Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    **DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Skyrocketing use of prescription drugs

visit-red-300x50PNG
    It\'s amazing how when you wait to hear the entire story, the other person\'s reaction suddenly makes perfect sense.

I\'m so sorry for all your trouble.

Phero Pharaoh

didnt really want to get into this one but maybe should share couble things that made me truely distrust doctors.
    One was personal when i had a swollen prostate gland, the doc gave me a new drug that had been givie him by a drug comp to try..it damn near killed me.
    second was when once i took my youngest son to a doc with a bad ear infection(running 103 temp) and the doc gave him anti-bodies to take, now i gave them to him several days as perscriped -during that time he was totally zombied out of his mind- but i gave them to him as told too. now where i got scared is when two weeks later i got same infection in my ear, considering i had like 6 of those anti\'s left i decided to take them over the next few days..oh man no wonder the poor little guy was zonked- they put me out like a light, now he weighed like 30 #\'s and i\'m 8 times that weight..if they did that to me..he was major overdosed. That scares me

Banned User

I thought in the USA doctors could get sued for everything (at least it is a lot more easier and \"profitable\" than in Europe). Isn\'t that a reason for doctors to be very careful with what they prescribe their patients??

Franki [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

It costs a FORTUNE to sue. I used to work for an attorney whose mother went to the doctor because she was having trouble breathing -- he was dismissive, told her it was bronichitis and sent her away. It was lung cancer and she suffered and died in six months. It\'s such a pain in the ass to sue a doctor that my ATTORNEY didn\'t even try, and she was working in insurance litigation at the time.

upsidedown

I think this drives home the fact that you have to do what Bruce did. You have to get out and look for a competent professional. Don\'t just take one doctor\'s opinion on things, but shop around and get multiple opinions. I have doctor horror stories I could tell as well, and I\'ve kissed several frogs before I finally found a prince (or in my case she turned out to be a princess!)

Phero Pharaoh

that gets expensive, not to mention todays health insurance comps don\'t allow you to do that and recieve repayment under your coverage. In fact the insurance company ( that covers the whole family)providing my ex\'s insurance INSISTS that you pick 1 doctor from a list of doctors they will cover and once you do..thats it, you go to another it is at your expence.

upsidedown

Well, it\'s your health, and you have to determine what it\'s worth to you. Yes, it CAN be expensive, and I\'ve paid for a few extra doctors out of my pocket over the years. But, in the end I was glad that I did.

**DONOTDELETE**

Wolfe, usually they will let you change but you have to notify them that you are changing to a new Preferred Provider. You can go to another doctor on most plans, you just have to know how to work the plan. And most plans will pay for a second opinion. You sure this isn\'t true with your plan, too? Curious if you\'ve read the fine print.

(I know, I know, I\'m not your mumma....)

Phero Pharaoh

not being married to the lady any more i\'m not covered at any rate . i provide my own \'insurance\' with cash ,IF and when i need it..last i went to a doc was 10 yrs ago when i had the prostate prob. (that was 1st time i\'d been to a Doctor in 25 yrs anyways)-Dentist not included of course ..believe some1 once said \'only the good die young\" --that being the case i\'ll live forever

Phero Pro

All-in-all, I\'m certain most forum members found our exchange to be quite revealing~

Enlightened One

Quite revealing but helpful and presents new points of view for others to go through.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

*some grow out of ADD to a significant degree.
    *Many develop new habits, confidence, and self-esteem while on medication, and their brains respond to the new positive habits. This is a worthy goal.
    *Some do stay on it; some change medications periodically.
    *Some can find a minimum dose and change the rest with nutrition and lifestyle.
    *Mental health problems can often be secondary to stressors and trauma. The brain can heal from these to a significant degree.
    *sometimes MH problems are in the form of episodes that just don\'t last forever.
    *sometimes counseling takes care of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information