Okay, I know this has nothing to really do with pheromones, but since we are talking about power dynamics between sexes, I really feel that I need some advice on something that has been bothering me for a while.

My personality is considered very \"strong\" by people in general. I voice my opinions quite strongly and I can be stubborn. I have a very feminine side, but it isn\'t noticable until people get to know me. My friends describe me as Sandra Bullock in Two Week\'s Notice. So I\'m like a highly educated, sharp tongued and sharp-witted, defensive urban female. Get the picture?

Anyway, I have always envied those highly sexual queen bee type divas who always have (and need) those \"10 men\" who hover around them. At the same time, I have many times felt disrespectful towards them too, becuase I didn\'t see why they needed all that attention--and why they would go out of their way to keep those men around them all the time. However, more often I envied them and felt inadequate about myself as a female. I always saw myself as a nerdy, uptight, intense dork compared to them and I think I used to be a \"wanna-bee\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But I don\'t feel like that anymore and just accept them \"as is\". Yet, their behavior pattern has not changed towards me.

Through repeated experience, I noticed something interesting. These women, who just seemed like they owned the world through all the attention they received from men, tend to NOT like me. I realized that something in me sparks their competetive side and they usually go out of their way to make me feel bad and not attractive (as if I already didn\'t feel like that!). I don\'t get it...why would these queen bee divas who have all the men they want around them go out of their way to be competetive against a woman who is clearly not as sexual as they are, and perhaps not even as charming as they are around men? I am physically attractive, but I tend to scare men off because of my defensive, insecure personality. I recently had a guy who showed interest in me at a party, and his \"best\" female friend came up to me and said that she is \"very protective\" of him and that she would have to approve of the girls he dated. I was like...whatever...

I felt that she was basically telling me to back off, which is what I did because I have no time to deal with weirdos like her. It turns out I was right because the guy later on told me that this girl said something negative about me...when she didn\'t even know anything about me. But interestingly, this is not the first time this has happened. So my question is...

What on earth would be sparking this? If I were like one of these women, I can see how they would feel threatened by me, but based on my \"lack of\" sexual air (thus my purchasing pheromones!) I don\'t get it....any idea?