Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Phero Pharaoh

Default Roses... Adding Phero\'s to them...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Was just lying in bed trying to get to sleep. Unsuccessfully. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 1:00am almost hehehe

Got this lovely young lady I am going to approach. (Mentioned her in off topics. Her friend likes me instead thing.)
    Anyway, was going to take this one lightly and wait till the next time I saw her. All of the sudden I\'ve decided to make the move with \'impact\'. Was thinking of asking to meet her somewhere to get to know more about her. To do this I have just decided to bring in a small rose as well.

What I was wondering was:

Has anyone tried adding mones to flowers or roses to help with the impact of them??

My family owns and runs a large rose grower/wholesaler. So I have access to thousands of different varieties to play with here. Some with amazing scents. Some with light scents. And of course a range of colors and sizes.

Any suggestions for pheromones, quantity and type ??

Maybe the ladies (and experienced guys) can also help with what color,scent strength, open bud/closed bud I should use... Or whether this is the wrong idea even?

Don\'t know much about this girl. First impressions are the best I\'ve had in a long time. I just want to know more about her. But of course I want it to go well right from the start. To give you an idea I never make moves like this. This one has impressed me quite a bit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (Will this scare her off??) I will be able to handle this in a reasonable cool,not overboard way with humour etc.

Phero Pharaoh

Default Re: Roses... Adding Phero\'s to them...

Sorry about the length. Wasn\'t too sure wether to split this post up into \'other topics\' as well... But I\'ll leave it as is.

Phero Pharaoh

i have seen other talk about doing that, along with cards they\'ve sent. what you use on it varies alot though. what products do you have on hand? (color, type-open/closed, can\'t really say bout that)
    i have used -mones on clothing and pillow cases and had good results from it(others cloths/pillows) so flowers should be fine too.

Phero Pharaoh

Yeah ...good point I should have said. I have SoE and PI/m at the moment (and Lure) . Ordered AE and NPA. Won\'t see them until early next week I don\'t think.

I might have to try putting some on a rose first to see if it will do anything to it... fade it etc or even react into a putrid smell!!

Phero Pharaoh

SoE roll-on?. i\'d say that +a drop of PI would do fine--try it on the stem part though, so as not to mess up the -rose- scent

Yeah I did that, it\'s in a thread somewhere...

I used SOE:AE:NPA, and some Patchuilli (sp?) skin oil stuff.

It worked a treat, she said \"It was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me\". There were lots of DIHLs from her, and her friends (was her b-day) and she was all over me. There was some history as you will read if you fing the thread, but it DID have an effect.

She has dried it and keeps it in a little box (i think), and apparently it still smells great.

Phero Pharaoh

Cpt i like your style [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

I like it I think Ill try it (if you dont mind that is) I heard that girls really dig that romantic stuff and you got some good results oh but out of curiousity what color was the rose and were did u stick the mones.

Journeyman

I asked this because red stands for passiion but I dont know what white stands for or if they have any other color roses. I was goin to use it for a gift for a friend.

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

I asked this because red stands for passiion but I dont know what white stands for or if they have any other color roses. I was goin to use it for a gift for a friend.

<hr></blockquote>The web is a thing of wonder...

http://www.reynoldsflowers.com/RoseSymbolism.htm
    <a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.ofspirit.com/anjaheij7.htm>http://www.ofspirit.com/anjaheij7.htm</a>

Enlightened One

Yes i do also.

Phero Pharaoh

Thanks All. I will give it a shot.

Great links to symbolism of the colours.

Wolfe, Yeah SoE Roll-on. So should be easier then a gel!

Thanks for the quick responses

Enlightened One

The roll on SOE is way much easier than the gel packs and still very effective. The rollers work great and dont clog up at least on SOE and PCC anyway.

PCC = Passion couplin concentrate available from the stone labs section.

**DONOTDELETE**

moses suposes his toes were roses....

