, I\'ve had my first cup of coffee.

For a mature male with a desk job who has life experience in handling stress, knows how to treat his body properly, and is an expert perfumer, I could see that he could arrange things so that his pits smell like babies\' breath.

I suspect testosterony 17-maybe 28 year olds should probably use deodorant.

Will you come this far with me, or am I just wrong?

Red,

That was ALMOST a graceful concession!

I\'m with DrSmell on this one - I use sandalwood soap too.

BTW, I\'ve had five kids and never noticed a baby\'s breath smelling particularly nice.

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'m sure you gentlemen are ... gentlemen enough to allow a dissenting opinion, if just for form\'s sake. Can we not agree to disagree?

Madam,

I certainly respect your views on the subject.

**DONOTDELETE**

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

OK, this is for real.

Years ago I stopped wearing commercial deodorants. Something in them irritated my pits and it got real uncomfortable. So, I looked for alternatives. I started buying those mineral stones that they sell in the health food stores.

Then I read some books by Hulda Clark which said that those stones had impurities which were harmful. I now think that Ms. Clark is probably wrong about almost everything, but at the time I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I tried using baking soda, but didn\'t like it. Ms. Clark said to use alcohol, so I started doing that. For many years I bought the highest proof booze I could find and put a few drops in my pits every morning. I rarely drink, so this booze was strictly for topical use.

It worked fine, and I\'d probably still be using it except a couple of months ago I reached for a cookbook on the top of my refrigerator and the booze, which was also there, fell and broke on the floor. Dang!! That was expensive!! So I went back to the local vitamin store and bought ye olde trusty deodorant stone. Nowadays they even come in plastic, just like commercial deodorant.

So, what\'s the skinny on these stones? Does anyone have any dirt on them or plaudits for them? They work for me. I don\'t get the irritation and it seems to deal with BO just fine. I don\'t think I smell like a cheap whore, but, to be honest, I am not sure what they smell like.

Yes, I also use one of those deodorant stones and it works fine for me, seems to last a long time too. The one I have doesn\'t have a scent, it is just a crystal that I\'m assuming works by inhibiting bacteria. I prefer this to comercial deodorants, and never got any kind of irritation from it either.

Banned User

You know...I am sitting here, right now...Actually, thinking of asking someone out....

And, for some reason, my pits are sweating so very badly that litterally (no joking) the sweat it coming down my arms in like a water flow...(no joke)...

But I just had a showever though, and I smell it, and it just smells like nothing at all...Just water (not, it\'s sweat, not residue water).

So, that leaves me to believe, you know...That it doesn\'t matter deodorant or not, you just to eat right and showever...

Bart

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information