Close

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Facials

Phero Pro

Default Facials

visit-red-300x50PNG
    My \"big brother\" in my fraternity in college used to get facials pretty frequently, he did quite well with the ladies & I just dismissed it as some greek (his nationality) thing & didn\'t think too much of it.

A girl friend of mine recommended I try giving myself a facial & now I give myself one once or twice a week. I\'ve seen a real improvement in my complexion & I haven\'t had acne since. This is the routine I try to do as time permits:
    <ul type=\"square\">[*]shave my face[*]boil some water &amp; put it into a wok &amp; put a towel over my head to create a tent for 5 minutes[*]wash my face with clearasil daily face wash[*]use a biore nose strip if I think I need it, maybe once a week or every two weeks[*]use biore facial cream, comes in a 6 pack, self heating, I tried the other stuff from a tube but I don\'t think it works nearly as well as the biore, my only knock against it is that I wish there was more cream per unit as I can only get a thin coat on my face, is that ok or should it be more then a thin coat?[*]pluck my eyebrows &amp; ears so I don\'t have a uni-brow[*]shower &amp; wash it off[*]I used to apply face toner like twice a day but didn\'t see much benefit, I\'ll try it again tonight[/list]Questions: I also have fake cucumber slices that I used to put on my eyes, maybe I\'ll do that now, as I have some time to kill - do you see these as beneficial? Also anything good I can put in the hot water essential oils or &lt;gasp&gt; flower petals so I\'m not just subjecting my face to raw heat? Anything else you\'d recommend for a man?

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Facials

Put the shave after the steam and wash. Your beard will be softer and it will take less effort to get a clean shave.

You could incorporate a scrub.

Try witch hazel as a toner.

No moisturizer/lotion?

Phero Pro

Good point I have shaved after the steam &amp; it is much easier, I even believe I get a tighter shave. Yeah I left that out, not always, but sometimes I put Body Shop\'s Of a Man aftershave lotion, it feels &amp; smells great. Should I put a lotion on non-beard locations or would that just be too greasy?

**DONOTDELETE**

Women are taught you should wear a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 6 always, all over your face and neck. What\'s your skin type?

Also - it\'s great your thinking about stray hairs - check your nose hair and trim if need be. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

yeah my nose was a big problem, I always keep that in check. I\'m a fair skinned Irishman, about 3/8 Irish, 1/4 English, 1/4 French, 1/4 Italian, 1/8 Scottish

**DONOTDELETE**

Oily, normal, dry, combination skin? (combination is oily in the T zone=forehead, nose, chin, normal everywhere else)

And what does this have to do with penises?

**DONOTDELETE**

You KNOW what I thought this thread was gonna be about ... &lt;giggle&gt;

Phero Pro

how about eyelids &amp; under the eyes, anything I can do there? I just looked at my top eyelids &amp; they are wrinkly, kinda gross looking, I put some skin moisturizer on them, but didn\'t do much.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]no....tell me

Phero Pro

Elana baby I\'ll give you a facial, just the kind you like with my special white sauce - I may need your help bringing it to a boil though, I hear it\'s good for the skin &amp; helps your immune system, honest, but the only thing is if you don\'t get it 3 times a day then it backfires.

Do you lay out in the sun?

Phero Pro

in the summer time, too much snow to do that now, my hand turns very blonde with a lot of exposure, my buddies called me Sandy after I spent 3 months in Florida &amp; the carribean.

If you have enough of the ingredients to give it to me 3 times a day, I will be a very happy client. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If you\'re sure it will work, let\'s go for it.

The sun causes wrinkles. If you want color use a self tanner. One coat of it and I look like I spent a week at the beach.

**DONOTDELETE**

(Rotten child!) Ask you-know-who - I\'m not the resident expert and would hate to tell you wrong.

