Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Journeyman

Default Just a quick question

visit-red-300x50PNG
    OK ladies Ive got a quick question for you. I know its kinda early but I was wondering if you think getting a girl a rose and a card for Valentines day would be too much even If I dont go with her.

Default Re: Just a quick question

I think it is very sweet

Journeyman

Do you think this makes me look soft because thats not what I was going for.

Phero Enthusiast

Why theres nothing wrong with getting a girl a rose and a card.. that is very sweet,,, WHERES MINE!!!!! hehehehehe!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

hehehehehehehhehe.........

**DONOTDELETE**

You\'re never wrong with a rose and a card. As far as it making you look soft - no. Look, think of it like this - you appreciate it if a woman does something that makes you feel manly, or makes you feel that she recognizes and appreciates you as a man, right? Flowers make women feel their femininity is recognized and appreciated. That\'s never a bad move.

Phero Dude

If I didn\'t like the guy, I wouldn\'t like him giving me a Valentine\'s gift. I would feel he was being presumptuous. That holiday is real special to me.

Journeyman

I am a guy just to clarify.

Phero Enthusiast

FTR,, I deffinatly agree with you on this one,, me i love getting flowers anytime not just for the holiday but to have a guy see me and just say hi this is for you and give me any flower is so sweet and thoughtful, even if its just from a friend, which alot of my friends do..

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah. I certainly can understand Lucky\'s take on it, too. Valentine\'s day is a big deal to me, too. But a little gesture of affection with no strings attached, seems to me, what could it hurt? It would sure make my day. Different strokes, eh?

Phero Dude

trejoe,
    We really need to know more about your relationship with this girl.

Journeyman

Well me and the girl have been freinds for about 10 months she seems to know that I like her but all she says is we will see where the relationship will go (God I need a car) but thats about it If you got anymore questions or comments keep um coming and my email service will let me now when you post them.

trejoe

In the past I grew about two dozen types of roses in my yard. To keep producing, roses should be cut regularly. As a result, in the spring and summer, many women got roses from me. Some of the bushes were very prolific and I ended up giving away roses by the dozens. Every lady I knew had roses on her desk, made me real popular.

There was a downside, a lot of people thought I was hitting on them. One ape thought I was hitting on his girlfriend and threatened to kill me. I quit giving her flowers. The point is, be careful, there is a lot of room for misinterpretation. If you don\'t want it to seem romantic, stay away from the red roses. Yellow or white works well or some of the multi-colored is fine. There is one called the \'Peace\' rose that is spectacular.

The rose bushes in my new house are only a couple years old so don\'t produce much yet. In a few years they will be back.

**DONOTDELETE**

Or skip the roses. Daisies are beautiful, too. I love them just as much.

HINT HINT

Ever seen the nicotine plants flowers? look like daisys but many nice colors. Wayside gardens sells them on line. They don\'t grow well in my climate [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

If she knows you like her and she\'s still being your friend, I don\'t think she would mind getting the flowers; I still wouldn\'t do it for Valentine\'s Day.

Remember this. A girl or woman never minds hearing how beautiful she is, and she doesn\'t care who thinks it (am I right ladies?) or who tells her. That\'s what I think would work. Give her a single rose sometime this week and tell her something like \" I saw this rose in the store and immediately thought of how beautiful you are to me, so I bought it for you.\" There\'s no pressure on either one of you. She knows that you think she is beautiful and that you are kind and sincere.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hell yeah, you\'re right.
    I\'ll take flowers any day for any reason from anyone and be happy about it.

Do you mean the Nicotiana? They don\'t look like daisies. More the straw flowers (which is usually a garden plant) or Gerberas as something to get from a florist.
    Honestly, though, if you like the girl, and she knows it, get her some flowers, but not roses, since she\'s hedging on dating you. (If she wants roses, she needs to quit sitting the fence! lol) Gerberas are great any time of year and most girls love them. Cheap too. Also daisies--can make a big bouquet for little dough with those.

FTR, they\'re one of my faves too.

Y\'all have been friend for a while, right? Do you know what her favorite flower is?

**DONOTDELETE**

Must be a redhead thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You know what else? Carnations. I love them extremely. So lacy and frilly, and the scent is so heady. And peonies. and and and

A couple of years ago one of my attorneys gave me daisies in a round clear vase for secretaries\' day. I was the envy of the office, even over secretaries who got roses. Daisies are so fresh and clean. Gerberas are nice too but I wish they came in white with yellow centers.

**Do you mean the Nicotiana? They don\'t look like daisies. More the straw flowers (which is usually a garden plant) or Gerberas.**

Yes, that\'s the one. I\'m just a computer techy. To me, a cone flower looks a lot like a daisy, too. Whatever the proper name, they are an attractive flower and I wish they did better in my this climate.

Journeyman

Im trying to do my best not to make her or me feel to weird because the only way I would be able to give her the flowers would be at work and I dont want to just walk in there with some flowers and a card and have people watch me giving her the flower and card (It wont bother me as much as it would bother her) She is kinda shy around me but talkative around others. Well when it boils down to it Im trying to do this as desceretly as possible.

They\'re working on every color Gerbera you can think of--even dark blue, but it\'s ugly. I think there is a white w/ yellow center. I\'ll check the book downstairs in a sec. Did your florist say they couldn\'t GET them, or that they don\'t come in that color? Personally, I love the yellows and reds.
    I love flowers and plants in general, which is why I\'m studying horticulture--I can play with them all day and get PAID for it.

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ve just never seen them that color, so assumed they weren\'t available in that color.

How about having a friend who doesn\'t work there play delivery boy for you? He can stop in at work during lunch or whenever is convenient. You can always sign the card \"from a secret admirer\" and then ask her later if she liked the flowers.

Default Thinking about flowers

What I find amusing is that flowers are the female sex organs of plants. (Maybe not always - but mostly)

Somehow, we male animals have a custom of giving plant female sex organs to our future or current female sex partners.

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Thinking about flowers

I like a nice bouquet of purple iris\'s, orange tiger lillies, balck eyes susans,carantions and of mix babys breath and fern leafs... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] mmmmmm.. they smell sooooo good.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, that\'s a beautiful combination! Purple iris and tiger lillies and black eyed susan, what a good eye you have! What color carnations? I love those Japanese iris, cobalt blue with the yellow in the centers, mixed with yellow jonquils or yellow roses, too. In a blue vase. Can you be any happier than looking at that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Well my fav carnations are the white with the redish borders and also the real nice bright pink ones..My fav roses are the yellow with redish orange trim, or bright yellow. The iris color purple is my fav as thats my fav color and blue is also a fav color of mine.. Here we have huge lilac bushes and i pick lots those and fill the house with 6 to 7 vases of them and the house just smells soooo wonderful..out here in the woods we have tons wild flowers in the spring and summer. the ones that really get to me are these tiny little purpleish blue ones that grow in the moss coverd valleys in the hills where i go and the smell is so breath taking so is the view, love just laying there on a soft blanket, in the purest of air and the aroma just lifts your troubles away,, and so does the man thats there next to ya...hehehehe!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Enlightened One

I wonder if there is any correlation there, good point whitehall.

**DONOTDELETE**

I think there\'s a correlation. It\'s as if to say \"a sweet for a sweet.\" A flower for a ahem, ah, flower, so to speak.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information