Close

Thread: red ink

Default red ink

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Back in the days of communism, a teacher from the GDR got a job in Siberia.
    Knowing that the mail would be heavily censored he established a code with his friends: “If I write in BLUE ink, you’ll know everything I say is true. But if I write in RED ink, you’ll know it’s all lies.”

After about a month, his friends received the first letter, written in BLUE ink:
    “Everything is wonderful here! Shops are full. There’s an abundance of great food. Apartments are large, comfortable, and well heated. Theaters show recent movies from the West. There are many beautiful women ready for an affair... The only thing missing is RED INK.”

Banned User

Default Re: red ink

lol [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Default Re: red ink

Glad you like it. Here’s a famous one from the good old days of Glasnost and Perestroika:

A Jewish man figured the shift in political climate would be a good opportunity to escape religious persecution. But first he would have to convince his emigration officer.
    “Comrade Rabinovich,” the officer asked. “Why would you want to leave your homeland during this exciting period of openness and opportunity?”
    “I have TWO good reasons.” Rabinovich explained. “For one thing, I’m afraid that — with all these changes taking place — the Communist Party will be defeated, capitalism will take root, people will suddenly find themselves impoverished, and everybody will want to blame the Jews.”
    “Let me calm your fears.” the emigration officer said. “Soviet authority is unimpeachable and the Communist Party will ALWAYS rule Russia.”
    “That,” Rabinovich said, “is my second reason.”

Thread Information