I used to do things like this, but i\'ve found that it sort of comes opn too strong, too fast. I\'d reccomend saving the roses for a later date. My problem with them tends to be cost (probably not an issue with you), versus the unidentified aspect. On a first meeting, i tend to keep it light, with a more \"testing\" approach to see if shes even worth spending more time with, let alone money. I typically go for coffee or a couple cocktails and talking, typically after 8 and typically midweek for a first date. This has a couple advantages:

1 nobody has to deal with the cost of a dinner or anything really expensive. I\'m only looking for women who will give as well as receive. I\'ve been taken advantage of too many times in my early relationships so self sufficency is an important factor in a woman for me now.
    2. it keeps things light in a \"we\'ll see\" attitude. this off-puts the wolf vibe you could get from coming on too strong.
    3. if things get good, we can always relocate somewhere more private for a talk, or something else...
    4. it keeps the weekends free for other endeavors. I try to save my free time for things i want to do, or spending time with women i am already seeing, not potential women with whom i haven\'t established an intimate connection with.

This may just be me, but something to consider. the formula has worked very well for me. any other insights or critiques would be appreciated.

Phero Pharaoh

You are right.
    In fact as this current day has progressed I\'ve decided to ask her out on a half date. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Was worried about the \'too strong\' thing too. I\'m not worried about the date itself. It\'s the asking part. Have to concentrate on keeping that non-threatening, I\'m thinking.

First I was thinking of just asking if she wanted to just go out to get some dinner, something as simple as pizza etc, and sort of talk and drop her off home. A reeeeeel quick just get to know you date. But what you said is a better idea. Thanks. Just drinks sounds less stressful.

And I agree on the midweek thing. My thinking was different though...she was more likely to be available that night.
    She\'s on a temp job, and isn\'t a local, so there\'s no gym, knitting club etc that could be planned. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Decided on making the move for Thursday night.

With the rose I will still go ahead with it at this point. But lightly. Certainly no Red rose. Decided on a single \'Pink\' rose for grace, beauty and femininity. And I\'ll make that point to her too [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Certainly going to let her know that it\'s just to find out more about her. I\'m pretty good at putting across stuff in a fun way so it won\'t be too strong or too fast if all goes well.

Yeah money isn\'t the problem as you are aware of (with roses at least). I just walk outside and we have something like 1,500,000 rose bushes of different types there to cut. LOL
    Already found a small, great looking stemed rose with an excellent fragrance. Puuuuuuuurfect.

As far as the mones go. I\'ll wear a low -none mix. I\'m thinking Soe:PI/m 4:1 maybe lower again, maybe even 5:1 or 9:2 ???.

For the rose I\'ll do something similar in a light dose I think. Still trying to read as many posts as a I can. From what I\'ve read so far, I\'ve already decided to move down from KR#1 to a lighter concoction of the same products. If I had NPA and AE here (they are ordered) already I might consider them too, but I\'ve had good reactions to what I\'ve got at the moment so I\'ll lighten my usual doses for a one on one

You know what\'s funny?? I\'ve lived on a rose farm all my life and this is the most interest I\'ve ever showed in them! ROTFL

Dude, thanks for the advice, it\'s already had an impact on my thinking.

**DONOTDELETE**

I think it\'s an excellent idea to bring her a flower on a first date. A single rose, especially NOT a red rose, is perfect. Especially if, by contrast, you keep the conversation light and the date friendly, and let the flower speak for your more serious hopes (or darker intentions, as the case may be). A dozen roses would not be a good move at all, by contrast. Roses are the most romantic, but daisies are surprisingly charming (not to mention more affordable), and the spring flowers are coming soon, too, and any of them works a little magic. Especially if she ever invites you to her place, it goes over well to bring flowers, and it doesn\'t have to be a big, expensive, bombastic arrangement; in fact, simpler is better, don\'t let the florist go nuts with ribbons and baby\'s breath and filler. It\'s hard not to be moved by flowers. Meet for drinks and the guy brings you a rose -- look, the worst it could be is that she tells all her friends you\'re a class act and she goes away from it feeling good, even if, worst case scenario, for some reason you decide the vibe with her just doesn\'t quite suit you, on closer inspection.

Phero Pharaoh

Thanks FTR,
    That helps with the decision on wether to bring the rose. I WILL bring one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not many guys here (where I live) will do something like that, because it\'s \"too soppy\" or they just plain don\'t think about it. That\'s my advantage if you ask me! I find similar things have surprised girls (pleasantly) and have been a plus. Except for a few playful times, I\'ve never given anyone a rose. I thought I\'d come accross as cheap because I have free access to them. But I eventually woke up to the fact that I was missing the point. They can be given, if wisely I suppose.

