Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Facials

Default Re: Facials

visit-red-300x50PNG
    SRH- The two I listed are brown and not orange. The brownest one I have ever found is called Savage Bronze. It is a mouse and you can only get it at Sally\'s Beauty Supply.

Phero Pharaoh

I\'ve always preferred red heads how they are. FTR is on track. Pale skin looks better on a redhead.Some hair/etc types sadly do look better with a tan, but I bet both of you look great without a tan. ** suck, suck, suck ** LOL

I think pale skin looks better on a red head too. Especially a red head with dark hair.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, babe. I needed a compliment tonight. <mutual stroke, mutual stroke> [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I don\'t mean a tan. I mean basically a little more color. After I posted, I thought more about what I was trying to say. I prefer how I look in summer, when I\'m outside a lot. I wear the typical old lady floppy hat in summer, BECAUSE I\'m out a lot and don\'t like the pain of sunburns. However, I do need to use makeup that\'s at least a shade darker in summer, no matter how much I protect my skin. In the winter, I just look pasty white. So no, I don\'t want to be brown, just not quite so glow-in-the-dark-excuse-me-while-I-get-my-sunglasses-white. Does that make sense? So I\'m wondering if there\'s a product out there that can give me that hint of extra color without turning me yellow? I can\'t just use the darker shade of makeup in winter, because it just LOOKS like I\'m using a darker shade of makeup on paler skin--doesn\'t blend well with my skin at all.

BTW, thanks. My ego just loves a good stroking. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go to www.sunless.com and use the product picker on the left hand side of the page. There are plenty products that will just give you a healthy glow. Alba is one that comes to mind.

Banned User

LOL, Elana the beauty expert. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Franki

I take my sunless tanning seriously. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

SRH, what makeup do you wear, what colors where? Like what color scheme eyeshadow, do you do a two color or three color application, do you do monochrome eyes/cheeks/lips similar tones, or break it up? and what color undertone do you have, have you ever been colortyped? blue undertone or toward yellow?

Ha! Oddly enough, that\'s the only one that came up on the search. lol I\'ll go to drugstore.com and check it out. Thanks!

No way! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] See...it was meant to be

Phero Pharaoh

I definetly hear you. There is a pastey white that somehow doesn\'t feel healthy or something ??? Like how girls and guys into the gothic look dress up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    But on the other hand, any shade of skin seems to look good if you are healthy and have good muscle definition etc. Or are fit.

BTW There is a girl I know here that has jet black hair. She is tiny and has asian style eyes and white skin. She is absoluteley gorgeous. She reminds everyone of a china doll. Very pale skin looks great on her. (...and I found out once that she liked me too [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

<<(...and I found out once that she liked me too )>>

Who wouldn\'t [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

What Elana said.

I prefer Prescriptives (more often than Estee Lauder these days) in Fresh Cream (winter), and I think Fresh Vellum (summer). I generally wear makeup in summer only to go out at night, because I work either in a greenhouse or a mist house, with many long walks outside between the two, and neither are conducive to makeup staying on for more than 26 seconds in the South in summer. I have two-tone eyes. Very dark blue on the outside, and the inside is blue, green, or gray depending on what I wear. Eyeshadow in golds, browns. Example: Often I use gold creme or brown shadow on my eyelids, with something like eggshell (about my skin color, but with a hint of shimmer) above that.\"Natural Glow\" blush from Cover Girl. My two fave lipsticks are Spiced Cider and Sultry Blush by Estee Lauder. Spiced Cider is a coppery red. Sultry Blush looks light brown, but has a hint of pink in it for color. Otherwise I tend toward rose-browns, and sometimes corals in spring/summer.
    My skin tends toward yellow. Hair is auburn-red, not dark, not blonde, but I was born with strawberry blonde hair that got darker as I got older, so I get a little blonde in my hair if I\'m in the sun a lot during the summer.

