Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Phero Pharaoh

Default Re: for the guys who don\'t like strong perfumes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    lmao..coward [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] actually i found a new mall to go to thats even better than the one i used before..one b4 only had a VS
    the one i meet Bel at is futher away but has a VS and a Fredricks of Hollywoods [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    BONAZA

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Yes. If she wants to go for it, I base it on her various \"natural body smells.\" If I have time, I might pick out 20 distinct smells from someone\'s body, then match oils to them. I\'ve had to train my nose. Then she gets something tailored to various aspects of her body chemistry. I\'ve had only enthusiastic, positive feedback so far. It\'s a fairly intimate process we both have to be ready for... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Not to pry into your trade secrets but I\'m intrigued in a big way. What kinds of oils would you use to match a woman\'s own natural smells? would you mind giving an example or two. I mean, I have a feeling you\'re not talking just flower essences.

Right now I have a fresh one, with ylang notes (inspired by my mother), a classic floral, with rose notes (inspired by EW), and a lemony amber oriental (inspired by a bottle of expensive sherry I couldn\'t stop smelling). They are laced with pheromones and natural musks. They are made with some of the most expensive, pure essential oils available. I use small amounts of synthetic substances only for strategic purposes, when there is a specific reason to do so (e.g, pheromones). But even the fixatives are natural, which is not the case for commercial perfumes. Even the best ones have lots of synthetics these days. Some ingredients are very hard to find. I\'m pretty attached to them. They are like friends. Ah yes, the mental illnesses of perfumers.

There are probably 50-100 ingredients in each one. I started off not being able to blend two oils without them clashing, and used to think it was impossible to mix too many oils without clashes happening. But that is not the case at all, if everything is in proportion.

**DONOTDELETE**

Fibronacci?

My best advice for sexyredhead is to email Chris from the Perfume House about what you are looking for, in as much detail as you can muster. I posted the link once, and it can be found through a search. I don\'t want everyone to do it. He is one of the world\'s foremost experts on perfumes, (he is what they call a \"nose\") and sells more classic, rare perfumes than any shop in the world. That is where I buy perfume.

I wish I had it that scientific. Just intimate knowledge of the oils.

Well, there was one woman whose prominent smell was benzoin. There was another who smelled primarily of Indian spices. Luckily I cook Indian food. Sometimes they end up smelling like me and I have to start over. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You have to have an open mind going in.

**DONOTDELETE**

This is amazing ... so, now, what are you smelling? Pits, ear wax, cooter? And when you make the perfume, you\'re making it to smell as much like them as possible or to balance their smell, or what? A custom made perfume to me would be like the holy grail. I\'m constantly searching for just the right thing and it\'s always just slightly beyond my grasp. It\'s like the perfect color lipstick. I\'ll still be looking the day I die, and thinking, um, almost, it *just* misses, I can\'t quite put my finger on it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

The answer to all that is yes.

Holy Grail would be a good name for my 1:1 perfumery. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That is really fascinating. Any common threads you find among your ladies?
    My nose isn\'t nearly that good. I can only tell you what I like and don\'t like, unfortunately. I\'ll email Chris, if you think it will help. And not to be stupid, but would you send me a private post and give me a pointer or two on the kind of things to tell him? I\'d really appreciate it.

I use some cumin, EW, musk, -nol, and ambergris, for every woman, but in different ratios depending on her smell.

Doc,

Where do you get your ambergris?

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

Wolfe,

Thanks. I\'ve already got Madini\'s Ambargris. I really like it. In fact I think I may have given you that link a while back.
    I was just wondering about different sources.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

lol, i can\'t say..have gotten links from you and DrS so not sure whos is whos [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so just thoughtt i\'d pass it along even if you don\'t use someone else might..much of what you and i ( and DrS\'s info) was done on PM\'s
    PS: so DrS if thats not your link post it here for me to see to as well as oscar would ya?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    actually i got like 6 differant links from the 2 of you on EO\'s and perfume making

Phero Pharaoh

hey oscar do you have a Bath and Body works near you?..man they have some good EO\'s and broad selection too.

