Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default for the guys who don\'t like strong perfumes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    For those of you who don\'t like strong perfumes on your ladies, what do you prefer? I mean something you can\'t smell before she comes in the room, more like just when you get next to her.
    And for those of you with ladies who wear -mones, what\'s your favorite combination?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: for the guys who don\'t like strong perfumes

I prefer my own perfumes on ladies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Second is flower essential oils.

Sexyredhead- What fragrances do you wear?

Now I wear OP Juice, which has a fresh, clean smell. I used to wear Calyx, which was a light floral with some grapefruit thrown in, and before that Contradiction, by Calvin Klein. I tend to wear one for several months to a year, then get tired of it and look for something new.
    A lot of times I don\'t wear any perfume though. Strong ones give me a headache. I like the smell of Beautiful, but only on the clothes worn the day before. My mom wears it, and it almost turns me cross-eyed if I\'m stuck in a small room with her. A friend from Paris sent me Angel as a gift, and I love the smell, but it\'s way too strong for me to wear, except when he\'s around, which isn\'t very often. I like to sniff the bottle though. lol
    I often wear EO\'s in lotion, since I generally shower after the gym in the morning before going to school/work, and I put on lotion after my shower. I use lavender, light rose, light almond, hibiscus (a fave), apple, or a light honeydew when I mix it up.
    I don\'t want to be smelled before I walk in the room. I like a guy to be able to smell me if he\'s standing next to me, but to really appreciate the scent, he has to bury his nose in my neck. Therefore if I do wear perfume, I usually spray it on my hair, my lower back, and my wrists, since my chest and behind my ears seem to create enough heat to make me smell it half the day, and that\'s too strong, IMO.

I am the opposite...I don\'t believe in being subtle.[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I wear Angel perfume and couldn\'t have asked for a more custom made scent for me. Thanks again FTR for recommending it.

A friend of mine is like that. I always know sif he\'s stopped by my office because it smells like her perfume for a long time after she leaves.
    I prefer to have an illusive scent, with the invitation for a man to come find where I put it on.

Are you one of those guys who makes his own scents for his ladies? A friend of mine does that, and his always smell good.

**DONOTDELETE**

Sexyredhead, you and I have the same taste. I love Calyx, wore it for a long time ... and am always on the look out for something soft and subtle. I love the va-voom scents but they wear me rather than the other way around.

Have you ever tried Flower by Kenzo? If not, smell it next time you are in Sephora. It\'s not me, but it smells beautiful.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, I\'ll try it. Frenchie raves about Kenzo. Maybe that would be a nice one for Sexyredhead, too. Last night I was looking at Burt\'s Bees products - they have a baby scent in solid form that got good reviews - I bet that would be nice.

I have the baby scent in solid. I like to put it on when I get out of the shower. It has a soft, sweet smell.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey - slightly off topic but maybe not - Downy finally came out with an unscented fabric softener. I\'ve been wanting that for ages. Now your clothes smell won\'t compete with your skin smell and you can put your own scent on a paper towel and throw it in with the clothes in the drier.

Kenzo does sound good. I\'ll look into it.
    I\'m addicted to the Burt\'s Bees lip balm. Used to have a bad habit of chewing my lip when stressed out, and having something that tastes good on my lips that stays for hours makes licking my lips much more preferable. Very pepperminty. A guy I know has a shop in the next town that sells all kinds of Burt\'s. I\'m not big into baby-type scents, but maybe they have something else I might like. Thanks, ladies.

<I\'m addicted to the Burt\'s Bees lip balm. >

Me too [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I didn\'t think the unscented got my clothes as soft. Or maybe I\'m just smoking crack. lol
    I use an old wash cloth instead of a paper towel, but I find it takes more than I think it should. How much do you put on the paper towel?

<Now your clothes smell won\'t compete with your skin smell and you can put your own scent on a paper towel and throw it in with the clothes in the drier. >

I never knew this! How much perfume do you have to use to make the scent noticeable?

**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, I used an old wash cloth, too. Was thinking a paper towel would do as well. And I used ... are you ready ... Baby Powder scent from the craft store. About three dabs (invert the bottle on the cloth once = dab) did nicely. You know the section where the candlemaking equipment is, in craft stores? They have little bottles of all kinds of scents. The one I picked up just says \"Fragrance Oils Baby Powder,\" All Natural Botanicals, Pinellas Park, FL 33781.

