Close

Default SOE Roll on invites contamination?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Woudl the roll on top invite bacteria from the skin into the batch???? Wouldn\'t this contaminate???

Phero Pro

Default Re: SOE Roll on invites contamination?

maybe...but from what I understand the products we use (including SOE) are very concentrated, perhaps to the point where it is way to much for the bacteria to contaimate. ALso these are synthetic pheros, not natural ones, and that may have an effect. I guess if you want to reduce the risk you could was before applying the pheros.

Enlightened One

Well i have had a product up to 8 months old and it still worked fine. I have andro 4.2 and attraction that are sitting in bottles five years old and heck that stuff is stronger now then it was back then.

interesting...then how come it lasts longer on clothes than the skin....i thought it was bacteria???

Phero Dude

I find the roll-on top somewhat annoying, especially when the bottle is full as it tends to cause more SOE to come out than I need. So I just remove the plastic roll-on top and dab it. Much easier to control amounts this way and I guess if you are concerned about hygiene this is the way to go. Just be careful if you decide to remove it, as if you have clumsy hands you may spill it - don\'t say I didn\'t warn ya!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i dropped the boottle on the bathroom floor the first day i got it. At least they made it strong!!!

Phero Pharaoh

Started doing the same too man. Removing the roll-on and ATM using an eye dropper to guge more exact amounts.

i actually love the convience of the roll on. so i\'d like to keep it that way, but i am very suspicious of how bacteria can\'t get in there. perhaps the bacteria dies or just does\'t really have an effect.... as long as people who have had it long-term say it still works, then i think i can accept something like that

Phero Pharaoh

a dropper sounds like a better idea than even dabbing as that would still bring the product into contact with skin(dabbing).

The roll-on does allow for contamination, though I haven\'t heard any complaints, and I don\'t think Bruce has either. I examined the contents of an SOE bottle I had left (after use) in the console of my truck for several summer months. The bacteria had built up quite a bit, but the odor had not yet been affected. I then left the bottle on the windowsill to expose it to more high temperatures. Within a month, I noticed the liquid had turned cloudy, and the odor had turned foul. Still, I think that in normal use, it would be unlikely that anyone would encounter problems like this.

isn\'t the question not whether the smell has changed but whether the nol gets turned into none and if the none for that matter still works as it originally does. If it is a risk, i would probably just use an eye dropper and open the top. I guess dabbing with open mouth products creates bacteria too.

Phero Pharaoh

I agree that the rollon works great and is safe to carry in the pocket. Contamination isn\'t the reason for me going to the eye dropper. I\'m trying to find which amount works best for me. I guess I\'m trying to be too exact and scientific.LOL

JKohl,
    FTR pointed out that it would be great to have an unscented SoE. Have you thought about doing this? It would be great to choose a different fragrance!

Most of the products have a lot of alcohol in them. This discourages bacteria from growing. Also, the enzymes that bacteria use to convert the pheros won\'t survive the alcohol (They are membrane bound and the EtOH will kill \'em) I\'m am not saying that things won\'t grow in there, but under normal conditions, it would be a hardy bug that survived.

And oh yeah, you can make unscented SOE with the chem kits. 4:1 -nol:-rone. I suppose you could market it, but it is darn easy to make on yer own. And with all of the info on the forum, it would be hard to market as unique. The scent in SoE is what makes it such a draw (well OK, the pheros with the scent, but ya\'ll understand)

Phero Pharaoh

seems many would like to try a unscented though and have expressed a desire for a unscented on several threads before, so might be somethng useful as many may not want the added expence of the CS.( not to mention that he already has the setup to make SoE so making a Unscented wouldnt be a added expence to him) [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information