Phero Pro

natural or synthetic EO\'s, if natural how much in terms of cost?

Phero Pro

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/new/aroma/oils.jsp

This is what they got, not sure on the costs...(hehe answered my own post).

Bergamot, Citrus aurantium bergamia
    Bergamot oil, commonly harvested in the Italian countryside, is best known for its uplifting properties. Blends well with Neroli, Jasmine, Lavender and Coriander essential oils.

Cedarwood, Juniperus virginiana
    One of the oldest known essential oils, Virginian Cedarwood is esteemed for its soothing and calming properties. Blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Sandalwood and Patchouli essential oils.

Chamomile, Anthemis nobilis
    Wonderfully soothing Chamomile essential oil from France calms the soul and promotes relaxation. Blends well with Rose, Geranium, Lavender and Neroli essential oils.

Cinnamon Bark In Clove Oil, Cinnamomum cassia
    With its warm, spicy scent, Madagascar Cinnamon essential oil is well known for its ability to promote vitality and help increase energy. Blends well with Ginger, Lavender, Geranium and Sweet Bay essential oils.

Clary Sage, Salvia sclarea
    Intoxicating Clary Sage essential oil is renowned for its ability to calm and relax the mind. Mixes well with Lavender, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Cedarwood and Tea Tree essential oils.

Coriander, Coriandrum sativum
    Russian-harvested Coriander essential oil clears the mind and energizes the body. Mixes well with Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Clover, Bergamot and Geranium essential oils.

Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus globulus
    Distilled in Spain and Brazil, Eucalyptus essential oil is widely used for its refreshing and stimulating properties. Mixes well with lavender, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Spearmint and Tea Tree essential oils.

Geranium, Geranium maculatum
    Natural essence of Geranium, commonly from the Reunion Islands, is renowned for its balancing and refreshing qualities. Mixes well with Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Rose essential oils.

Ginger, Zingiber officinale
    Long revered in its native Asia, Ginger essential oil is best loved for its stimulating and fortifying properties. Mixes well with Grapefruit, Geranium, Spearmint, Patchouli and Lavender, essential oils.

Grapefruit, Citrus grandis
    Fresh-picked, sparkling Florida Grapefruit essence refreshes the senses and lifts the spirit. Mixes well with Orange, Tangerine, Neroli and Peppermint essential oils.

Jasmine, Jasminum officinale
    The luscious fragrance of Indian Jasmine essential oil is often used to stimulate and intoxicate the senses, Mixes well with Rose, Geranium, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chamomile, Ylang-Ylang essential oils.

Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
    Natural Lavender essential oil, harvested in the lush French countryside, promotes a sense of calm and relaxation. Mixes well with Rose, Geranium, Patchouli and Rosemary essential oils.

Neroli, Citrus aurantium
    Beautifully fragrant Tunisian Neroli essential oil soothes and calms the senses. Mixes well with Orange, Ginger, Tangerine, Lavender, Rose, Jasmine and Bergamot essential oils.

Orange, Citrus aurantium amara
    Fresh from Tunisia, Orange essence helps refresh the mind and raise the spirits. Mixes well with Grapefruit, Ginger, Tangerine and Lavender essential oils.

Patchouli, Pogostemon cablin
    Native to Asia, calming Patchouli oil is often used as a relaxant for the mind. Mixes well with Rose, Geranium, Cedarwood, Tea Tree, Vanilla and Bergamot essential oils.

Peppermint, Menta piperita
    Fresh-picked peppermint from America\'s Heartland stimulates, invigorates and refreshes the senses. Mixes well with Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lavender and Spearmint.

Rose, Rosa centifolia
    Known best for its sensuous fragrance, Bulgarian Rose essence also helps purify the senses and creates a romantic mood. Mixes well with Geranium, Patchouli, Chamomile, Ylang-Ylang and Vanilla essential oils.

Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
    Fresh from the fields of Tunisia, Rosemary essential oil calms apprehension while stimulating the spirit. Mixes well with Spearmint. Peppermint, Geranium, Lavender, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus essential oils.

Sandalwood, Santalum album
    Dark, exotic and seductive, Indian Sandalwood is known for its ability to relax and soothe the mind. Mixes well with Patchouli, Cedarwood, Rose, Cinnamon and Sweet Bay essential oils.

Spearmint, Mentha viridis
    Fresh from the American Midwest, aromatic, Spearmint is know for its invigorating and refreshing qualities. Mixes well with Eucalyptus, Rosemary. Geranium, Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils.

Sweet Bay, Laurus nobilis
    Fresh from the lush Mediterranean, Sweet Bay essential oil helps restore a sense of balance to a busy mind. Mixes well with Ginger, Cinnamon, Coriander, Patchouli and Cedarwood essential oils.

Tangerine, Citrus tangerina
    The essential oil pressed from freshly picked Florida Tangerines is widely valued for its ability to soothe and refresh both mind and body. Mixes well with Orange, Neroli, Vanilla, Cinnamon and Bergamot essential oils.

Tea Tree, Melaleuca alternifolia
    Native to Australia, naturally cleansing Tea Tree oil has a warm, spicy odor that helps calm the senses. Mixes well with Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Geranium, Lavender and Spearmint essential oils.

Vanilla, Vanilla planifolia
    Vanilla essence, cultivated in Mexico and Central America, has a warm, rich aroma, well known to help calm the senses and relieve stress. Mixes well with Patchouli, Cedarwood, Rose, Geranium, Cinnamon and Sweet Bay essential oils.

Ylang-Ylang, Cananga odoratum
    Grown on the palm-swept beaches of Comoros Island, Ylang-Ylang seduces the senses and readies you for romance.

**DONOTDELETE**

They also make some blends - I particularly like the grapefruit/peppermint one for burning in a fragrance burner for the house. Very uplifting.

Phero Pharaoh

naturals and very very expensive some of them( 10-12 times Bruces) [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    all are expensive..3-4 times what Bruce gets on a EO(and thats the cheap ones)

pm me O

Phero Pro

Just picked up Sandalwood at Bath & Body Works, 1 Fluid Oz. for $18, came with a free travel size aromatherapy product of your choice - I took a 2 Fl. Oz Cedarwood Sage - nourishing body lotion. Seemed like a decent deal, picked them up in a store in NYC, so it could be cheaper elsewhere, not sure if you\'d get the freebie lotion with it or not.

So now this is an oil, I was told previously it wouldn\'t mix well with the chem set mixes as they are all ethanol based. What do you do with it? Apply it like a cologne (I assume this is concentrated so only a drop or so spread around), or mix it with oil based products such as PI, or mix with something else? Maybe I could put a drop of the Sandalwood into a dollop of the body lotion (either the free trial on an unscented lotion) & mix in my drops from the chem set per application & then apply to my lower arms or even my neck, comments?

Thanks!

If indeed it\'s true Sandalwood EO, it will mix fine with alcohol media. I do it all the time.

Default Re: for the guys who don\'t like strong perfumes *DELETED*

Post deleted by BassMan

**DONOTDELETE**

Their oils are dilute enough that you can use them straight on your skin. My thought would be, if you wanted to mix it, put it in the unscented lotion rather than the Cedarwood Sage blend. Try a little of the oil on the inside of your arm and do a patch test, make sure it doesn\'t irritate your skin over a 24 hour period, and see how the scent holds up. That should give you a better idea of what to do with it.

Phero Pro

Ingredients: Carthamus Tinctorius (Hybrid Safflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitmain E)

Sounds like good stuff to me!

Dunno. I doubt the Safflower seed oil will mix with EtOH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information