And thanks for confirming the colour etc thing. I feel a lot more confident with my choice. It\'s tempting (considering the free access I have) to go overboard. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Spring flowers??.... Hmmmm We\'re in summer here!! LOL

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, sorry! I didn\'t realize where you were. God, what\'s it like living on a rose farm? To me that would be like being a multi-millionaire.

Phero Pharaoh

\" God, what\'s it like living on a rose farm? \"

Colorful in the summer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The weather really brought out the colors this year.(Something I ignored till I started working out here) Whitest of whites, brightest yellows, Full Tilt Reds [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , oranges, multi-coloured. ... you get the picture.

But I spose it\'s the same as with any family business. If you grow up around it it\'s like \"blah blah blah\". [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

What time zone are you in??? You must be up late.

Phero Pharaoh

Oh. Oooops. Worked it out backwards. You are just getting up for work I spose.

Phero Pro

BundyBurger keep us apprised for how it turns out. Just my opinion but I would go for something a little stronger on the rose, I don\'t think a woman can feel threatened by a flower right? Might as well use deflection to your advantage.

Cheers!

**DONOTDELETE**

EST - yeah, I woke up very early this morning, for some reason. I\'m completely crazy about roses, can\'t imagine what it would be like to walk in a whole field of them. Nice. Is your family\'s business on line somewhere, do they sell retail?BTW, if you like to give flowers and want a rest from roses (although why ever would anyone? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), you can send 12 stems of dendrobium orchids for $37.50 from www.kaleialoha.com. I\'ve sent these as gifts to other women and got tears of joy. The people at the website are just lovely, lovely people, too. Once, somehow a digit got reversed on my card number and she couldn\'t process my order, tried to get in touch with me via email and I didn\'t get the email, and she sent the flowers ANYWAY, can you beat that? and of course eventually we caught up with each other and she got paid. They put in beautiful ferns, maidenhair and fiddler\'s fern, and it\'s big bang for the bucks, for a special occasion or big thanks/show of affection.

Phero Pharaoh

those that follow the rest are destained to be sheep [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    to me-IMHO- it is that \'differance\' between one person and
    another, and can make the diff in scoring or not.

BTW, my rose was orange, lazy flower shop people were sold out of red, made for a laugh when i gave it to her though!

Go with mostly -nol, i would recomend SOE for this. Perhaps a little -none, but A LITTLE!

Phero Pharaoh

OK people..I\'ll keep you up to date. I put eight drops of SoE on it last night and 1 drop of PI around the base. But it\'s amazing I can\'t smell either on the rose!! It (the rose) IS highly frangrant, not in an overwhelming way, so I might get away with more -none on it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Unless the product has beeen absorbed into it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

There\'s a negative point though I just checked it again this morning and the products have \'burnt\' and killed where they touched. Have put some on the stem to see how that goes. Maybe if I just pre-mix and carefully \'drop\' into the centre. Noticed that the leaves don\'t absorb it at all and stay \'oily\'.

BTW won\'t be going with 8 drops of SoE! Probably 4.

Enlightened One

The oil may be stopping the roses from breathing interfering with the oxygen transfer ( i did a high school experiment many years ago with sunscreen and roses and it killed them it could also be the sunlight is getting through for photosynthesis)
    0 to worry about though.

Phero Pharaoh

FTR,
    Yes. There is an online presence www.treloar-roses.com.au. We sell retail too. Unfortunately quarantine issues etc keep us from exporting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Good information on the site though. My auntie has put a LOT of work into it over the years. Graphics could be jazzed up but they are OK. At one stage it was the only rose site on the net. We had people from everywhere asking how to order. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

We sell the bushes and not the cut flowers.
    Hey, if you love roses here\'s something you might be horrified at. We cut all the flowers and buds off, Morticia Adams style, and don\'t use them. LOL

Default Don\'t waste those Roses!

If I were you and had that many rose flowers to waste, I\'d investigate collecting the petals and using them for rose essential oils. Commercial stuff is horrendously expensive. It mght make a good little side stream of cash flow for you.

Enlightened One

Default Re: Don\'t waste those Roses!

Hey good idea whitehall, yeah you can make a fair bit of cash flow from the rose essential oils and also can use it for phero scent covering for the chem sets along with the vanilla scents.

Phero Pharaoh

Default Re: Don\'t waste those Roses!

man..rose EO is COSTLY if pure

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information