Close

Phero Dude

Default Androstenone Fragrance Additive?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Has anybody tried AFA?

If so, how does it compare to NPA and TE? I noticed it\'s WAY expen$ive in comparison... Is this because it doesn\'t smell like the others?

Randy

Default Re: Androstenone Fragrance Additive?

Randy,

AFA is one of the few I haven\'t tried.I don\'t think many HAVE. I do have data and at least one review on the smell.

CJ said that when she first opened the bottle its smell reminded her of VODKA.Thats a lot better than how a lot of these products smell.And you\'re right ,that\'s why it costs more.It IS listed as unscented.

As a percentage of weight AFA has .020% Androstenone and .019% Androstenol giving it a total phero concentration of .039% .That translates to 0.39 mg. of phero per ml. of product,for a total bottle content of 2.925 mg. of pheromones.

AE\'s .039% ranks it 5th on the potency list,just under #4 NPA at.04% and above #6 Attraction at .0293%.

And the expense? AFA comes in at $17.08 per mg. of phero,definitely the most expensive in its \"class\". NPA costs $14.97/mg.
    AE costs $14.80/mg. and PI is $13.99/mg. Even P10 is a better dollar value at $12.99/mg.(and it\'s a Stone Labs product too.)

But the lack of smell interests me and I know I\'ll eventually try some.If it lasts as long as my Alter Ego ,AND DOESN\'T STINK TO BOOT,it may actually be a bargain. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar

Yo! Are we the only Pennsylvaniacs on the board? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

It´s not really too expensive if you find it works well for you. It was VERY popular on the old old board. It was very much recommended which is why I eventually decided to give it a try- that and the fact that it doesn´t smell. It really doesn´t and that makes it a great phero to add to any fragrance and the -none and -nol ratio is nicely balanced. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Dude

So about what would be the preferred ratio of AFA to the mixer?

R.

Randy,

If you\'re talking about the world-reknown, patented, \"JAMBAT FORMULA\" of 70% APC to 30% NPA the proportions would remain the same, 70% APC and 30% AFA, to get similar total phero ratios.(NPA is .040% pheros , AFA is .039% pheros, a minimal difference).

NPA probably has a higher Androstenone to Androstenol ratio than AFA,(I rely on my nose to tell me this, because NPA is made by LaCroy who, unlike Stone ,hasn\'t given us clear content info) so you\'ll likely end up with a less A-NONE-y mixture.Might be good. If not enough kick,add a little more AFA.

Happy Mixing,
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Oscar

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah - AFA is great stuff; I\'ve had it in my arsenal for quite awhile; it\'s GREAT for blending with other stuff, as it\'s got NO scent really whatsoever that I can detect (though you do catch a very faint andro scent, and to me it gives my nose a tingle) other than the alcohol base that it\'s in. I really like to use it completely alone as I\'m not a big cologne guy, and hate to have to cover some other products with strong fragrances to mask the scent of the \'mones. NO ONE knows when you wear this stuff - truly a \"stealth mode\" product. Seems to be more of a unisex product - I\'ve gotten some great results in the conference room with clients of both sexes; just seems to make everyone more at ease and MUCH more friendly. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

A variation on a favorite combo is to use 2 drops of AFA with 2 drops of PPA - no cover scent required.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Hey Idol, have you ever used AE for business situations? Or nPA?

Thread Information