Would it work with my perfume?

I use 10-15 drops EO from an eyedropper on a washrag. The scent is subtle, not quite like a dryer sheet, but it\'s there. That may be the equivalent of three dabs from a bottle. I\'m not sure.
    When I first learned about it, I was told 3 drops would get it. All I noticed coming out the dryer doing that was a good-smelling wash cloth and a lot of unscented clothes. lol

**DONOTDELETE**

OH yeah. Couple of drops of Angel I\'m sure would work. YUM. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I washed my pillow shams and the sheets SDR and I were on -- put them in the drier - came back to get them, and the entire wash room smelled like pheromones. Woo-hoo! What a high.

**DONOTDELETE**

None of the males answered this question. Why is that?

Phero Dude

Doc,
    Tell me about some of your scents. You make your own, that\'s wonderful.

**DONOTDELETE**

DrSmellThis answered. A truthful answer but one that wouldn\'t help Sexyredhead pick a perfume ...

Puchi\'s right, c\'mon guys. No favorites?

Phero Pharaoh

sorry, i\'m like Doc and make my own from EO\'s

Banned User

Oh, I believe that I can help you with this....

The best types of perfumes that are liked by guys are the kind of stuff that you can get from Victoria Secrets and stuff...The body spray, and light smelling sexy, sweet smelling spays/mist.....Spray a little bit of that wherever, I dont\' know where women usually spray it...Behind wrist, neck, etc...

That is the best stuff, also, it costs much less than perfume...

Women are supposed to be light nice smelling, not alpha women, or a 90 year old women with such strong perfume you get a headache from it....

Nice, light, sweet smelling...

Bart

**DONOTDELETE**

I believe Sexyredhead was looking for actual names of colognes. Victoria\'s Secret makes several different scents and some of them are quite overpowering. Rapture, for example, is pukacious ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

I am sorry FullTiltRedhead, I do not know if the same applies for Victoria Secrets ( I remember Vicotoria Secret\'s because of the adds on t.v., got to love them chics...)

I believe what I was talking about was mostly bath and body works.

Now, I do know that there is a cologne in Victoria Secrets called Very Sexy, for Him, I believe there should be the same, for Her, I have been told of it\'s very nice smell ( not powerful like cologne) by someone else, perhaps you should try it...If you are at the Victoria Secrets becasue you were LURRED in by their WONDER HOT adds....

Bart

(Semi Annual bra sale just 14.99...lol)

You know, I think you and I must definitely have the same nose for perfume, FTR. I don\'t like any of the scents from VS--except one apple one they don\'t make anymore. Mostly they smell like alcohol or are just too strong. And the lotions have excessively sweet overtones--don\'t like them. B&BW on the other hand, does have some nice ones. They sometimes go on after a shower too. Sweet Pea smells nice. Got that from friend Clay for Christmas. Also the Juniper Berry/Breeze, whatever it\'s called, smells good.

I was just wondering mostly what kind of scents the guys were preferring on their ladies, if they like more subtle fragrances. And for those who do make -mone potions for their ladies, I\'m wondering what -mones they prefer to put in the mix?

**DONOTDELETE**

Bassman would be good on this. and so would Alchemist, who I haven\'t seen around in a long time.

upsidedown

You know, as a man, I don\'t like any of the scents in Vicotria\'s Secret either. In fact, I was in there just a few days ago trying out Wolfe\'s strategy of hanging out in there seeing if the pheromones get attention from the women in there. I was so self-conscious being in there by myself that I didn\'t last 5 minutes. But, when I WAS in there, I spent most of my time smelling various different body scents and perfumes and such. I figured it was a lot safer to be seen putting my nose in the perfumes than to go around burying my face in the lingerie and sniffing it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, I found the men\'s Very Sexy to be absolutely HORRID! I tried wearing it once from a small sample bottle. I couldn\'t stand it! Just way too too much..and awful smelling.. And, I\'m the same way with women\'s scents. I don\'t particularly like to be blown over with the scent, but prefer it to be more subdued.

But, as far as particular scents, I can\'t help you either or I would. I\'ve been without a S.O. female friend for quite a while now, and am not in any position to ask about a specific scent I like, and so I have no firsthand information I can provide. I\'m sure that\'s why you\'re not getting many responses from guys as well. I\'m sure a lot of guys probably just simply don\'t know any of the names of the scents to be able to tell you.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information