Bivonic. There must be ten thousand (no lie) eye creams. Never, ever go to bed without taking off your makeup first, and you should always wear an eye cream, 24/7. I\'m really liking the products at www.skinbiology.com. Get CP Serum for sure. They have an eye cream, too. I haven\'t used it yet but will get it when what I have runs out.

Phero Pro

I\'m not sure, I know I have the base ingredients, just not sure if I have that special ingredient, I know if I was motivated properly then I could mix the batch up real good &amp; tasty, the best part of the facials I give is there\'s no need to wash it off you can just use your tongue &amp; lick it off, actually that\'s how you apply it, you lick it &amp; suck it into your mouth then, you apply it to my special part of my body with your tongue &amp; then I give you that special face massage but I don\'t use my hands, you\'d have to use your imagination what I use, it is real soft too, feels great against your face &amp; then you lick it off &amp; swallow, hmm time to go out &amp; meet some RL babes, catch you tomorrow!

I know it all so I will tell you that I disagree. I recently read from Paula\'s site that eye creams are no different then facial moisturizer. It is just a scam by the cosmetics company to get you to pay big bucks for those tiny jars. I do agree that you should ALWAYS wear moisturizer. I use the CP serum under my eyes. I\'ll look for that article about eyes creams and post it.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I was sure *somebody* knew it all and it damn sure wasn\'t me. What I heard is, the only difference between eye cream and moisturizer is that eye cream has more oil/humectant/whatever in it - i.e., is stronger.

I use CP serum under my eyes too. I bet you\'re right, Ms. Know It All. He could just go CP Serum and be more than fine.

Yeah....I want some of those facials

Phero Pro

Okay I\'ll check out the CP serum, that\'s unisex I imagine? My skin is dry I guess, at least now that it\'s winter, Elana what self tanner do you recommend?

**DONOTDELETE**

Use unscented Dove soap instead of Clearasil - or Cetaphil from the drugstore.

All skin care products are unisex -- the only difference is scent, if there is one, and most of the time that is so negligible it makes no difference. IMO

Phero Pro

Yeah I use dove soap unscented in the shower, sure it\'s good for dry skin on the face though?

Hey Elama, I just put on Angel/m interesting scent, I smell like a hot fudge sunday.

**DONOTDELETE**

Why else would I tell you that?

The best self tanner I have ever used is http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC300&amp;PAGETYPE=S

The best drugstore product is
    http://www.tanforless.com/banboatdeepd1.html

They are both about the same depth of color, but the first one is hands down the best in consistency (it is a gel) and fading. It fades like a natural tan would. Banana Boat doesn\'t wear off as naturally

Coppertone Effortless color in Dark is also a good drugstore brand.

&lt;&lt;I smell like a hot fudge sunday.&gt;&gt;

Yummy...I want to lick you all over

do you guys think men look better with the fakish tan creme?

i know i can sometimes tell it is fake with women, but alot of times they look better. Some blondes overdo it however, need to do less

The ones today are so good. If you think that you look better with some sun, then you would absolutely look better using sunless tanner. You just have to find the right one. If you want more info, go to www.sunless.com You will find tons of info along with product reviews of all of the tanners available.

Ya know, I hate being so pasty-skinned, but most tanning creams make me look yellow--even the pale ones. Anybody ever find one that gives just a tinge of color without going jaundiced? FTR, ever find anything that works, or are you where I am?

**DONOTDELETE**

If I were blonde and blue-eyed and lived in Florida like Elana, I\'m sure I would want tanner. My peers are office workers and we\'re all under fluorescents all day long and never take a full vacation to go to the beach anyway, so we\'re all pale all year and it\'s not an issue. I never have found a tanner that looked good on my face, but I think I look better without a tan. It\'s a matter of contrasts - for Elana with her light hair and eyes, tan\'s pretty. My hair\'s dark and my eyes are dark green, so pale skin is a nice contrast. And it\'s another one of those things I don\'t want to spend the money and time over. It\'s got to be done every 4-5 days.

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information