When I was 15.. i first started. I had been always against it in my earlier years due to the flood of propaganda. But, my hormones were changing and I wasn\'t a happy little kid anymore.

My first time was with a friend... it was a joint. I wasn\'t sure exactly what to expect... euphoria I guess. Well, nothing happened after i inhaled the sweet smoke at least 10 times.

When I learned to inhale it right, i finally felt the effects. It wasnt as euphoric as i expected... more psychedelic acutually, provoking the imagination. I started buying it, I was very interested in my state of being \"high\".

I would take walks in the woods and take a few puffs off my pipe, and I would feel happy, not like alcohol happy, but in a trippier way. This altered state of consciousness would last up to 3 hours.

I did it about everyday when i was 16 and 17. Occasionally i would take breaks of a month or 2. It was easy to stop, suprisingly easy. The only thing that made me want to keep smoking was boredom. It was a great boredom killer.

I learned that all the hype about the bad side of pot was a lie. I hear people use the term \"burnout\" to pot smokers... and yes I think there can be... but for me, it was just the opposite. I was an incredibly deep thinker when I was high. I could think of problems I was having and find solutions.

It increased my sexual urge and appetite for food at least double. That was ok, i liked to masturbate (unfortunately i wasnt smooth and attractive with the girls) and i was thin.

I did start to become slightly antisocial in my high school years. I didnt have much motivation to talk... unless it was important. I was always deep thinking, maybe too much.

Well, i decided now that I am 18, and probably have smoked the stuff close to 1000 times, its time to quit. It started to loose the psychedelic touch, when i smoked it, I got tired more and just relaxed. No psychedelic thoughts which i sought out.

I believe my social life would have been better without it... and maybe it did stunt my growth some too, but I believe it was fun. It did drain my energy a good bit though, and that is my main reason for quitting. Not saying i will never ever do it again, but for now i am done.

Well thats my story.