Close

Default DHEA Information

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hello my fellow pheromonally-crazed buddies,
    I\'ve been using pheros for about 2 or 3 months. I\'m still experimenting to find my proper \"blend\" and application methods, but I must say, it has been quite an interesting journey so far. Anyway, rather than post a whole bunch of dumb questions, I have been hiding in the forum shadows reading boatloads of old forum material. I have learned quite a bit from you guys, but anyway, back to my subject.
    I have noticed many posts of DHEA in the past. I\'m a younger guy, so I don\'t really want to take any kind of DHEA supplment, but I was wondering it arone is directly present in spray DHEA. So far, I have deduced that it is not present until DHEA is metabolized by the liver (and converted into DHEA-S). As far as I know, DHEA-S can only be obtained by prescription. So my real question is, if DHEA spray was sprayed directly on the body, would it have an Arone-like effect, or not. I assume that it wouldn\'t because it has not been metabolized. DHEA-S possibly would? What do you guys think?
    To add further information, check out this post on the internet made by Kohl that I found:

Subject: DHEA facts
    Date: 30 Aug 1995 07:55:57 GMT
    DHEA is the most abundant adrenal steroid we produce. It is not considered a sex steroid hormone, but the body can convert it to sex steroid hormones. Two byproducts of DHEA metabolism: androsterone and etiocholanolone are produced in different ratios in men/women; older men/younger men, and some evidence suggests that this is also true in homosexual/heterosexual men. In any case, DHEA is the only steroid hormone that declines lineraly with age. So, if you thought estrogen and testosterone were more important to maintain--you may be wrong. Though many researchers were concerned with John Nestler\'s use of 1600mg/day (4 doses of 400mg/ea, in a study of DHEA\'s effects on obesity in obese males, he reported no side effects. Remarkable were the effects on body fat loss, with no weight loss. These findings were not replicated in males of normal weight, who showed no significant effects of the DHEA as I recall. Perhaps more remarkable is that William Regelson has done research both on DHEA and on Melatonin. He has a book out about Melatonin, and as I recall, he wrote one on DHEA several years ago. If you have access to the Medline database, you may want to run a search for review articles & DHEA (or Prasterone as it is sometimes referred to). There are several studies, including some on humans that date back into the early 80\'s. In Europe, DHEA has been used to treat psoriasis (an autoimmune disorder) since the early 70\'s. If you can read German, this would provide a clue to the dosage in at least one condition. Okay, so how did I come by all this info? I\'ve been involved in linking steroid biochemistry to olfaction and human sexuality. Surprising stuff, this. And among it\'s other proposed uses (see U.S. Patent # 5,407,684: Use of DHEA as a Medicinal--Inventors Roger M. Loria & William Regelson), Winnifred Cutler is using DHEA (or its sulfate) as a fragrance additive marketed as a human pheromone
    http://www.damicon.fi/sd/dhea.html

------------------------------------
    For those of you who do not know, Cutler sells the product Athena 10X. Unfortunetely, Kohl does not state whether or not she is using DHEA, or it\'s sulfate form (DHEA-s). One again, I\'m wondering if I buy the oral spray DHEA and apply it to my body, would it work like ARONE or not? Thanks all...
    --Back to the shadows [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]--
    The Observationist

Default Re: DHEA Information

In the US of A, Land of the Free, DHEA is widely available without a prescription and in many forms and varieties.

I\'ve personally tried to spray DHEA in ethanol directly on the skin but have noticed no pheromone reactions from others nor any scent of enhanced pheromone production or conversion.

Now, DHEA on the mucus membranes of the mouth does undergo some sort of metabolic conversion and rapidly. Likewise DHEA on the vaginal mucus membranes rapidly \"energizes\" the tissues

Phero Enthusiast

Somewhere I have a paper that reports an analysis of the Athena products. It states the men\'s product probably contained DHEA, along with nol, none, synthetic musk and lipids. The women\'s product was indecisively claimed to contain DHEA.

This is in contrast to Cutler\'s book, where she emphasizes that the sulphate DHEAS is the active pheromonal agent. She explicitly states how she reasoned that DHEAS was a male pheromone becuase it is 3 times more prevalent in male sweat than female. She had noticed menstrual regulation three times more effective in hetero couples vs. lesbian, where the frequency of intimate partner presence was compared. Her point was that DHEAS was the active phero, not DHEA. So anyway it seems odd that the ananysis showed DHEA in her products, when Cutler so loudly proclaims DHEAS as the phero of interest.

Research papers written by Cutler and an associate won\'t reveal the pheros tested - but state they are based on what\'s generated in male and female armpits.

So it\'s confusing about whether DHEA or DHEAS is of interest. Some writers even seem to use the terms interchangeaqbly.

Is DHEA dangerous for anybody under 30? I ask because I\'m in my 20\'s and I was wondering what the dangers or side effects are?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I recommend keeping with no more than 5 or 10mg if under 45.

Phero Enthusiast

A nurse told me it could effect bone growth/structure - even in the face/jaw, if taken by young men while undergoing a growth spurt, since it can monkey with sex hormone levels. Standard warnings say stay away from it if under forty. Dr. Smell surely has the informed opinion here...

Thread Information