*Definitely* what Elana said. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think that\'s the pasty white I\'m talking about. I\'ve been sick with one thing or another since a certain New Year\'s Eve party. There\'s a joke at school about a certain group of us needing to quit sucking face, since we\'re all getting the same thing at about the same time. On the other hand, I\'m in the gym for at least an hour at least 5 days a week. It\'s just that I\'m INSIDE so much \'cause we\'ve had so much rain this winter. I really can\'t wait till spring. Even as a baby, I would scream if you even turned to go back in the house! lol

Phero Pharaoh

Oh shukks girls... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

I was going to go for a hoon on the bike. But now I\'ll have to borrow a bigger helmet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<now I\'ll have to borrow a bigger helmet>

Ahh, if only you\'d said \"bigger head gear\" instead. lol I\'d have been all over that one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Did you color type as a yellow/orange?

If you stay away from blue undertones and do a monochromatic makeup, it seems to give your whole face more color and sort of the effect of being tanned, or at least it works for me. Does that make sense? See what happens if you come away from pinks or anything with any blue in it, and do your whole face tawny going toward brown,gold, no more red than copper.

The other thing is to use the darker makeup shade across the middle of your face, cheekbone to cheekbone, and then the lighter blending down toward your neck and up into your hairline.

Yep, I typed as yellow/orange.
    I can\'t wear blues or pinks on my face, at all. Look horrible on me. My eyes look red and my skin looks terrible. I go more towards warm colors now, and it does look better since I started using Prescriptives.
    Didn\'t know about blending the two shades. I think I\'ll try that. Thanks, FTR.
    Which products/shades do you wear?

Phero Pharaoh

There is something about even a little exposure to the sun that makes me feel good. Almost feel myself absorbing it\'s energy. Giving my legs even a short dose on a warm day after a long winter can make skin feel better. <aaaahhhhh> ...and it gives that slight colour I think you mean.

Oh, and I may as well rub it in ...It\'s summer over here right now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<<Oh, and I may as well rub it in ...It\'s summer over here right now.>>

Big deal show off....it\'s summer in Miami year round. It was 84 F today. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wicked, evil man!
    Yes, that\'s the color I mean.
    I\'m sitting here with all my windows open (it\'s not cold out) but if I go downstairs I\'m afraid the current will drag me under, from all the rain we\'ve been getting. I think my car\'s still down there somewhere. *sigh*
    I can\'t wait till spring. Catnaps under trees or in sunny windows, barefoot frisbee, hikes, soccer season (yea!), hide-n-seek all night, hurricane parties....

Hmm, may have to grab a guy or two and head to FL for a few days....

84 is one thing--is the sun out too? *hopeful glint in eyes*

**DONOTDELETE**

I bought one of those monster boxes of makeup for $20.00 by The Color Institute from Hecht\'s and I\'ve been so pleased with it. It has four color collections - in each one, 6 shadows, a blush, two nail polishes, a lipstick, two glosses - four collections. Two of them work really well - the other two are just too blue. I wear Max Factor with permawear in Cream Beige #6 foundation and then all shades of auburn/copper/peach from eye shadow to lips, and it sort of makes an aura of warm glow.

You know, I\'ve never tried either of those brands. I think the nearest Hecht\'s is in either Memphis or Birmingham, but I think there\'s a Max Factor counter a little closer. I\'ll check them out next time I\'m down there. Didn\'t know they had a line for redheads. Most brands really don\'t seem to.

Phero Pharaoh

<<Big deal show off....it\'s summer in Miami year round. It was 84 F today. >>

And??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    ...I\'ve NEVER been able to figure F out. We talk in Celcius over here. So all I see is it was 84 (F)uk knows in Miami. LOL
    F seems to be at a different linearity than C too. It\'s too confusing. ...plus my head is tooo swollen from before and not thinking proberly.

I have access to free board on the Gold Coast - Qld when I get sick of the winter, so i have that choice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    We don\'t get snow here though. Only in alpine areas.

84F is about 29C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information